what happens with wrong spectrum?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

booradley

Reaction score
I know all about what spectrums you need for what, but what happens if you, say, veg under bloom? Since buying my HPS I have been using my floros for veg and I have a wonderful t-5 fixture but filled with bloom bulbs. I do plan to buy veg bulbs for it, but it's not in my budget for a month or so. So what would happen to my mothers/vegging plants if I stuck them under my t-5 with bloomers? Right now I am using a 105 watt CFL for veg, but this weekend I am doing some rearranging and would be helpful to be able to use my t-5 for vegging. I will stick to the 105 if there is a good enoug hreason I can't veg under it for a month...

Per my experience nothing would happen to the mothers. Be fine under bloom flos. Critical time for PAR for MJ is week 3-4 of veg of a seed start.

Read here

So it wouldn't have any ill effects on my clones? I use SOG and only veg my clones for 2 weeks. What about while rooting a cutting? any ill effects?

Haven't grown from seed in quite some time! :)

Mutt said:
Per my experience nothing would happen to the mothers. Be fine under bloom flos. Critical time for PAR for MJ is week 3-4 of veg of a seed start.

Read here
This scares me Mutt WHY WHY!!!

booradley said:
So it wouldn't have any ill effects on my clones? I use SOG and only veg my clones for 2 weeks. What about while rooting a cutting? any ill effects?

Haven't grown from seed in quite some time! :)

Clones are already pre-determined so the spectrum would not play the critical role as it does with seed starts. I have found that PAR is very important in seed starts but clones it's just about keeping them going with sufficient lumens and of course the correct type of light for plant growth.

What really boosted my ratios up for seed start was an even mix of both bloom and veg spectrum flos. I actually ran a 90%+ ratio with regular Nirvana seeds before with flos, but HPS sent me down to 50% with seed starts.:eek:

But good response....why seed starts if you got a variety of good donors.:ccc:

Mutt said:
Clones are already pre-determined so the spectrum would not play the critical role as it does with seed starts. I have found that PAR is very important in seed starts but clones it's just about keeping them going with sufficient lumens and of course the correct type of light for plant growth.

What really boosted my ratios up for seed start was an even mix of both bloom and veg spectrum flos. I actually ran a 90%+ ratio with regular Nirvana seeds before with flos, but HPS sent me down to 50% with seed starts.:eek:

But good response....why seed starts if you got a variety of good donors.:ccc:

So 2 veg and 2 bloom bulbs in my t-5 might = 90% females? That's awesome to know! I have some seeds I am just dying to try out, after my current grow that is. Glad that I don't have to buy 4 new bulbs for my t-5 when I do!

Latest posts

Back