Wondering about my sprout.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trent45

Reaction score
I have a 4 day old sprout that had a bit of a rough start. The membrane on the seed case got stuck and I had t remove it as the secind set of leaves were already growing in. SInce then he's been re-potted and is absolutely loving things.

Here's the deal. The main root brances off into two shoots, as you can kinda see in the picture, it makes a bit of a "V" with one side a bit hight than the other. The higher leaf formation has a bit of a butterfly leaf, I think it may be a couple petals fused together, followed by some newly emerging petals. The right side of the "V" is looking normal.

Now I was wondering, is this going to branch out into a set of two branches, making two colas later on? There is no leaf formation in the middle area.

IMG000051.jpg

Seems to me like a normal little seedling, sometimes the membrane gets stuck on my seedlings and with a little help and a couple hours, it just opens up and branches out.

Looks like you will have 1 cola with some side branches unless you LST or top or FIM.

Got a fan on that baby? Get that and add more lights/get them closer.

Read my thread in my sig on the wet/dry cycle should teach you a little, and some others even added a little to help us.

Other than that, good luck and GREEN MOJO!

Yeah I moved my light closer after the pcture was taken and it's just over an inch away now, and LST is in the plans.

I just installed an intake fan madde from a CPU fan so they are getting plety of fresh air and some wind.

I will definatly take a good look at the Wet/Dry cycle, thanks a lot man.

Would hope it was a mutant and grew to main colas from the bottom. That would be a pretty big yield!

Disco94 said:
Would hope it was a mutant and grew to main colas from the bottom. That would be a pretty big yield!

Not always, sometimes 2 main stems to feed from one root system can hurt your yeild. I never top my girls. If they do it on their own then so be it but never force it.

Latest posts

Back