AllDayToker's The Come Back... Getting Serious - 600w HPS Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllDayToker

Reaction score
ADT here. Just joined the forum today, been on a few others. I figured the first thing I should do is create a new thread for my comeback to growing.

This thread is not just for me to post updates. I want to here your opnions, questions about my grow, and also anyone who has questions about their own grows, want to share some of their pictures, or just want to freely talk and hang out. It'll be a pretty open thread, but where I'll be posting updates on my grows.

I took a small 2-3 month break after my last harvest I had. Just wanted to figure some things out, but now I'm ready to come back an stronger then ever.

Right now I'm just running a 600w HPS cool tube in my closest. With the closest only being 2' deep I'm only able to use half of the 4' x 4' potential from my light. I also have a smaller cab for vegging. So I normally like to have some kind of perpetual cycle going.

I use organics almost strictly. I make my own AACT's for feed and create my own soil mixes.

For my first round coming back I'll be trying out three different strains. One is AK-48 regs from Nirvana seeds. The other two are F1 tester strains from a good friend of mine, one is called Purple Monkey, and the K.A.S.I.

I started germing these today and damp paper towels, threw them in some zip lock bags, then put them in a dark area. They should crack in a day or two.

I will be putting as many females as I can into my flowering area and grow them 12/12 from seed. I'm doing this so I can get a faster first harvest. At the same time the other females I get will go into the veg cab for a long 2 month veg. I will only keep the best males of each strain and keep them for collecting pollen, the other males will be culled.

Pretty much it for now. Will put more details in later. No pictures obviously of the new grow but here is a quick shot of some Black Domina x Bubblegum I grew a few months back.

Sub up and follow the fun!
ADT

ADT here. Just joined the forum today, been on a few others. I figured the first thing I should do is create a new thread for my comeback to growing.

This thread is not just for me to post updates. I want to here your opnions, questions about my grow, and also anyone who has questions about their own grows, want to share some of their pictures, or just want to freely talk and hang out. It'll be a pretty open thread, but where I'll be posting updates on my grows.

I took a small 2-3 month break after my last harvest I had. Just wanted to figure some things out, but now I'm ready to come back an stronger then ever.

Right now I'm just running a 600w HPS cool tube in my closest. With the closest only being 2' deep I'm only able to use half of the 4' x 4' potential from my light. I also have a smaller cab for vegging. So I normally like to have some kind of perpetual cycle going.

I use organics almost strictly. I make my own AACT's for feed and create my own soil mixes.

For my first round coming back I'll be trying out three different strains. One is AK-48 regs from Nirvana seeds. The other two are F1 tester strains from a good friend of mine, one is called Purple Monkey, and the K.A.S.I.

I started germing these today and damp paper towels, threw them in some zip lock bags, then put them in a dark area. They should crack in a day or two.

I will be putting as many females as I can into my flowering area and grow them 12/12 from seed. I'm doing this so I can get a faster first harvest. At the same time the other females I get will go into the veg cab for a long 2 month veg. I will only keep the best males of each strain and keep them for collecting pollen, the other males will be culled.

Pretty much it for now. Will put more details in later. No pictures obviously of the new grow but here is a quick shot of some Black Domina x Bubblegum I grew a few months back.

Sub up and follow the fun!
ADT

I look forward to seeing your K.A.S.I. And purple monkey. I'll be starting some of them plus others from them soon.
I also have others going now I will start a thread on later. Just moved from RIU, Gonna get new pics when I get home to the garden.
Happy growing!!

I look forward to seeing your K.A.S.I. And purple monkey. I'll be starting some of them plus others from them soon.
I also have others going now I will start a thread on later. Just moved from RIU, Gonna get new pics when I get home to the garden.
Happy growing!!

Thanks man. We'll all have to share info, make sure we are taking note of things going on.

Also moved from RIU. Should have a nice group here.

Subbed. I want to see my K.A.S.I. in action. lol Although I have 2 or 3 going now as well. lol You'll LOVE those purple buds brother.

Why not clone instead of make seeds?

I have to start with seeds, I don't have access to buying clones. The reason for collecting pollen from males is for possible future crosses, just to have the genetics around in some way.

Once I have all my females going I'll clone the best one of each strain to continue on with.

I go both ways lol. I myself start seeds for the strains that are not in my collection yet.

Haha. Yeah I have to start with seeds, then I can clone all I want :p

Subbed. I want to see my K.A.S.I. in action. lol Although I have 2 or 3 going now as well. lol You'll LOVE those purple buds brother.

Haha, hell yeah man. I'm excited to get some nice purple buds. How you think she is going to perform under 12/12 from seed? And how potent was it? You still smoking on some?

I'll have the Purple Monkey running with them too. And if I don't get enough females I think I still got some of the Purple Trainwreck as well.

Pulling up a chair love to see new grows.

:watchplant:

Well I'm kind of bored waiting for these seeds to crack. Here is a picture of the seeds in paper towels and bags. 8x AK-48, 5x K.A.S.I., and 6x Purple Monkey. These are all regular seed, and the K.A.S.I. and Purple Monkey are F1s.

My plan for these...

I need a quick harvest until I can get back on my perpetual cycle with a long, two month, veg. So my plan is two do a 12/12 from seed grow while I allow others to veg up.

So I'm hoping for at least 12 females out of the 19 seeds I'm germ'ing now, and those will be put into 2g smart pots and under my 600w HPS for the 12/12 from seed. Any other females will be put into veg, and the best males of each strain will be separated and grow for a small time to collect pollen for any future projects I may have.

Pretty much the plan for now, not much else to say at this point since my seeds are still in paper towels haha sooooo.......

Here is a picture of me taking a dab out of one of my oil rigs. I make my own BHO/shatter with my trim.

Stay high,
ADT

Well I checked on my seeds a few hours ago and two of the purple monkeys have already cracked open. Under 12 hours is pretty damn fast for germ'ing.

I didn't know what to use for a seedling medium, and I don't have the option of buying anything new. I ended up finding some spag. peat moss, going to just try that straight and see how it works. I remember using it a while back and remember it working well, allowed me to keep them in a smaller pot longer and they got bigger actually, just don't remember why I switched from it.

Anyways the two that cracked I'll be putting in their starting pots, small 4" x 4" plastic pots. They'll be there for a week or so and then transplanted in their final homes, either two, or three gallon smart pots.

Do you have any used soil? That is what I use for my clones and the seed I popped a few weeks ago. I figure the nutes are low enough for the seedlings and clones and haven't had any troubles using it.

Do you have any used soil? That is what I use for my clones and the seed I popped a few weeks ago. I figure the nutes are low enough for the seedlings and clones and haven't had any troubles using it.

I was thinking about doing that, but figured the peat might work better.

I have some seedling soil coming my way actually, so I won't have to worry about it for a little while now at least :)

I was checking out your rig and saw the bottles lined up around the room.. Are those empty???

Just wondering cuz I think I got you beat!!! LOL!! Excuse the mess it's our storage area.. We also have 40 bottles of various wines, 7 cases of some sweet wine I don't like and 14 bottles of champagne.. We give away tons of alcohol!!

:Highjack Over:

View attachment IMG_0129.JPG

Latest posts

Back