Making Canna Budder for the first time. So many different variables

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks PJ--I'll try clarifying the butter next time. My butter tastes so nasty that I do other things with trim, but miss not having the versatility of cooking with butter. I can't believe that I have never read about clarifying the butter multiple times before....

Thanks PJ--I'll try clarifying the butter next time. My butter tastes so nasty that I do other things with trim, but miss not having the versatility of cooking with butter. I can't believe that I have never read about clarifying the butter multiple times before....

Your taste buds will thank you for certain.
:)

OK, I am baking peanut butter cookies as a trial.

I can't find Rose's recipe for them. I used 1/2 cup PB, 1/2 cup sugar and 3 grams of butter. I think I need to add an egg.

The big thing I need is the cooking temp. I usually bake cookies at 350F but I don't think I should do that with these or I will loose the THC. I think I remember 225 for 15 minutes.

I am ready to put these in the oven if anyone has the right temp and time.

Thanks

I tossed just one in the oven at 350F to see how it comes out. I may need to add a touch of flour.

See you in 10 minutes. :)

Well, just ate my first cookie. :) The recipe wasn't great so the cookies didn't turn out totally delicious but.... absolutely NO pot taste. You would never know these cookies had canna butter by tasting them.

I'll wait an hour or so and maybe gobble up another. LOL

View attachment cookies.jpg

absolutely NO pot taste. You would never know these cookies had canna butter by tasting them.
Yeah I didn't think they would have much potency based on the time it sat, and the fact is was 8 grams which is a bit lite.

I bet you hit a home run next time though.

Butter looks perfect!

I am having some nice body rushes but how do you tell if you're high when you have smoked pot every day for half a century. :rofl:

My wife asked me (referring to the cookies), "Are you high". And, I replied, "Yes, I've been smoking pot all day. Of course I'm high". LOL

I am having trouble getting down this much sugar. I am not a sweets person and this is killing me. I need a recipe for pot potato chips. Or Frito's Corn Chips. I love those. Now, we're talkin' overdose. LOL

I'm going to squeeze the rest of this second cookie down and see if I can get paranoid.

I bet you hit a home run next time though.

No reason why not.... I'm learning from the best. ;)

Now, we're talking..... A slice of fresh ciabatta, smothered in (another single gram) canna butter, lightly covered with garlic powder, a grinding of sea salt and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.

I gobbled that sucker up in about 2 seconds. LMAO

Just raw like this (yes, smothered in butter and garlic is considered raw to Italians. LOL) I could taste a little bit of green. Not enough to ruin the crustini but I could definitely taste it a little.

Still, overall, not a total failure if I get a buzz from this much tonight.

I must say, the kitchen smells better today with the blackened rack of lamb than it did yesterday. LOL

Looking back, I had something of a buzz last night. Mostly a body high and it started early and ended rather quickly. Even the wife noticed I was doing different things than usual.

Next time....... LOL

Thanks again for all the input and help. It was fun and educational.

Am I the only one who wants a chiabata thread? Maybe canna olive oil?

Canna Olive Oil is definitely my next attempt. The wife and I were talking about it that night I made the butter.

How about a little ciabatta, spread with fresh avacado, layered with fresh sweet peppers sauteed in olive oil, topped with cherry tomatoes and a squirt of lemon.

I love to eat. LOL

View attachment secondbreakfast.jpg

Latest posts

Back