LST Pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutt

Just a Dawg
Reaction score
Stoney asked a thread be created showing Low Stress Training Pics. Heres mine @ 3 1/2 weeks of growth. Everybody chip in a training pic. (no great job posts, or lookin good posts)

IMG_1594.JPG

IMG_1597.JPG

IMG_1599.JPG

IMG_1601.JPG

IMG_1600.JPG

Topping

The most used way to prune marijuana is topping. Topping is removing the main growth shoots. After this is done, the plant will direct all of its energy into the two nearest growth shoots, and you will get two new shoots instead of the one you chopped off. Side branches will get a chance to catch up since the top shoots will stop growing for a few days while the side branches continue to grow. The end results will be a more bushier plant with more main bud sites.

The Fim Technique

Fimming is almost like topping. Instead of cutting off the entire top shoot, you only clip the top 60% or so of the growth tip a kind of "hair cut". This has the same effect as topping, but since you don't remove the growth tip you keep that also, this can sometimes even give more than 3 extra grow tips.

LST (Low Stress Traning)

LST or Low Stress Training are ways to bend the plant without harming it, so the primary growth tips are lower than the secondary growth on the plant. Since LST does not harm the plant, growth is not stunted for a few days like it is using other techniques. When this is done it will regulate its growth hormones and the side branches that were not in the light will start to catch up fast resulting in more bushy, lower plant, and many side shoots. Making this ideal for indoor growing.

whats up everyone. here are some pics of my LST white widow. first pics shows the widow being tied down for the first time at 2 weeks old. 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th pics show all the new growth at 3 weeks old. 6th pic shows all the new tops that have formed at 4 weeks. 9 total tops in all on one plant. last pic shows them under the flourex lights.

000_0412.jpg

000_0628.jpg

000_0629.jpg

000_0630.jpg

000_0689.jpg

100_0127.jpg

100_0399.jpg

LMAO..did ya see me make a "soup sandwich" outta' that?..

Im goin to start LST on one of my babies its a good technique... im gunna use sum pipe cleaners green in fact.. its outdoors and its still small so ill have sum funn

i prefer to top my plants and similar type of appearance to plant all open so light gets to all bud sites.......

no time for lst.

pkj

How soon do you start LST? after the dismal amount of viable buds on the bottoms of my plants when I harvested I'm willing to try. My bagseed babies all have 3 sets of symetrical nodes (3 leaf).

OK, I have a confession. I'm a lazy sumbitch and I occaisionally come up with a time/energy saving idea. I'm sure lots of folks LST with pipe cleaners. I began using them because I had lots of trouble getting stoned and having to wrap that fecking twine around, inside/outside, underneath, wrap it around. Fershitsake. This method is quick, simple and let's me have more time to smoke. I call this...
The Rev's Magic Pipe Cleaner Therapy

What I'm trying to accomplish with LST is more bud sites and an even canopy from my plants so they will grow as uniformly as possible.
Pic 1 The first picture is the results of LST on my Blue Mystic plants last grow.
Pic 2 - These colorful pipe cleaners have magic in them. (OK, humor me here. I'm stoned as usual).They came from the Fabrics & Crafts department at Wally World. They are twice as long as your standard pipe cleaner.
Pic 3 - Drill some holes around the top edge of your plastic pots. I usually add 10-15 holes in a gallon pot and up to 30 holes in a 3 gallon pot. You can always come back later and drill more holes if you need them.
Pic 4 - Insert the pipe cleaner in the hole.
Pic 5 - Attach one end to the plant gently. You can make it loose or tight as you need to secure the plant but don't snap a top off. After a frew days when you need to tighten up, pull the pipe cleaner further through the hole on the edge and bend it upward. This is a really quick method. Lots quicker than getting stoned and trying to untie and re-tie that damn twine.
Pic 6 - This pic is important. Make sure you begin by tying off and securing the base of the plant OPPOSITE from the side you'll be doing your bending. This plant was started on LST at day 18. I generally start LST when the plant is big enough. Be gentle.
Pic 7- Here the plant is beginning to fill space horizontally. It has almost covered the entire top of the pot.
Pic 8 - When a side branch finally reaches the edge of the pot, I tie it off (loosely) and let it begin to grow upward.
Pic 9 - These 2 plants are still under 6 inches tall.

Day 79 canopy.jpg

Day 79 color.jpg

Day 79 edge hole.jpg

Day 79 pipe clnr 2.jpg

Day 79 tied down.jpg

Day  18 LSTd.jpg

Day  36 wwbb.jpg

Day  45 anchored.jpg

Day 48 22.jpg

Any Questions? Comments? Jokes? Please feel free to add pix of nekkid girlfriends mud rasslin' or things of interest.

{more pix to be added as this grow moves along}

nice job reverand...my only comment would be that those colored pipecleaners really detract from the beauty of the plant..:p

Hick said:
nice job reverand...my only comment would be that those colored pipecleaners really detract from the beauty of the plant..:p
I understand your position. It's kinda like that guy in your avatar... he detracts from the beauty of the toilet on the porch. :cool:

Rev great comment, and mutt nice pic, but on the topic..... Do you guys ever use any other training methods in combo or just LST.

I top and prune my mother (donor) plants (HST) as well as LST. Then clone what I have cut off. That way my plants don't too much room.

:D
THE BROTHER'S GRUNT said:
Topping

The most used way to prune marijuana is topping. Topping is removing the main growth shoots. After this is done, the plant will direct all of its energy into the two nearest growth shoots, and you will get two new shoots instead of the one you chopped off. Side branches will get a chance to catch up since the top shoots will stop growing for a few days while the side branches continue to grow. The end results will be a more bushier plant with more main bud sites.

The Fim Technique

Fimming is almost like topping. Instead of cutting off the entire top shoot, you only clip the top 60% or so of the growth tip a kind of "hair cut". This has the same effect as topping, but since you don't remove the growth tip you keep that also, this can sometimes even give more than 3 extra grow tips.

LST (Low Stress Traning)

LST or Low Stress Training are ways to bend the plant without harming it, so the primary growth tips are lower than the secondary growth on the plant. Since LST does not harm the plant, growth is not stunted for a few days like it is using other techniques. When this is done it will regulate its growth hormones and the side branches that were not in the light will start to catch up fast resulting in more bushy, lower plant, and many side shoots. Making this ideal for indoor growing.

LST (Low Stress Traning)

Making this ideal for indoor growing.

Also for stealthier outdoor growing...my last outdoor grow was trained in LST and blended in much better with the other greenery...mine were in a nettle patch and the guy who mows my lawn saw them at least once a week and he didn't realize they were there til I gifted him half a z at Christmas...

Peace...One Love...j.b.

ok ok ok. i've relocated yYYyeaahh..

remember me, the balls pimp whom grew in his window some premium grade C regs in downtown meto!! haha

anyways.

so, the basic idea of LST tranning is just getting it to grown on its side? is that it? or once its on it side then what do you do?

Just keep that top trained sideways, all of the side shoots will get alot of extra light and grow nice batch of nugs...

Peace Y'all...j.b.

Latest posts

Back