Random Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
1.) How much moisture does rockwool need? I kept the humidity dome overnight and there was still water on the leaves from when I sprayed 10 hours earlier. Is that good or bad? I opened it up a bit and now I'm worried my rockwool might go dry. It's really hard to know when it goes dry, especially because the part that counts is at the bottom.

2.) How do you water a rockwool cloning tray?
I've got 30 cuttings about 5mm apart in a tray just like this one:
http://www.britcropshydroponics.co....ge/product/1__Rockwool_Tray_4cb5ef69a8d74.jpg

Now the idea is to keep them moist, but how do I get in there? I spray but it just gets on the leaves because it's so tightly packed. Is there a trick?

3.) Does soil go bad? I left about 60 liters of soil mixture out and the top layer has become very dry. Is that bad?

4.) I checked my water temperature, I checked my pH, I didn't add any nutes, I scaled the air pump up and down, I'm using two 20w CFL bulbs.. but my cuttings aren't doing so well.

The only thing that is different is that the first time the light was able to reach into the cloning box to the roots and the seconds time I covered up the tray so that no light can come in.

Any ideas?

You know, you don't have to answer ALL the questions.

If you can answer just one, that's enough.

#3: No not for the reason you stated.

Lolwut? What did I do that made you want to give me bad rep..??

I doubt that it was KindBud that gave the bad rep, but somebody did.

Lolwut? What did I do that made you want to give me bad rep..??

Kindbud did not give you bad rep--someone else did. Kindbud was just sending good vibes your way hoping that you can change the red to green.

I would say that you want to keep rockwool damp, but not wet. Did you soak the rockwool in water pH'd to approx. 5.5 before you put the clones in the rockwool?

Cuttings need very little light. Get rid of one of the lights.

Kindbud did not give you bad rep--someone else did. Kindbud was just sending good vibes your way hoping that you can change the red to green.

Oh.. the way he said it "good luck with your bad rep", I assumed he was being sarcastic.

I would say that you want to keep rockwool damp, but not wet. Did you soak the rockwool in water pH'd to approx. 5.5 before you put the clones in the rockwool?

Yes, mam, I did. I just don't know how to keep it damp since I can't water each one individually.

Cuttings need very little light. Get rid of one of the lights.

But I have like 50 cuttings in a 0.7x0.7m space.. 40w is too much?

Most of us don't pay much attention to the green and red "pebbles. I find that it is just easier to ignore people that irritate me.

You can kind of water them individually--just get something that you can direct a small amount of water on the cube that is getting dry. Don't saturate the cube around the stem as this can result in damping off.

With an area that large, 40W is probably not too much.

i dont really mess with the rep i gave u + rep but someone gave u alot of bad but... soil doesnt really go bad u may have to add stuff to it if it get old i have reused soil a few times but anyway i always use the domes when cloning atleast for the first week or so i also try to remove the dome a few times a day to get fresh air

Most of us don't pay much attention to the green and red "pebbles. I find that it is just easier to ignore people that irritate me.

You can kind of water them individually--just get something that you can direct a small amount of water on the cube that is getting dry. Don't saturate the cube around the stem as this can result in damping off.

With an area that large, 40W is probably not too much.

I'm a little confused about the rockwool.

Before, I was using Root Riot cubes and they felt very much like foam, as in they would become drenched with water and then you could squeeze them. This would make them just damp enough to stimulate root growth.

But with the rockwool.. it just feels too brittle, like every time I squeeze it, it comes closer to breaking off entirely.

And as for watering it just right.. that would require personally spraying each of my 50 cuttings possibly more than once a day. That's a hell of a lot of work..

Well, I turned off one of the bulbs, so I have 20w now, which makes it about ~8 watts per square meter, or the equivalent of a 40w incandescent.

i dont really mess with the rep i gave u + rep but someone gave u alot of bad but... soil doesnt really go bad u may have to add stuff to it if it get old i have reused soil a few times but anyway i always use the domes when cloning atleast for the first week or so i also try to remove the dome a few times a day to get fresh air

I don't know why it's so hard to understand that I was rep trolled/hacked..

Just because someone doesn't like you, doesn't necessarily make you wrong.

But thanks.

Latest posts

Back