Build your own Odor Neutralizing Machine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can it be tweaked to be a human one as a mate of mine smells real baaaaad
only joking gonna sort one of these by this weekend
uk420maan

I just finished building mine!

Here are some pics.

For the ONA I used carpet freshener which claims to "Eliminate Deep-Down Odors"

You'll notice that I also added Borax, which is a fairly powerful odor eliminator. It can be found at any hardware store and has literally thousands of applications. I included a PDF of some of the things you can use Borax for, and a lot of it has to do with deodorizing. It's inexpensive too (>$3/4lbs). I added 2 cups.

Other than that I pretty much followed the directions, adding a row of holes about 4-5 inches above the mixture to allow air to be pulled directly over the mass of deodorizing mix. Also, I hot glued (what I now call white-trash welding) the fan to the lid to insure a good seal.

I just put my plants into flower two days ago, so I don't have any info on how well this actually works yet, but my apartment smells nice. Maybe a little overwhelming at first, but I'm sure that will pass. I'll keep you posted when my plants start putting out more of a funk.

Cheers, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the post.

View attachment borax.pdf

ONM4.jpg

ONM3.jpg

ONM2.gif

ONM1.gif

i got a question bout this thing here. if your mixin in stuff with floral bouquet potporri type stuff an u shove this contraption in ya grow room/closet watever, wouldnt your buds have acquired the fragrance of it any to where when you smoke it you taste it or smell it too? i woud think it'd have some impact on ya overall end product...

zipflip said:
i got a question bout this thing here. if your mixin in stuff with floral bouquet potporri type stuff an u shove this contraption in ya grow room/closet watever, wouldnt your buds have acquired the fragrance of it any to where when you smoke it you taste it or smell it too? i woud think it'd have some impact on ya overall end product...

I would highly doubt it, or else the plant would pick up all types of scents. If that were the case, people who use bat guano would produce weed that tasted like crap. Also, if the plant was able to absorb the smell, it would take an incredible amount of potpourri scent to have a noticeable effect on your buds. Besides, I keep mine outside of my grow space right next to the exhaust vent, NOT in the grow room itself.

Neat idea that.:)

I've had to use a variation of it in that my new carbon filter was not quite coping with around a dozen Cheese plants although it was rated for twice the air volume my fans were pulling so put a fabric softener solution in a bucket and just had my output ducting poke down into the bucket and hey presto summer fresh clean air in my loftspace,job done!

Would your set up not work better along the same lines as that way smells are processed before they waft about?

I have smoked buds that taste JUST like they were grown in a room with a breez bucket. at least a couple times a year every year i will get pot that tastes like they used dryer sheets as grow medium. not just on the outside like it would be if it was rolled in dryer sheets or something stupid, but all the way down to the stem.

Dr. GreenBrain said:
I just finished building mine!

Here are some pics.

For the ONA I used carpet freshener which claims to "Eliminate Deep-Down Odors"

You'll notice that I also added Borax, which is a fairly powerful odor eliminator. It can be found at any hardware store and has literally thousands of applications. I included a PDF of some of the things you can use Borax for, and a lot of it has to do with deodorizing. It's inexpensive too (>$3/4lbs). I added 2 cups.

Other than that I pretty much followed the directions, adding a row of holes about 4-5 inches above the mixture to allow air to be pulled directly over the mass of deodorizing mix. Also, I hot glued (what I now call white-trash welding) the fan to the lid to insure a good seal.

I just put my plants into flower two days ago, so I don't have any info on how well this actually works yet, but my apartment smells nice. Maybe a little overwhelming at first, but I'm sure that will pass. I'll keep you posted when my plants start putting out more of a funk.

Cheers, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the post.

Have you an update yet...just started mine again..and i aint done laundry yet:rofl: Kids will think Dad cleaned all day:giggle:

OK, I did make one and it does/doesn't work. I used everything except ONA in replace of that I used Baby shampoo which smells good for a few min but you have to mix the stuff every few hours in order for it to keep the scent going. I just ordered ONA and going to try that and see if that works if not then I will have to save up for a Ozone generator.

I am building one of these for a friend... Spent all morning looking for the ONA... Been to all baby shops and Pet shops.. Found something for cats' pee but didn't buy it... Wasn't sure about it...
Anyway I read the thread and found out I could use plenty of other Air Fresheners available... I'll get something good in the morning...

I don't understand - IS THE FAN MEANT TO BE BLOWING AIR INTO THE BUCKET, OR SUCKING AIR OUT??

Can somebody answer that?

Cheers!

Real78 said:
if not then I will have to save up for a Ozone generator.

do these actually work? i was thinking of buying the jr ozone generator from htg supply for my closet grow but i didnt know wether it would actually work or not.
anyone ever tried this one before?

and nikimadritista from my point of view i understand the fan is suppose to pull air from the room into the drilled holes in he side of the bucket, then the ona dos its thing and the fan pushes are out of the bucket. someone else correct me if im wrong ive never made one before its just my understanding of it

TokeWithHope said:
from my point of view i understand the fan is suppose to pull air from the room into the drilled holes in he side of the bucket, then the ona dos its thing and the fan pushes are out of the bucket.it

Makes sense to me mate...
I had the same in mind...

yeah im thinking of building one my self, already have the ona just need the rest of the supplies

Just exactly what is "ona" and wher do I find it?

Also, does anyone have any reliable information on using ozone generators?

If they work, does anyone have any DTY info on the ozone generator thing?

Thanks.

Don Jones

Latest posts

Back