Mites are dead, now what?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blancolighter

Reaction score
Well I had my first bout with spider mites, and dang was that ridiculous in its suckiness. Anyways the mites appear to be dead (knock on wood) but when I check out the leaves with my loupe, I'm pretty sure I see a bunch of eggs. I'm gonna do another treatment in a few days to kill off any remaining mites, but does anyone know how to kill the eggs?

They haven't invented that one yet. You will just have to keep your pest control up for at least the next two weeks.

Bummer, well thanks for looking out! I got my eyes peeled and I'm ready to kill mites with a vengence.

Im not sure if this works, but keeping the room tempature down for the next few days might help as well, just make sure your strain can take it. We had mites for the last 3 weeks of our flower, we lowered the ambient temp to 63, we never saw them spread to the surrounding plants, we assume that is why. Try to keep it dry too, air circulation will help a ton. Maybe notch those fans up to level 3 if they arnt already.

Take Down totally kills eggs and mature mites, but... be careful and don't let it get in the soil or on the buds!!! Ruined a couple trays... my over-helpful son went wild with it. Sure killed all the mites though!!! Next time I'm cutting the strength and covering the soil. I'm going to try to figure out what strength they can actually handle and report back. TakeDown was recommended highly at the grow shop. I'm going back in to talk to them and get more info. A couple of the people that work there said they use it, so I'll find out if they had any problems with deformed plants.
Good luck!
But it sure works for mites, I have to say that! :giggle:

:peace: ette

Ettesun, can you tell me more about these deformations in your plants, think this might have happened to me with my insecticide...

Fox Farms DontBugMe contains pyrethrins, which totally nuked my spider mite problem after a couple applications... I hose the plants down with soap spray reguarly now, and am about to put sand at the top of my soil to make it less attractive to future pests...

If you are pro active about pest control you wont have problems....

Latest posts

Back