First grow ever, White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ishnish said:
:ciao: long time no see, FTC.
looks real nice for a first grow and only one plant. some sweet look'n smoke ya got out of it.
i'm a little jealous.. lol
see ya at your next journal.

Hey thanks Ish....yep, it has been a while. What's up? I started with 3 ww's just to see how the first grow would go, one stuck it's balls out early then the other one hermied at about 4 weeks. I didn't want to have to deal with the herm and baby it along, pulling nanners, and risk my girl, as inexperienced as I was so I am pleased with this one remaining ww. I learned a lot that I can put to good use in future grows. I was only looking for a couple oz's when I started and I think after stemming all the buds I'm guessing I'd be at around 400 grams of wet buds. If I get 20% then I'm well over what I was hoping for and probably right at 3 oz off my first plant. I'll take it:hubba::D

dirtyolsouth said:
HI,

That's a very nice yield and it's all about harvesting when the buzz is where you like it... and how 'bout that finger hash? :hubba: Nothing better to me than a nice bowl of finger hash after a trim session. I'm guessing that you don't have clones from your first grow in veg? Next grow I encourage you to keep a separate small grow space so that you can keep clones from your flowering seedlings in veg while you flower the moms and then you can not only have females ready to go after you harvest but eventually you can have several of the same 'pheno' ready to flower and keep that pheno's genetics in your garden indefinitely imho... AWESOME first grow, bud!

Peace!:cool:

You are correct, I was busy enough trying to drink out of the first time grow fire hydrant to try clones this time. Rest assured that will never happen again:hubba:

And the finger hash is going to have a very short life.....:D

3 oz's! dang, i only got a lil under one oz with my first try.
just got about 3 oz's from my last grow with a single plant in DWC.
currently i'm popping all the beans i've been holding on to over the years just to see what i get. gonna be moving to a new place in a month or so, so i'm excited to have hopefully at least ten different strains of females if not more to start with in the new pad..
i'll get a link in my signature here in a sec..

What's Up FirstTime
CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST HARVEST!!! I am so very happy for you!!! I've been wondering about your girls trics now for the past week. I have one that is showing mostly cloudy and I may have to give her the ax here very soon.
Dude I know exactly what she smells like and I can only hope that she smokes as good as I know she smells. I just came out of my room thinking about you and your girl. Wondering if the high will be as good as the smell of our buds? I can only imagine the joy that you must have knowing that you are now curring some of the worlds best bud, that you grew yourself.
(Quick tric check and a few minutes latter)
I was so excited after hearing the news of your harvest, my scissors fell out of my hands and cut a branch off....opps!!! So I now too have a few small buds of your plants close relitive drying. Pretty cool!!!
Thanks for sharring your grow, your info and your thoughts, it has been a great learning experience to be able to watch your journal and know that we are growing the same weed from the same breader.
Many Many Thanks Firsttime!!!
Another BigTime Thanks to all that make this possible!!!
GREAT JOB FT!!!!!

Happy Holidays And Peace To All!!!
MBT

mikeybtoken said:
What's Up FirstTime

I was so excited after hearing the news of your harvest, my scissors fell out of my hands and cut a branch off....opps!!! So I now too have a few small buds of your plants close relitive drying. Pretty cool!!!

Happy Holidays And Peace To All!!!
MBT

UH........smoke time for you:hubba: I've got enough smoke to keep me going until this harvest dries and cures slowly. With that said, a quick dry just for "sampling" works just fine:D

After a week of drying and now in the jars for curing, I ended up with 92 grams broke down as follows:

Main cola: 20 grams
Larger secondary colas: 63 grams
Light/airy popcorn buds: 9 grams

I smoked a couple of the smaller popcorn buds last night. Suffice to say, I am looking forward to smoking the larger buds as the popcorn smoke last night was GREAT:D:holysheep: I hit it probably 3 too many tokes, but I'm not complaining:hubba:

I'm happy with a 3 oz harvest of great smoke. Time to let it cure nicely. I can already tell the taste is going to be fabulous to go along with the great high. We harvested at just the right time for the high we were looking for. For those growing white widow, grow on.....you are going to love this smoke!!

wow very nice looking buds!!!! hope my widow turns out like yours!! :ccc:

Congrats on the w.w. harvest. Out of all my jars, I smile the most when the one I grab says white widow on the label. I keep a qt. or a pint jar of each of 10 strains in a brown shopping bag. I don't look when I reach for a jar. I play "pot luck" LMAO.

Thanks gang, yes it is happy holidays to me:D Hey, swg just watch them, give them what they tell you they need and they will certainly reward you with some kick !#$% smoke. 420B, heck I even like the smell when I get to pop the top of my mason jars everyday....course not as much as the ww smoke;)

I thought I was the only one that opened the jars, to get a whiff, lol

420benny said:
I thought I was the only one that opened the jars, to get a whiff, lol

Not even close, matter of fact, I'll be popping the tops in just a little while.

A quick smoke report though. I gave a friend 3 buds and he gave me one of his buds from this year and two from his crop last year. I have to say, I thought his was good the last time I smoked it but, in comparison to this ww smoke....hands down, the ww is a much better and a longer lasting high.

Those of you growing ww for the first time, you won't be disappointed:D

"likein" the white widow!!:hubba:

Nice I am growing WW for my first grow so Im stoked. I just started flowering actually! :watchplant:

"Those of you growing ww for the first time, you won't be disappointed"
FTC

COOL!!!

I'm really hoping that your right and that mine turn out as well as yours!!!
It sounds like you are having a great WW Holiday Season. LOL
I just took a few more sample cuttings that I can hardly wait to test. By the time these samples are dry I will hopefully be chopping the rest.
I'm really glad to hear that you are so happy with your smoke. You did an AWESOME JOB and it sounds like you are now reaping the benifits of a perfect first grow.
Thanks Again As Always, for sharring it with us!!!
Best Wishes To A Great and Happy New Year!!!
Peace MBT

Latest posts

Back