First Time Cloning Satori...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HotelCalifornia420

Reaction score
I've just gotten through my first round of cloning Satori, with acceptable results. But the success rate was not as high as I expected.

This is my first time cloning Satori, but I've cloned in the past with about 90% success rate.

All my former clonings were done with Clonex gel and mist in Rapid Rooter plugs with un-ph'ed tap water. But this time I used 1.5" rockwool cubes and Take Root powdered rooting hormone plus Clonex mist. I used non-ph'ed distilled water (just like Jorge Cervantes does in his latest youtube video).

I grew three Satori plants from seed, and took three clones from each, for nine total. Then I flowered the parent plants. All three were female, but one was noticeably more healthy and vigorous than the other two. And its clones did noticeably better than the other clones. I had six of nine clones take root, but their relative health seemed directly related to the health and vigor of their respective parent.

In the end, I kept the three clones from the same (healthiest) mother.

I've anticipated trying Satori for a long time. And now it's so close. I can hardly wait.

Good for you. I don't blame you for being hardly able to wait. Sounds like you may have gotten different satori phenos.. Very interesting. Love to see some pics. Congrats!

I have better luck with Rapid Rooters than I do rockwool. It might just be the different medium that caused you problems. Everyone needs to find what works for them.

I hope that you enjoy your Satori. I just love it!

I have better luck with Rapid Rooters than I do rockwool. It might just be the different medium that caused you problems. Everyone needs to find what works for them.

I hope that you enjoy your Satori. I just love it!

I only switched to rockwool because they stand up by themselves. Just wanted to try them.

I've found they hold more water than I thought.

I liked Rapid Rooters better.

Very cute new babies. They look good for 2 weeks. keep up the good work.

I've never used rockwool but I have heard people say they recommend putting a layer of perlite underneath them to let them dry out a bit faster and prevent them from getting water logged.

Latest posts

Back