Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what Joe can do in a tight grow spot with the DWC !--- I'm jealous !
In my opinion, it's not the size of the space, but the quality of the grow that defines a great grower. Joe well done. Before going bigger, I dialed in my grows. Now that I have scaled up some, changed every aspect of my growing technique, and fighting the bug wars and winning, I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. It's all about reading the plant, knowing what it is telling you, and how to respond. All a grower can do is to give the plant what it needs, when it needs it and let the plant reach it's genetic potential.

I was going to put my bigger one in flower tonight so I have some good medicine in a few weeks but since the little one AutoFlowered it changed my plan a little. So now since the smaller one flowered before I could get it bigger. It's going to yield much much less so I guess I'm going to let my bigger one keep growing s bit. Maybe even transplant it in a 5gallon pot so she can stretch and get bushy yet. It's about 24" tall in a 2.5gallon pot since my space was limited But I was able to make another foot of space so I can fit a larger pot in there now. So I may actually try this method a lady told me about but I'm nervous. She said She rinsed off the roots really gentle and carefully and she showed me how she kind of coiled the roots up and brought them up closer to the plant. Then she would put her soil in the pot but not fill it. She put a layer about an inch or so thick of Perlite and wet it really good and she made the roots look nice again and coiled but not intertwined and tangled. She separated as many as she could. Could them up a little and then when she set the plant in the kept the roots at the top nearest to the plant. Set the roots down and she would take as many root ends as she could find and point them in different directions and pointing down kinda She covered the roots with perlite and potting soil and then added her nutrient water and some root stuff she made homeade. And her little 12-24" plants would get really thick and bushy. I mean some of the thickest bushiest plants I've ever seen Have any of you ever heard of Training the roots like that. Is it worth doing? I know you have to place your roots in properly and it helps to have enough room for them the stretch. But she was very.... Umm... Passionate about it. I think it may have been more of the Love she put into the growing too. I think you need to love your plants too. But anyways. Does anyone do stuff with the roots like that? The only thing I ever do is re position the bottom roots to help from twisting and strangling each other but I don't think it's a big deal. I'm just wondering if there is more people out there that do that? Or what things you guys do with roots. Also. Has anyone made any lotions with cannabis plant parts? I was reading somewhere that the roots still hold healing properties that will work for skin issues and stuff. Anyone actually use it for anything like that?

And yes umbra. I totally agree with what you said. I say a lot about my limited space. But I have some nice plants growing in a small RV closet cabinet area They are healthy and doing good I may mention sometimes about the space but honestly I guess it's more about money too with me cus I just can't dish out money to grow right now. But I buy what the plants NEED and I make due with what I got. I'm thankful to have a good place to come and get you guys opinions and methods of how others do things. The ways I do my grows are a bit different but I always like trying others method too. But like you said. It's basically about reading the plant. One reason why i I ask so many questions when I come across something. My opinions and just cus I'm trying to read a plant. Doesn't mean I won't miss something that one of you may catch since I'm just getting back into the hang of things

I have tried in ground and potted side by side. The in the ground always bigger. and in ground are lower . I always have a height problem. So in the ground are 18 inches lower. but pots are ok also. especially if you have to move them.
I made my first gallon of AEM-1 ,it must be spring. a couple of weeks and it's Bokashi making time. the neighbor wants some. He said he wants to plant his tomato's just like I did. dig a hole with post hole digger and fill with pro mix and Bokashi mix. 6 foot tomato's and 15 foot sunflowers. its all sand around me . works well for me.

Hey bozzo or anyone else, do you know a fast growing vine that gets 10 ' tall or so this season?

the poison ivy in the woods behind my house grows pretty fast, rose. probably not what you are looking for though...

LOL oldfogey...not quite.. Might keep the neighbors from peeking over the fence though.

i do have a clematis (pretty sure it is clematis floridas) that engulfs my lamp post and used to engulf the trellis i had it trained to until my wife got sick of the trellis. fills in nicely and has really nice flowers for a good portion of the summer. trained to the right fence or trellis, i could see it going 10' plus in a season...

