Unknown source of dieing leaves. Help?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on the medium/soil you are using. some off the more coarse mediums will dry quicker because they drain better. if the medium is very dense, it will take quite a bit longer to dry.

LJpowner I know it's hard bro to let em chill but you gotta. The worst thing you wanna do is over water skill.

Im just letting it do its thing. Hoping for the best. My meduum drains pretty well so it drys a little quicker thats why i said 2 days

If flushing doesn't solve your problem I would suggest repotting into something not so hot. Gotta get those roots away from the hot soil, and flushing won't flush the soil, just the extra nutes you added to it. If the problem started before you added the extra nutes, repotting may be your only option, or just wait it out.

Do not transplant it until it is healthier. The small container is NOT your problem, feeding way too hot nutes is the problem. The flush should be done with about 3-4 times the amount of water the pot contains--a 1 gal pot will require 3-4 gallons of water being poured through the pot to flush it. Flushing is not like a heavy watering, you are totally saturating the plant and letting copious amounts of water run through the soil and drain out. It should really take longer than 2 days to dry out even with good drainage.

Just so you know, it is not the chemical nutes that caused you the problems. You used hot soil and then you fed with hot nutes. This would have happened with organic nutes, also. Just because they are organic doles not mean that they can be used at any strength. Organic nutes are certainly capable of frying a plant, just as chemical nutrients are, if they are too hot. It is critical that you know and understand what you are giving your plants before you give them anything. Trying to treat problems willy-nilly without actually knowing the cause will almost always have bad results. Not trying to beat you up or anything, but this growing can be quite complicated and a hundred different things can go wrong along the way. You might want to do a little reading up on nutrient needs and the difference between organic and non-organic grows. Just switching to organic nutes is not going to make everything "A-okay". You still have to feed them the correct things in the correct proportions for the growing phase they are in.

Green Mojo for you and your plant. Let's hope it recovers. Is this your only plant?

This is my only plant at the moment. I had an earlier issue with a couple plants. I was using cfls and it caused em to stretch. But i used bag seed for that one so i wasnt to worried. But now i ordered these seeds. I only used one because i wanted to learn how to do it right before i tried to manage multiple plants. Too be really honest this is very discouraging.
I would like to know the easiest way to start growing. Im not looking for a crazy optimal yeild. I just want to know the mechanics behind this. Knowing my soil is hot worried me for the simple reason i didnt have a problem before this. This soils has been the soil this plant has grown in from the start. It just started showing signs of this earlier this week basically. I dont understand how its just effecting it now.
But ive been thinking about if this plant dies. Ill try coco and nute them myselfs. Im gonna try to stick organic. Makes sense to me... I'm trying to stay happy and positive. Im just learning by error and its bugging me.

Just a piece of advice; switching to coco will cause you just as many problems as this organic direction has IF you don't fully understand the functions of the medium and the nutrients. I can tell you that I love using coco coir but I am very experienced at using it. Every medium has its own quirks that you have to learn and master to have successful grows. If you prefer to stay with Organic growing then don't try to switch or that will complicate the information curve that you are on right now.

If you sincerely want to change to coco then I will be happy to help you, but I can tell you that it will require some more investment in the tools for growing with coco.

I would suggest that you don't give up on this one until it is stone dead as it is a very good learning tool (painful but valuable). But you need to do some studying on growing with organics, and I would highly suggest that you have your source water tested so that you know what is in it and where the pH stands for that water. Your source water can cause you problems continuously and in different ways if you don't know what is in it. That should be the first thing that any new grower does before getting started. That is your ground floor starting point.

In my personal thought behind the issue, im trying to get to a point to where i have full control. Ive researched a lot about coco. I love the fact that its easy to recover from and i like that I have to nute and promote root growth and that I physically grow the plant.... it seems like the best way to learn becauze ill learn reactions to good nuting, over nuting and under nuting. And be able to bounce back quickly by flushing since the coco is airy and drys quickly. Im letting this plant do what it does. Im not nuting it ever again. Im letting the soil do that. Im just watering. I have ph equipment om the way. But either way. My next grow will be coco because i feel like i will gain the most. Whether it be knowledge of how not to do it. Or whether i feel the success of the fruits of my labor.
All and all. This plants either gonna take its course and make it will or pass away and i start a coco grow.
To your comment about you growing in coco.
Id love to have a reliable tutor lol.
It would help me out a lot.

And while I admire the things Hush does with his grows, I hate using coco--I personally found it very difficult to deal with, and I have been growing for decades. If you want simple, go with an organic soil and organic nutes. Simply put, Coco is not really that simple.

The first thing you really need to understand (and I think you are getting it), is that this plant is difficult to grow and it does take a a certain amount of money and knowledge--i.e. there is a reason that cannabis is so expensive. So, do you have the money to set up a proper space? If you do not, this will be an exercise in futility and you will continue to be disappointed. You will need more than a few CFLs in a cardboard box. And you will need to know more about what it takes to grow this wonderful plant. The basics are not really that hard, but you do need to know what the plant needs and wants to be able to treat it as it needs to be and provide the correct environment for good growth. I always grow for quality over quantity and most growers who do not sell, do the same.

Besides the obvious benefits of organic, I like not having to pH the water all the time and the fact that you can make soil additives and nutrients out of garbage and poo (but not all poo).

I'm not using cfls and a cardboard box... anymore XD.
I've got my own grow tint now. Inside mylar. 400w mh system and hps for flowering. I think either way for me though. Even if i don't like coco, I'll still learn a lot. Yeah I've got the money for this lol. The only thing is is i am in a small city with no near flower shops and stuff so all resources are 100%online only.
But... im getting with hushpuppy and making sure I'll have what i need before I need it. Thanks for all the help guys i do appreciate it. I enjoy the hobby... but I'm just a novice learning. Hoping to be an intermediate lol.

Thanks for everyone who helped me!
Just a very happy update.
I upgraded my grow from my redneck rigged homemade mylar tent. To an actual high quality mylar tent. It has 2 fans inside for awesome air circulation. It has a heat drain that runs through my HID cooling tube and a fresh air intake that runs to the bottom to always have air moving from bottom to top.
Transplanted my baby girl from a 1 gallon to 3 gallon when she was healtheir. And now shes in absolute heaven. Now i need to know. When should i put her on 12/12 and replace my MH with HPS? Pics for update :D (sorry for my pics always being rotated. Tried to fix. Just wont let me)

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1422554636238.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1422554663092.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1422554718285.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1422554740352.jpg

View attachment uploadfromtaptalk1422554771156.jpg

Latest posts

Back