Plants smell really bad

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToxicWaltz68

Reaction score
My plants are in the flowering stage (close to the end) and they used to smell like really good bud but ive noticed that 2 or so plants started to smell really bad. A real funk coming off the buds. No signs of mold on them anywhere, but the leaves are turning yellow.

Will my buds still be fine to smoke? Anyway to solve this.

we need some more info on what nutes u using, watering habits, soil and definitely some pics if you can, this information will aid your quest on getting a more accurate and faster response. thanks.

Have you looked inside the buds? or just on the outside?
If the bud itself stinks i suspect mold.

just on the outside cause the buds are still on the plant and i dont wanna tear them off.

plant is an indica, and im watering about once a day or 2 times every 3 days. do you think i should cut a bud off and look for mold? If there is mold, is the whole plant ruined or just the certain buds?

Describe the smell. I've had some pretty funky aromas on unknown strains b4 during the last 2-3 weeks of flower. From blueberries one day to rotten dead skunk the next then to like a hay field smell. Wierd stuff for about a week. I never judge smell until cured.
But yes look for mold as well.

The Misty strain smells like really bad body odor while it's growing.

Yo Toxic

decsribe in colours what it smells like

this is not as mad as it sounds lol

Hippy

You dont need to remove the bud to see inside for mold, just use your fingers.
Does it have a cat pee or amonnia smell?

Do you know the humidity of your grow room?

smelled just like friggin cat piss. i inspected the buds and i think it was mold. parts of the bud were a fuzzy brown with parts of it being fuzzy white. i removed the brown parts which i suspected to be mold from the rest in tact.

i'm pretty sure that this plant caused my other one to get the mold because of wind (growing outside).

did i do the right thing? Anyway i can prevent this mold growing before its too late?

Latest posts

Back