New to all this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Planning and reading and drawing and making lists is all I am doing and have been doing for thé past few weeks. Nothing like.preparation :)

My first month solid of prep was super intense! Reading, viewing, etc for 8-10 hours straight each day, over a month of it. Then purchases and GO GO GO GO mode lol

Good luck and just enjoy it. Take your time, do this prep correctly :aok:

Planning and reading and drawing and making lists is all I am doing and have been doing for thé past few weeks. Nothing like.preparation :)

Well you came to the right place to prepare and ultimately Grow. We are here to help you, no question is a dumb question.

Okay then based on an average sized plant how many could I be looking at. I'm quite a heavy smoker myself (3-4 z's a week) which is the reason I decided to get into growing my own. Mostly cheese strains and super skunk. Would it be feasible to grow enough to cover my own stash on a monthly basis?

Okay then based on an average sized plant how many could I be looking at. I'm quite a heavy smoker myself (3-4 z's a week) which is the reason I decided to get into growing my own. Mostly cheese strains and super skunk. Would it be feasible to grow enough to cover my own stash on a monthly basis?

Wow, I can only smoke a oz or so a month of my stuff. I'm apparently a lightweight as one tent (grow space) seems to suit my needs. I grow one plant and usually harvest 4-5 oz's and then rinse and repeat 4 months later. Three grows a year more than meets my medical need. If I can be any help I have been doing it for a bit, like so many others on this site, we just want you to be successful and meet your needs.

Well I reckon if I can grow my own high quality green then it may cut down how much I get through because eventually I know it will be the highest quality bud in the area. But I'd not mind being able to sort a few friends out occasionally as well if I had enough to go around that is :)

Are you smoking that much? That's crazy I'm a quarter a day max . You smoking low end stuff bro?
Like you said the high grade stuff will cut down on how much you gotta smoke. That's a lot of plant material you are smoking.

It has been know that I've smoked an ounce in 1 day before, perhaps more when I was getting alot of good cali orange (my personal favourite) but yeah the stuff near me isn't the best bud but I don't fancy a 3 hour round trip for the better stuff.

Well I reckon if I can grow my own high quality green then it may cut down how much I get through because eventually I know it will be the highest quality bud in the area. But I'd not mind being able to sort a few friends out occasionally as well if I had enough to go around that is :)

With my set up I can seat 9 in my 4x4 Flower tent but that is after growing for a couple years. This comes with a learning curve so I would go smaller the first grow while you sort out everything and gain the skills needed to grow a bit bigger. I can veg about 5 smaller plants in my Veg space. 3 if they are bigger.

Unless you are going with fem beans or have access to clones you will want to pop more beans than actually needed to account for any males or seeds that don't pop.

I will most likely start with few fem seeds and then take cuttings from them and keep that process going with any I'm particularly fond of.

I love DNA gear got Tangie vegging right now. I have smoked sky walker kush from Tilray and it was Fire hammy. The Kosher Kush , Sour Tangie and chocalope are all great strains.

I love DNA gear got Tangie vegging right now. I have smoked sky walker kush from Tilray and it was Fire hammy. The Kosher Kush , Sour Tangie and chocalope are all great strains.

I agree...I have always loved DNA/Reserve Privada. Years ago I grew an LA Confidential that was fire.

I have been looking at the og kush and the confidential cheese from Dna. The chocalope is tempting as is the sharksbreath.

I have been looking at the og kush and the confidential cheese from Dna. The chocalope is tempting as is the sharksbreath.

Yeah...the problem is too many tempting strains, not enough time to grow them out. :D

That would be solely for a vegging room/tent. I intend to go the hps route for flowering. Main thing I need to work out is how much space I'm going to need for what I want to grow. I'm talking eventually of course I will start small 2/4 plants to begin with.

That would be solely for a vegging room/tent. I intend to go the hps route for flowering. Main thing I need to work out is how much space I'm going to need for what I want to grow. I'm talking eventually of course I will start small 2/4 plants to begin with.

You are looking at about a pound a month. I'll tell you that you would have to be continually smoking to go through an oz in a day, even a half ounce a day is a huge amount (don't you work?). I have an incredible tolerance as I have smoked for so long (45 years or so), am mostly retired, share a whole lot with my friends, and still do not go through that amount of bud. What you are smoking really must be substandard or you wouldn't require so much. I am thinking that when you get some quality cannabis that your consumption will go down.

IMO, producing a pound a month is going to take more than a 4 x 4 tent and a 600W light. I am thinking that you would want at least a 5 x 5 and probably 2 600W lights. A vegging space about 1/2 the size of the flowering space should be able to supply the flowering space. Starting smaller is smarter, but you do not want a bunch of equipment sitting around that will not handle your needs if you do decide to go larger. I love the T5s for vegging--they are my vegging light of choice. The one you linked is most likely a HO fixture and puts out 40,000 lumens like Hammy mentioned. They call this a propogation light, so it most likely has tubes in the blue spectrum. If you did decide to flower with it, you would need to change out at least some of the bulbs to a red spectrum. When looking for quantity, there is no beating an HPS--the more lumens the better (lol to a certain point that is)

I work mostly from home (I am self employed) so have as much time to smoke as I allow myself which tbh is usually all day every day lol.
So how's this, if you where to set up what I need to what would you go for exactly? Makes it easier since you all have the experience.

Latest posts

Back