2gallon vs 5 gallon pots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

bejohnst

Hey guys I'm setting up a new space that has a footprint of 39" x 48". I'm trying to figure out how many plants to flower in what size buckets. I have 5.5 verticle feet of room (that is when the light is all the way up and measuring from the glass on the aircooled hood down). Should I go with (6) 5 gallon containers or (12) 2 gallon containers. Please factor in my available height when making your judements. Thanks.

What type light? IMO I would go with 5 gal and do some LSt if needed. 2 gal spells rootbound to me.

i would also use 5 gallon or larger and try to remember when switching from veg to flower look forward for appr. 1in a half to 2 feet in height difference just in the 1st 3 weeks depending on strain your growing.

And have something in place to catch the run-off.....large shallow totes due nice.

Or a heap of old t-shirts you don't care about anymore.

bejohnst said:
Should I go with (6) 5 gallon containers or (12) 2 gallon containers.

or 24 1 gallon pot's :eek:

oh the choices :D

grow on

DSCF2686.JPG

DSCF2687.JPG

WOW I'm floored to see buds like that in such a small pot! :eek:

you want 1 plant per pot so i would go to 2 gallon pots. and you should be able to fit 18 in yer room easy. i grow with 2 gallon hardwall nursery pots all the time. you can top yer plants. and starting with 18 does not mean you end with 18.

Latest posts

Back