is this normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cadlakmike1

Reaction score
my larger fan leafs develop small brown spots and then turn yellow at which time i remove them. the ends are not curling. it's odd that when one leaf develops this problem so does the one directly across from it. for instance if the fifth leaf from the base develops this on the left side of the plant so does the one on the right. i currently have three unsexed plants and tons of new growth daily. very strong and thick main stocks. very bushy. not able to load pics through this computer, sorry. any help or input would be greatly appreciated. also, my ph is near 7.0. 1. How tall are your plants now? 12-16'' 2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? 14"and changed 3. How old are they? almost 4 weeks 4. What strain are they? super skunk 5. Did you start them from seed or clone? seed 6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons? little larger than a gallon WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE? 7. Dirt? yes 8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use? organic happy frog 9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"? yes 10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any? none 11. Hydroponic? no WHAT TYPE OF HYDROPONIC SYSTEM DO YOU USE? 12. Ebb and Flow na 13. NFT na 14. Bubbler/Deep Water na WHAT TYPE OF MEDIA DO YOU USE? 15. Gravel na 16. Hydroton na 17. Rockwool slab na WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTS DO YOU USE? 18. Fluorescent no 19. Halide 400w metal halide conversion during veg 20. HPS will go to 400w hps for flowering 21. Wattage? 400w 22. Ballast, is it digital or analog? not sure 23. Is it remote or in your grow area? remote 24. What nutrients are you feeding your plants? on the full fox farm nutes. currently 2 tbl big bloom 3 tsp grow big 6-4-4 per gallon every other watering HYDROPONIC FERTS? 25. What brand? What mix? What strength? na 26. How often, and when was the last time? na SOIL FERTS? 27. What brand? What strength? What mix? on the full fox farm nutes. currently 2 tbl big bloom 3 tsp grow big 6-4-4 per gallon every other watering 28. How often, and when was the last time? ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS OF THE GROW AREA 29. Do you use ventilation for your indoor grow? small vent 30. If so, what do you use? bathroom fan 31. Do you use a fan? yes 32. What type of fan and where is it pointed? What speed? small oscillating fan at ground level 33. Temperature of the grow area? 70-75f 34. Humidity of the grow area? not sure but fairly dry 35. Is CO2 being introduced? What method? no 36. Do you use Odor Control, (carbon, ionizer, ozone gen)? no 37. Do you use LST? HST? not familiar with this. thank you for you time.

i dont really know if its normal, but my plant is doing exactly the same thing Brown spots....there actually bronze not brown and its on the very tips and sides. I have no idea whats causing it but mine is outdoor i would say its Food/soil issue of some sort it only seemed to happen after i fed my plant Thrive plant food. It seems to have stopped but the leaves still remain bronzed in spots. If anyone has something to add would be appreciated.

1. How tall are your plants now? 12-16. at 4 weeks? is it stretch?

2. How far from the lights are the tops of your plants? Is this a constant distance or have you changed it recently? 14"and changed - should be fine depends on.. stick your arm out if its too hot pull little more up.. got air cooled hood?
3. How old are they? almost 4 weeks - 4 week old and already over a foot? is that stretched?

4. What strain are they? super skunk..-good strain.. but is that grandparent seeds?

5. Did you start them from seed or clone? seed ... - if so.. bag seed huh? grandparent seeds :cool:

6. What type of containers are you using and what size are they in gallons? little larger than a gallon WHAT TYPE OF GROW DO YOU HAVE?
huh? asking us what sizes we have? how about what do you have? from there we can help you...don't worry about experts.. experts want to help too..

7. what kind of dirt you got ? lol

8. What mixture of dirt or type of dirt did you use? organic happy frog

9. Is it a type that has added nutrients like "Miracle Grow"? yes-- well MG nutes? yuck... go and get yourself a nice nutes.. or guano will do... duck's poo will do too.. MG yuck...

10. What mixture of perlite, vermiculite and other additives have you used if any? none -- ahh good water drainage is very important.. so pertile and pea moss will do the job along with your organic soils..

11. Hydroponic? no --of course you said soils...

12. Ebb and Flow na--duh

13. NFT na -- its nutes... like you make your own nutes and save it.. nutes is very important IME..

14. Bubbler/Deep Water na-- duh WHAT TYPE OF MEDIA DO YOU USE?--worry about yours.. thank you for the concerns whatever the media you use..we can help you... until you can help others.. ;)

15. Gravel na la la la
16. Hydroton na duh la duh la

17. Rockwool slab na (sigh) you already told us you using soils.. so what next?

18. WHAT TYPE OF LIGHTS DO YOU USE?..let worry about what you uses..

19. Halide 400w metal halide conversion during veg 20. HPS will go to 400w hps for flowering--not bad..you know what to do... and pay the bills..

I'm try my best to keep going and answer your question.. but again.. look like it don't go anywhere? what are you trying to ask? askin us what we use?

maybe it is good idea if you can ask us what you can do better with your grow like we keep asking everybody what we can do? it is not about how they do.. they keep grow journals here.. you can check it out.. just that if you do have question about YOUR.. just YOUR grow.. it is good question to ask here... but asking us about OUR GROW.. well... we got the grow journal here.. I"m just try to make some point with you.. and see where that can go for you? I"m fine with MINE GROW.. IM fine.. thanks for asking ;)

i was answering all these questions as it was recommended in the thread above mine. "a beginner's guide to asking for help"
i wasn't trying to be a smart ***. i should mention also that they are actually 5 weeks old. i transplanted four weeks ago. no stretch at all, actually very bushy. any help would be greatly appreciated. i try to read all the posts that have been stickied before i post so i apologize if i have caused any confusion. also the seeds came from Amsterdam seed bank so i don't know if they are "grandparent seed" I'm not familiar with this term. thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

can we get pic it will really help for you to get the right info.

pics would help. 7.0 pH is a little high even for soil. You may be locking out P, even Calcium and Magnesium get locked out above 6.9. All of these would point to bronzing starting in the middle of the leaves.

Latest posts

Back