Questions on grow room and yield?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JerryG1989

Reaction score
I plan on having 4 400 watt air cooled mh/hps, One 6-12 site ebb and flo bucket system for mothers and 3 4ftx4ft ebb and flo grow beds with 20-25 plants in each grow bed. Each plant will be in its own 1.5gallon grow bag with clay pebbles for ease of movement from vegging to flowering and general arrangment. My question is, is 400 watts enough for 20-25 plants? Ill only be vegging them about a week maybe two after rooting. I dont want them taller than 2-3ft much closer to 2. Another question is how much do you think each bed will produce with 20-25 plants under a 400watt hps with a hortilux bulb? Also is 400 watts enough to keep and eventually flower 6 mothers? The first two strains will be Paradise seeds white Berry and Reserva Privadas Kosher Kush. Any and all help would be appreciated.

How many bulbs u flowering under? A 400w will b good for a 3x3 or 4x3 with a good bulb n ballast.

4 lamps each with a 400 watt hortilux bulb or m.h depending on the stage, one over each bed and one over the bucket system.

If I'm reading this right...... 1200 watts total ........ I think your under lite..... there are many many variables about how much yield can be achieved....... one of those is you. be safe.:bong:

Plant count has nothing to do with lighting needs. Lighting needs are figured by lumens per sq ft. You need a min of 5000 lumens per sq ft for flowering, so a 400W is good for approx 9-10 sq ft. Four of them will light a space that is 36-40 sq ft. How big is your space? You are talking about 3 4 x 4 tables plus an ebb and flow for moms (this confuses me if this is a flowering room). Three 4 x 4 tables are 48 sq ft--too much for 4 400W even without the moms.

4X4 is too big an area for a 400wHPS. You should stick to 3x3 maximum.

Latest posts

Back