Bongo's BOMB Newb Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they are only on their 3rd set of leaves, I would not transplant them yet. However, like Rosebud said, how about a picture?

Ok here they are. This is just before watering. I water every other day.

learn to tell how dry/wet they are by weight of cup...........

How many plants would I need to grow yield 2 ounces? That would last me a year or more. :baby:

Yes, I've read that. Thanks :lama: I have no scale though:(

lift the cup before you water it........ then feel how heavy it is after watering compared to the unwatered plant......... lift pot/cup and learn to tell how heavy/lite they are.......... no scale needed..... your the scale...... it's an easy way to learn when your plants need water.......... try it.

I think that I would let them get a bit bigger before I transplanted them. They are looking nice--give them a chance to put on a little size. You may need to water every day. Do not pick a water schedule, but give the plants water when they need it. They do look a bit dry in the pic. I would also try to get something opaque around the cups. You should plant in containers that are not clear. Light can and does cause algae to grow.

I think that I would let them get a bit bigger before I transplanted them. They are looking nice--give them a chance to put on a little size. You may need to water every day. Do not pick a water schedule, but give the plants water when they need it. They do look a bit dry in the pic. I would also try to get something opaque around the cups. You should plant in containers that are not clear. Light can and does cause algae to grow.

Thanks THG. I"ll get some duct tape on those cups pronto.:bolt:

That will work just fine. A lot of us use colored kegger cups for seedlings.

The clear ones were cheaper lol. Not in the long run though.

I worked on the flowering room today. Filter up as high as i can get it. Ridged 6" duct does a 180 into the lamp fixture at the light socket side. I did it this way so I can slide the glass fixture cover in easy. The light is centered in the grow area and just a few inches lower than the filter. Out of the light, then a 90 down into the fan. Next is a 90 thru the wall.

The set up is fixed. I'll raise and lower the plants as needed. As you can probably tell by now, I just took a puff. :cool2:

Should I put the ballast inside or outside the grow area? I'm asking now as I'm real tired of making mistakes. :confused::confused::confused:

If I had a choice, outside the tent for sure. Doubt you need any extra heat in there, also you don't want to risk getting it wet.

Green mojo my friend

Either way is okay. In my flowering space, the ballast is in the space--no real good place to put it outside the closet. In my 32 x 32 tent, it is outside the tent.

That is a lot of turns with some kind of light-weight ducting. Disconnect the filter and let the fan pull the air directly into the light. Do not use the filter until you need it, usually when you get to flowering. Filters have a finite life and restrict the flow of the fan, so do not connect them or use them until you need them to control odor.

Either way is okay. In my flowering space, the ballast is in the space--no real good place to put it outside the closet. In my 32 x 32 tent, it is outside the tent.

That is a lot of turns with some kind of light-weight ducting. Disconnect the filter and let the fan pull the air directly into the light. Do not use the filter until you need it, usually when you get to flowering. Filters have a finite life and restrict the flow of the fan, so do not connect them or use them until you need them to control odor.

This IS the flowering area I am talking about. It is not a tent. No way to get around all the bends. It is what it is. I will put the ballast inside the flowering area way up high. No way to get it wet. I'm not quite finished with the flowering area but I will be soon. gotta connect the fan yet.

I took your advise and disconnected the filter from the fan in my veg tent.

Looks like I can use the filter in the veg tent for a spare in the flowering area. Thanks THG for all the great info.

I transplanted the remaining 4 plants into 2 gallon pots. They were starting to look kinda sad and I figured they needed some fresh Happy Frog soil.

The roots were plentiful, all the way to the bottom of the cup and lots of them.

I took care to cut the cup vertically to the bottom and cut the bottom of the cup off. Then I gently put them in their new home with the Happy Frog filled and a hole in the new soil deep enough so the seed starter soil still in tact with the plant fit into the new soil, watered and back in the tent.

I have read here that the vegg period ranges from 1 to 2 months. I can see my plants will not be ready for the flower stage in another 2 weeks.

Also, how long can a plant be kept in the vegg period? Can I take maybe 4 plants into the flower stage leaving 6 to vegg? I really hate to toss any plants as they all look so good.

I can see now what you guys are talking about regarding space and too many plants.

Could I put say 4 plants in the flower area and continue to vegg with the 600 watt light?

Just wondering.

I still plan on planting a few outside. I have read here that this will make the plant do funky things but what the heck, better than tossing them.

It sounds like you did a good job transplanting. Done carefully, you should get very little transplant shock.

You can actually veg a plant indefinitely. So yes, some can go into 12/12 now and others later. This is the way I always grow. Cycling plants into the flowering room at intervals so that I have something to harvest every 2-4 weeks. About the only problem with keeping in veg is that they can get big and unruly if you let them go too long. Basically, mother plants are plants kept in veg.

Plants that are in veg and are moved outside do not necessarily have to do funky things. What sometimes happens is that plants start to flower and then reveggs before it flowers again. Revegging causes some funky looking plants, but the "funky" is normal and not cause for alarm.

It sounds like you did a good job transplanting. Done carefully, you should get very little transplant shock.
Thanks THG. I tried to be very careful.

You can actually veg a plant indefinitely. So yes, some can go into 12/12 now and others later.
I'll give them a few more weeks and then into the flowering chamber.

This is the way I always grow. Cycling plants into the flowering room at intervals so that I have something to harvest every 2-4 weeks. About the only problem with keeping in veg is that they can get big and unruly if you let them go too long. Basically, mother plants are plants kept in veg.
Cool to hear.

Plants that are in veg and are moved outside do not necessarily have to do funky things. What sometimes happens is that plants start to flower and then reveggs before it flowers again. Revegging causes some funky looking plants, but the "funky" is normal and not cause for alarm.
This is cool to hear also. Thanks for the info.

Latest posts

Back