New growth quite yellow, 1 month old plant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That seems a little low, start at 2 1/2 feet and lower from there, I very rarely have my led closer than 2 feet from the top of the canopy. Other's here use the same light as you, they might be of better help with distance for your light. Is it a Mars Hydro light?

Its from the same company, but the mars uses 5watt leds and no reflector, this is the - Reflector LED Grow light 96x3w.

edit - I seen Rosebud has the same lights as me.. hanging quite abit higher as well.

I raised the lights to just over 2 feet. If they stretch they could use the extra height anyways, its hard to sneak the water in there.

That seems a little low, start at 2 1/2 feet and lower from there, I very rarely have my led closer than 2 feet from the top of the canopy. Other's here use the same light as you, they might be of better help with distance for your light. Is it a Mars Hydro light?

Yes it is, just realized they changed company names and this light is advertised as a mars hydro light.

Looking nice in there. I worry your lights are a bit too close...If you see bleaching of any leaves pull those lights up to at least 18 inches.

Here is an update, seems as tho its not effecting the bottom of the plant for some reason, and despite the wild appearance it is still growing quite well overall. When I compare pictures side by side it looks like the plant is managing to restore the chlorophyll but new growth still coming in with yellow tips, or middle of the fingers on the leaves.

First pic is of lower portion of the plant, it seems fine.

Next up is the middle, then from the top view.

Last pic is of a Sweet Tooth Auto grown in the same conditions right next to this one..

View attachment 20150120_230813.jpg

View attachment 20150120_230714.jpg

View attachment 20150120_230940.jpg

View attachment 20150120_231052.jpg

Just dug a hole down into the soil of the unhappy plant, and used a soil test kit. The test showed a ph of 7.0. Any suggestions? I suppose a large flush with low ph'd water would be the thing to do?

As far as my charts go, with a neutral ph of 7.0 there should be no problems if it were a soil grow. Therefore if the plants are acting as tho it is soil-less then it must be. Kinda confirms my questions as to what ph to be trying to get. I realize pro-mi is a soilless medium but I wondered because of the organic nutes, as well as the additional ewc, if it was going to act like a soil grow.

I don't have the heart to dig into the healthy plants soil, so they will remain untouched untill they say otherwise.

blah, cheap ph meter has crapped out.. :'(

blah, cheap ph meter has crapped out.. :'(

yeah these cheapo soil ph meters never work. imo they must be banned from market, they still sell, everyone has tried them and was disappointed, but they still sell... if you were relying on that to manage your soil ph, then that's probably part of the problem, add dolomite lime to neutralize the soil ph, get a water ph tester, and feed with 6-6.5 ph

The soil test was with a green pill, which I believe is accurate. It was the cheapo water ph tester that crapped out. I have dolomite lime, but I didn't add any because the pro-mix hp comes with it already added.

looks like you have the bleaching...pull those lights up farther away from the plant. You are all organic right? No need to PH.

Yes it is an organic grow, except for the perlite that I added.

I raised the lights as high as I could we'll see what happens

Can anyone help me please? I planted 3 seeds in the same pot and they are 11 days old and growing, is it too late to separate them or will all 3 be ok in the same pot?

If the plants had a big enough pot, and you did some LST to keep them away from each other, I don't see why it couldn't work out for you.

Can anyone help me please? I planted 3 seeds in the same pot and they are 11 days old and growing, is it too late to separate them or will all 3 be ok in the same pot?

at 11 days it will be easy, just like transplanting a single plant, be gentle and think everything ahead not to mess up

It looks to be nute burn to me. It is just on the tips of the new growth. If the nutrients in the perlite are not organic, you do not have an organic grow. Growing organic is kind of like being pregnant--you either are or you aren't. Chemical nutrients will kill the microbes in the soil. If you are growing organic, pH should not be an issue. If you are not, it is critical. We worry less about the pH of the soil if it is close to 7, but it is not really the soil pH that is the issue, it is the pH of what you are feeding the plant and the pH of the run-off. I am not familiar with the green pill type of pH measurement, but IME, I have found nothing to really be accurate except a quality meter that is regularly calibrated. We do need to know the pH down to an (accurate) tenth.

Thanks for the reply,

I messed up with the perlite, didn't realize it had nutes in it until it was too late. This is the only 1 out of 5 plants showing these symptoms. Other plants have some P-K def from not adding bloom nutes quick enough. The bottom third of this plant has no problems, not sure what that means..

Here is the soil test kit I used, hxxp://www.amazon.com/Luster-Leaf-1612-Rapitest-Tester/dp/B0001LEPYA

They appear to be recovering some. I am inclined to think it is/was a type of nute burn as well. But the plants appear to be recovering from it. It may be that these couple plants with the issue had more pearlite than the others and they released more readily available nutes and began to burn it. I did notice in the earlier pics that the leaves looked very dark green. That is an early warning of too much nitrogen. it may be that they have used up the nutrient burst from the pearlite and are leveling back off again.

Latest posts

Back