Yeah that's how I grew tomatoes back home. We would dig Post Holes and putt our mix in of soil and compost fertilizer mix Now tomatoe plants are one thing I am excellent at growing but I grow mine a bit different too. Most steak them up and the grow like plants. I vine mine out and my last tomatoe plant was 10ft long and that was just one branch that vines out in one direction. The others were 6-8ft too. Everyone thought I had a bunch of plants but I had 3 and they went the whole way around my 12'x10' porch at the time I was living in my grandmothers old house and she was a very old time Gardner The whole entire yard was always filled with good top soil and manure every year. And they lived in the house for like 50+yrs. so the soil around the entire house and yard is like really really great to plant in. But with Cannabis I never had good results growing in the ground. Damn. Now I want to start some tomatoes too. Maybe I will grow a garden this year since we have a little room outside now where we moved We live in our RV but there's a lot of space outside that I could plant in pots atleast. Maybe I will grow some veggys

my sunflowers saved me last year. they blocked out my tops from showing

The birds eat the sunflower seeds as soon i plant them.. Great idea, i will try again. the clematis is a good idea... i was thinking some cheap annual vine, but not sure.. i have never grown vines before..honey suckle doesn't grow as fast as i would need. Thanks bozzo.

In da dirty south we got a vine called Kudzu !-- but U don't want it !-- Smothers everything !-- What about Wisteria ?

the clematis i have i bought for $1.50 at lowes hardware about 10 years ago because it was looking half past dead. i see they are pretty expensive. i could see if i can dig a couple of shoot up and see if i can send it to you, rose.

Yeah Keef I was just going to say about these vines in the south It's like GREEN IVY but way bigger leaves. Lol. There's a few different kinds but basically if your worried about any other plants nearby. Not just these southern vines. ANY vine with takin over other plants and choke them out. IF YOU LET THEM. They have his stuff for growing on fences tho. I can't remember the name of it but it's like a grass type feeling vine and it's thick. Really thick. But it is a lot of work to keep a lot of it cus it grows so fast and it can turn brown and ugly very quickly if not taken care of. There's a few of them I'm thinking of but can't remember what they are called. I have to look later when I get home to see if I still have the names of them. Bamboo works nice to hide plants tho. You plant a circle of bamboo. It grows straight up and you can out your plant in the center of it. Even after it gets big the plant blends into the bamboo circle

Got my new LEDs !-- Got the clones I need rooted or rooting !--- I announce the official start of the 2016 grow !-- 6 boxes -- 6 plants each !-- About half T.E. and half B.B. !-- Thinking I should send a couple GG#4 and Bubblicious cuts through to see what they do so I'll know !-- While the cuts root I'm using my bloom to sex in --Strawberry Rhino is slow to show !-- Got a few more plants to sex but the grow has begun !

Threw out my test batch of wine reminded my of Mad Dog 20/20-- Nasty but it was wine !-- Got the yeast in first real batch of fruit wine !--- Blueberry Wine !--- Brewed to pair with a nice Blue Dream or Blueberry Blast! -- Or would I want the wine to contrast with the smoke ? --- What about a coconut wine to pair with Pineapple Chunk weed ? ---

Yeah I've threw out some homeade Mad dog once or twice. Lol. When I was still in high school my friends used to try drinking the Nasty ****. Told them they would end up sick. They wouldn't listen. They Thot it was so tasty. How could this be bad? It taste so good. Lmao. **** was nasty I though. But they learned the hard way what happens when you get plastered on sugar alcohol. Lol.

Beautiful mr cane, when i first started gardening an old lady told me that clematis like their head in the sun and their feet in the shade.

Old fogey, i can get a vine, thank you for the very sweet and kind offer.

Keef... hey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back