Flowering inqueries...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snowberry

Green God
Reaction score
After 3 months of growing i finally made the switch to start the flowering process. I am happy to say that they are all females. I have 2 indicas and 1 sativa, they are pretty tall and are shined upon by 2 cfl ott-light bulbs. The lower fan leaves of the 3 are droopy and the reason isnt nutrient defficiancy, its because they dont get that much light. The higher branches hog up all of the avalible light. I was wondering if this lack of light to the lower leaves will affect the bud yield of the overall plant or just of the lower bud forming sites. Are there any ways of taking care of my girls thats differ from when they were in the veg state, now that there in flowering mode(besides obvious: light, nutrient ammount). Would the purchase of another cfl ballast greatly improve my yield? How long is the normal flowering period?

You need something reflective to shine the light back onto your plant/s :)

You can use mylar or similar reflective material from a hydro shop, or you can paint your box/closet/walls flat white :aok:

This ensures all of your plant gets light to it.

Got ant pics? sounds like they are already stretching.

snowberry said:
After 3 months of growing i finally made the switch to start the flowering process. I am happy to say that they are all females. I have 2 indicas and 1 sativa, they are pretty tall and are shined upon by 2 cfl ott-light bulbs. The lower fan leaves of the 3 are droopy and the reason isnt nutrient defficiancy, its because they dont get that much light. The higher branches hog up all of the avalible light. I was wondering if this lack of light to the lower leaves will affect the bud yield of the overall plant or just of the lower bud forming sites. Are there any ways of taking care of my girls thats differ from when they were in the veg state, now that there in flowering mode(besides obvious: light, nutrient ammount). Would the purchase of another cfl ballast greatly improve my yield? How long is the normal flowering period?

You really haven't told us enough to really give you much help. How tall is "pretty tall"? What wattage are your lights? What about ventilation? Nutes? Soil? How often do you water? I don't think that you should automatically assume that the yellowing is a result of being underlit (although you are).

I don't think the purchase of another CFL would greatly improve your yield, however the purchase of a HPS would. You need 5000 lumens per sq ft to flower.

Growdude said:
Got ant pics? sounds like they are already stretching.
hey bro, all the ants are in the ground, cant get camera in ground.....LOL just getting stoned......

gettinggray1964 said:
hey bro, all the ants are in the ground, cant get camera in ground.....LOL just getting stoned......

Ants? :confused:

snowberry said:
:postpicsworthless:

Latest posts

Back