how much bud should i expect to get out of two kush plants under a 200 watt cfl?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlAzEmAsTeRkUsh42o

SmOkEd OuT
Reaction score
is that enough lighting guys or should i get another one? i also have two more babys so put that into consideration.... im thinking about getting an 8 4 foot bulb t5 lamp thats rated to put out 40,000 lumens.

Is your cfl actually 200 watts or is that the "equivalent wattage"?

How much cured weed comes off a grow depends on many factors.

1. How tall you grow the plants in vegetative growth.

2. The strain of weed it is.

3. The nutrients given the plant.

4. Grow room temps, humidity and air movement.

The T5 fixture would be a very good idea.

Can you post a pic of your grow area?

StoneyBud said:
Is your cfl actually 200 watts or is that the "equivalent wattage"?

How much cured weed comes off a grow depends on many factors.

1. How tall you grow the plants in vegetative growth.

2. The strain of weed it is.

3. The nutrients given the plant.

4. Grow room temps, humidity and air movement.

The T5 fixture would be a very good idea.

Can you post a pic of your grow area?

I plan on growin them to around 2 - 2 1/2 feet in veg.
They are bagseeds of kush strains but not sure exactly.
As far as the nutrients i am giving them ff grow big and ff big bloom.
I would say that the temp is 80 and i have the light about two inches away from the plants with a big oscillating fan. and i dont know how humid it is but im guessin its little high

oh and the bulb is a 200 watt cfl with an equivalent wattage of 600 in a bright wing reflector

BlAzEmAsTeRkUsh42o said:
oh and the bulb is a 200 watt cfl with an equivalent wattage of 600 in a bright wing reflector
one of these?

hXXp://growwurks.com/200-watt-compact-fluorescent-cfl-vegetative.aspx

These will NOT support dense bud growth. You need at least 400w HPS to get something worth the energy used to grow.

OGKushman said:
one of these?
http://growwurks.com/200-watt-compact-fluorescent-cfl-vegetative.aspx
These will NOT support dense bud growth. You need at least 400w HPS to get something worth the energy used to grow.
BlAzEmAsTeRkUsh42o said:
BlAzEmAsTeRkUsh42o said:
I plan on growin them to around 2 - 2 1/2 feet in veg.
They are bagseeds of kush strains but not sure exactly.
As far as the nutrients i am giving them ff grow big and ff big bloom.
I would say that the temp is 80 and i have the light about two inches away from the plants with a big oscillating fan. and i dont know how humid it is but im guessin its little high

Well, it sounds good to say that that 200watt CFL is the equivalent wattage of a 600 or 800 MH, but it's really not. The equivalent wattage thing is very deceiving.

If the bulb shown in the above link is the one you have, then you have about 10,000 lumens. That many lumens is good for about two square feet of growing area and good for vegetative growth only.

If you kept your plants within 2 square feet of growing area while vegging them, yes, that light will work. That's an area 1 foot by 2 (edit) foot square.

Your plants would have to be pretty small to remain inside that small of an area.

Like OGKushman says, a 400 watt HPS would serve you much better for both vegging and flowering. You could grow both plants up to about 4 feet tall under one 400 HPS.

IMO, 2 to 2-1/2 feet is too big. Your plants can double or triple in size when put into 12/12 and fluoros just don't penetrate enough for plants that large. I would probably put into flower at a foot or so if I was going to flower with fluoros.

StoneyBud said:
If you kept your plants within 2 square feet of growing area while vegging them, yes, that light will work. That's an area 1 foot by 1 foot square.

Your plants would have to be pretty small to remain inside that small of an area.

Hi, Stoney, you must be stoned :p

1 foot by 1 foot is one sq foot,
1 foot by 2 foot is 2 sq feet

1.4 foot by 1.4 foot is close to two sqare feet or (17 in by 17 in)
One plant for this isze area if you veg it for more than 2 weeks :p

Ditto to HPS, the best for flower :p

u want to know how to get a 400 w MH for free?:rolleyes:

How good is your back bumper looking on your truck? Can it take out one of these?:hubba:

sportsingle.jpg

The New Girl said:
Hi, Stoney, you must be stoned :p

1 foot by 1 foot is one sq foot,
1 foot by 2 foot is 2 sq feet

1.4 foot by 1.4 foot is close to two sqare feet or (17 in by 17 in)
One plant for this isze area if you veg it for more than 2 weeks :p

Ditto to HPS, the best for flower :p

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAAA

Yep, you caught me. I was blasted. That's pretty funny!

You know what? When I walked away from that post, I had a nagging feeling that something wasn't right about it....

Too stoned to care at that point....heheheheehe

Good catch! Thanks!

OGKushman said:
one of these?

p://growwurks.com/200-watt-compact-fluorescent-cfl-vegetative.aspx[/URL]

Hey OGKushman ya thats the light i am using and ya i figured its nowhere near enough light but i dont want to go with hps or mh because they are hot and i dont have the proper ventilation or anything for that. all i have in the grow room is big fan

2 plants only Blaze?

Man I love all the people here but man for 2 plants go HOBO set up!!!
Save the money in your wallet and you wont even regester on the hydro grid!
I am growing three at a time and when I started my monthly bill whent up 9 or 10 bucks. If your handy and have the ability to magiver things go HOBO man. If it is just for personal use and you dont need to supply anyone else its the way to go imo. I just pulled on from flower and the other 2 will come off next week and the way they are looking now I should get almost three 1 liter mason jars of budd at the end. This was my first try and that much will last me over a year. I only will have to do this once a year. Anyways Im rambling you dont need to spend hundreds to get good resaults for 2 plants.

Cheers!!!

degenerative_disc said:
2 plants only Blaze?

Man I love all the people here but man for 2 plants go HOBO set up!!!
Save the money in your wallet and you wont even regester on the hydro grid!
I am growing three at a time and when I started my monthly bill whent up 9 or 10 bucks. If your handy and have the ability to magiver things go HOBO man. If it is just for personal use and you dont need to supply anyone else its the way to go imo. I just pulled on from flower and the other 2 will come off next week and the way they are looking now I should get almost three 1 liter mason jars of budd at the end. This was my first try and that much will last me over a year. I only will have to do this once a year. Anyways Im rambling you dont need to spend hundreds to get good resaults for 2 plants.

Cheers!!!

Hey thanks. I actually have 4 plants. 2 are just babys though so i need a new light for either flowering or veg so i can start flowering my big ladies because they are around 1 foot right now and continue to veg the little ladies because they have a lot further to go!

Sounds like your doing what I am.
Couple at a time will not cost you much to do or in hydro if you dont want to get fancy friend just go HOBO style :aok:

Its working for me!

Cheers Friend and happy growin!

This is a cheep as it gets Friend
But you have to be willing to Magiver things and dont be afraid to canibalize junk around the house that can be put to good use.
here are some pics to give you idea on what I did and as I said if your just doing a couple of plants and are going to keep it small it works great!

Cheers!!!

Think I spent $275-$300 bucks top from start to finish. My first plants havest paid me back in full though and then some. Its all profit from here on in!!!

Cheers!!

Latest posts

Back