First grow ever, White Widow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Time Caller said:
That is a statement I have seen different answers to, some say no light until they break the surface, others say light as soon as you plant. I'm open to suggestions, advice, brow beating.....I have the ability to "light em up".

What would the sun do?

Truuuuucker clock.... who wants it :D you recognize that man ? hahaha

Your WW are looking awesome man, I just saw your thread and came in to check it out :) I will be pullin up a seat for the rest of this one ;)

chris1974 said:
Your WW are looking awesome man, I just saw your thread and came in to check it out :) I will be pullin up a seat for the rest of this one ;)

Gotcha on the clock:D

Thanks man and thanks for stopping by. Checked out your grow, looks like you are going flower anytime!! Nice looking grow.

Green thoughts headed your way....time to go nute.....lightly.

Right on man, I get akick outa the Bob & Tom show :D Mr. Obvious is a riot along with all the other goofig off they do.... thanks for checkin out the new grow, and yes... I am forcing myself to veg longer so I can take a few babies form them:) cant wait to start flowering next week tho :D good luck man, Ill be checkin in on the regular ;)

Ftc lookig real good bud. You're gonna freak when you flower, sing with me.....schtinky buuud.....stinky buuud.

chris1974 said:
cant wait to start flowering next week tho :D good luck man, Ill be checkin in on the regular ;)

That is some funny stuff....hum, I didn't make the connection:D

Same thing man, I'll be over by your place watching. Nice looking grow.

the chef said:
Ftc lookig real good bud. You're gonna freak when you flower, sing with me.....schtinky buuud.....stinky buuud.

Hey Chef, thanks man. I walked in the house today, to that wonderful "stanky" smell. I can only imagine what they are going to smell like when they flower.....hum, I better go have a look see:hubba: Course, I think I'll burn one first then sit and watch them:smoke1:

Here's the two girls after their first three nights of 12/12. They actually grew from 16-17" (41-43cm) to 20" (51cm) over the weekend. In addition, the preflower pistils probably doubled in number and size. They got only their second dose of 1/2 strength nutes..foxfarm Grow Big..on Saturday. I've culled all the other growth from the grow box at this point. I'm still watching two of the four freebie unknown indicas as one looks like it "may" go fem, and the fourth I'm LSTing, topping and generally just abusing it:hitchair::D. The third white widow is definitely male and is on schedule to meet the henchman, as I'll clone a couple growths off the fems.

Smoke on:bong2:

beans220resize.jpg

beans216resize.jpg

Hi FT
They look great man! They look like they really like what ever your doing to them. You can really tell that they are the same strain from the same breeder, they look just like mine.
I will be a week to ten days behind you, I am trying to wait until 11/3 to flip mine. No matter what I'm sure that we will be chopping them at about the same time and we should be smokin them together.
Kinda cool. Keep up the good work.
I'm ready to do a little chop shop on a couple of mine as well. I can hardly wait to see you buds. There probably already starting to show as we speak.
I picked up some Fox Farm Nutes I may try some here soon.
Thanks for the show.
Peace
Mike

mikeybtoken said:
Hi FT
I can hardly wait to see you buds. There probably already starting to show as we speak.
Thanks for the show.
Peace
Mike

Hey MBToken..Yep, they just started showing some pistils on most of the bud sites, other than the main cola, overnight last night. "Citing" Stuff:woohoo:

Now I'm going to have to extend my gorw box up, as I've only got another couple inches left. A job for this weekend. Live and learn, go big right off the bat.

You will love the foxfarm stuff. Look at the pdf file on their site, not the recommendations on the bottles. I'm yet to go anything more than 50% on the Big Grow, and started off 30% at around 3.5 weeks. They did respond to the initial intro of Big Grow. I have gone 100% on Big Bloom, as it is merely a weak supplement.

Peace on man

beans224resize.jpg

Here are the girls lesboing it after I sent the dastardly male to the gallows. He went like a woos, no kicking no screaming. As you can see in the greenhouse pic, the girls are now 24" and filling out nicely. They got their third nute of 50% Big Grow & 75% Big Bloom last night. Today is day 7 of flower and, as you can see in the third pic, pistils are present on all the bud sites. Small, but pistils none the less:hubba:

The second picture shows the girls in the grow box this morning. What you are looking at is 4' x 2' x 4'. I'm going to have to do some increasing on the size of the box or build a new one. Something has to be done this weekend as they have outgrown this box. I'm really thinking about just building another box for flowering and keeping this one for vegging.

Hoping to see a lot more pistils this time next week.

Uh.....this growing is addicting.......:holysheep::D

beans268resize.jpg

beans264resize.jpg

beans254resize.jpg

Lookin sweet FTC! Sorry about the male........NOT! Aint it a shame when they outgrow the box? Keep it up!

Looking good...hve you thought about tying them down a bit? I did that in my first grow in my dwc and got multiple fat colas....looking real nice though...good job...

:ciao:
can't wait to see some of them frosty WW buds..
:watchplant:

mikeybtoken said:
Hi FT
They look great man! They look like they really like what ever your doing to them. You can really tell that they are the same strain from the same breeder, they look just like mine.
I will be a week to ten days behind you, I am trying to wait until 11/3 to flip mine. No matter what I'm sure that we will be chopping them at about the same time and we should be smokin them together.
Kinda cool. Keep up the good work.
I'm ready to do a little chop shop on a couple of mine as well. I can hardly wait to see you buds. There probably already starting to show as we speak.
Thanks for the show.
Peace
Mike

How can you tell in vegetative growth stage they are the same strain? Cannabis looks very similar, and only wide differences between sativa and indica shapes can differences be seen. For most varieties that are sativa-indica mixes, the shapes/thickness/thinness will look about the same.

the chef said:
Lookin sweet FTC! Sorry about the male........NOT! Aint it a shame when they outgrow the box? Keep it up!

I felt a little wrong cause actually it was a "here, take this" kind of feeling cutting the male off at his..... as for the grow box Chef, see my response to HL

Hamster Lewis said:
Looking good...hve you thought about tying them down a bit? I did that in my first grow in my dwc and got multiple fat colas....looking real nice though...good job...

Thanks man, I have thought about it but I need a flowering box anyway....I'm wanting to start an auto grow:hubba: then gotta get some going later to transplant outside in the spring....too much growing...too little time:D

ishnish said:
:ciao:
can't wait to see some of them frosty WW buds..
:watchplant:

Hey Ish....yep, I'm watching them intently.....come on girls, come on girls...I wonder if there are any new pistil....better go look:hubba:

looking goo there FTC looking real good we shall watch our buds grow together. good luck bro

What's Up Firstime
Sound like we have been doing the same things. I have been messing with my flower room for days now, I'm still tuning my enviroment in as we speak. I wanted to flip mine already but I will likely wait another day or two so that I make sure that everything is working properly

StrawberryC
If you read though both of our post you will find that both of our WW seeds came from AMS within days of each other, so our plants could very well be sisters or at the very least should be very closely realted.
One of the main reasons that I odered from AMS is because their White Widow strain has a really good reputation for being increadibly stable.
I'm hopping this hold true?

FF
Which reminds me my freebies are truning out to be some crazy looking plants, I will post some pics this AM over at my grow.
Did you start some or do you have some already in veg? Just curious to what
yours are looking like?

Later FT

Latest posts

Back