Island Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RonJay

smokin surfer
Reaction score
Well I wanted to start this journal 10 days ago before I started, but like Island time "everyting soon come" :joint:
It was and still has been a hectic 10 days, with a trip to another island to pick up grow closet and waiting for airport arrivals of bean supplies. The closet has taken some setting up and stabilizing. Temps have been the big problem, living in a climate where average daytime temps are in the 90's and only dropping a few degrees at night; a house with no aircon, its been a problem, but getting on top of it.
so what to grow?
will post next soon

selection4web.jpg

So the choices were made and we're ready to go:farm:
will post first week update very soon

germination4web.jpg

Good luck bro! Looking forward to following this grow.

So I'm germed some on kitchen paper and a few in rockwool, that was wednesday night. By Friday they were sprouting so transfered all to rockwool.
100%... yes all 15 little babies sprouted.
So thats 6 Ak47
6 Strawberry Cough
3 Hawaiian Snow
1 week photos coming soon

Dang! I was hoping this was gonna be an outdoor grow! Good luck Ron:D

1 week later
Still trying to keep temps down and a whole heap of bugs away, need some organic home remedies as holes starting to appear in leaves. Will take and post 10 day photos later.
anyway here they are a week later...
3 of the AKs and 3 of the strawberrys
what do you think still small I know:D

1weekgroup.jpg

1weekAK.jpg

Temps were the problem all week, i knew they were stunting growth.
Thursday the ph is 3.4 and babies died.
Got ph under control but raised ppm too high, nute burn starting
thursday night squish over 20 caterpillars munching merrily away on babies
anyway here is a 10 day pic.
2 weeks coming soon, fingers crossed.

10 days.jpg

Got aircon exhaust sorted and growroom temps under control.
Looking better everyday now
taken a couple of days ago at 2 weeks

2weeks.jpg

got 9 little girls at least now, starting to do great, another couple of days I should have a sea of green to post, fingers crossed
wish me luck

looking good!!! my friend was in boyscouts in hawaii and he said he stumbled across a huge field of weed growing, and he took a bunch and got caught cuz the smell was so strong... i've yet to see proof lol.

coming along
1 AK47
2 A group shot
Now that i have temps stabilized between 75- 80 the girls seem much happier and growing rapidly. Think I may veg for a couple more weeks, no rush:watchplant:

ak.jpg

group.jpg

Lookin good RJ... I'll be pullin up a seat for this one :) ohh.... hey man,
hold this for me will ya :48:

looking good.... pulls up a seat green mojo for ya gl

Thanks for the green mojo I think its helping
pic 1 the girls
pic 2 strawberry cough
It's been a good week with temps stable and I think it's made a difference. Some of the girls are a little behind but hope they will catch up a bit this week. Still think I will veg for 2 more weeks. Hope it will be a happy new year gonna be too late for Christmas

thegirls.jpg

strawberry.jpg

Been away compadre looking after girls sent me pic
get home 3 days think they may be ready to have their light reduced
what do y'all think

girls.jpg

lookin good RJ!

are you flowering in that space? if not, i'd let them veg another 2-3 weeks if you could.... you'll be rewarded with a nice sized harvest....

Thanks Fleshstain
yeah I'm flowering in this space so I'm thinking I might switch to flowering otherwise space could become a problem. What does anyone else think, flower now or hold off another week or so. Pics taken this evening. All advise gladly and willingly received.

IMG_0245.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

Thanks OldSkool I'm gonna
Last day on 18 hours, tomorrow change out the lights add some bloom booster to the nutes and switch lights down to 12/12
Found 2 ugly caterpillars munching merrily away this evening, one nearly 2" long, are they worth drying out and smoking:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back