soil recycle question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1 cup of fine dolomite lime per 1 cubic foot of soil. ask your hydro store owner to order you a 50 lb bag of it. lasts forever and it's cheap.

BAM

What does the lime add. I always thought lime was for adjusting ph. But I also don't know a whole lot.

coloradodreamn said:
I'm really glad you came to the light. i remember when you were a die hard DWC guy hanging your bulbs bare, vertical. and we had some heated arguments on yield and taste, hydro versus soil, and we never came to a conclusion....but i see you are in the dirt now and i like you even better:hubba:

Always played in dirt. :)

depetreono said:
So chef since I'm technically not "building" my soil as you do from basically scratch. What would you ; or anyone else, recommend be added to keep the pep in my soils step. I don't think I need an overly hot soil bc I do feed with every other watering.
Thank you for any feed back

Read thru this. Get you a jumpstart.

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54332

depetreono said:
What does the lime add. I always thought lime was for adjusting ph. But I also don't know a whole lot.

Calcium and magnesium are macronutrients. Lime adds both, though more calcium than magnesium. It also "buffers" your medium- making it neutral.

I like to leave a lot of the roots (fine feeders) in the soil- they're loaded with benficial fungi and break down pretty quickly.

Sounds good. I'll keep up with what I was doing and just removing the root mass and leaving the rest in there. I'll need to hit the hydro shop for some lime. Thanks for the help guys. Wish me luck.

depetreono said:
Sounds good. I'll keep up with what I was doing and just removing the root mass and leaving the rest in there. I'll need to hit the hydro shop for some lime. Thanks for the help guys. Wish me luck.

Check out Lowes or HD or a feed store for the lime. I get mine at Lowes and it's >$5 for a 40lb bag.

Wet

Latest posts

Back