Do my new seedlings look healthy?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodymanz

newb
Reaction score
I planted these two weeks ago and they are under 4 4foot flourescent lights. 2 are soft and 2 are cool white 40 watts each. can someone please let me know if they look healthy and i just give them reverse os water at a ph of 5.8 - 6.0.

DSCF0397.JPG

DSCF0394.JPG

DSCF0391.JPG

Judging by the yellowing of the leaves it might be time for some very weak nutes.

They don't appear to be stretching for light so they should be ok for now.

Looks like a nice mix of Indica & Sativa there to me; early days though but i'd bet you have two distinct phenos.

Sorry to disagree, but I doubt that is a nute problem, those seedlings won't be needing nutes for a while yet.
Not enough light, is the problem, I believe.

No need to apologise; the world would be a boring place if we all agreed!

I don't think there is enough light. I've used 4 4 foot 40 watt fluorescent cool white bulbs before and there seemed to be enough light. Try and move those to 2" or less from the tops of those seedlings. Those lights you're using aren't that hot, are they? As long as they don't burn the back of your hand, they shouldn't burn the seedlings.

Is that an inert media they are growing in? They're growing out rather than up which to me would indicate they have sufficient light. Given the size of those leaves they'd be stretched to hell if they had insufficient light. Replace the bulbs with grolux fluros if you can afford them.

what if i put them under a 400 watt mh? and how far should they be from the bulb?

is it too soon to replant into the hydro contraption? I want to but I don't want to shock the plants.

Aaah. Aren't they meant for cloning? If I remember correctly, they have nutes in them, the bit of yellowing may be a bit of nute burn.

Yes well that would explain it Pez if they do have nutes in the rapid rooter.

I was thinking that yellowing could be N def but could also be burn.

Tell me about this hydro contraption woody

The problem is probobally the acidic water. Get the pH of that water closer to 6.5 6.7 ish.

BTW I think those are rapid rooters guys. I start my seedlings in them. They work amazing, but I don't ADD water. Neither does subcool.

a 10 gallon tub with 3 inch net pot 2 bubblers and water OS and nutes and the light is a 400 mh for veg and a 430 hps for bloom.

DSCF0398.JPG

DSCF0400.JPG

DSCF0399.JPG

DSCF0401.JPG

DSCF0402.JPG

i use the rapid rooters for everything,cloning,starting seeds.then into dwc.never had a problem yet with using them in hydro.best product i ever used for everything.super cubes,i call them.i put my seeds in them and place in an octagon shaped old aquarium,keep the soaked,covered with the plastic cover,with the light ON.works 100%

When do you think i should place them in the netpots? At that point they will be under a mh 400 , 2 feet away from the tops. does that sound o.k.
?

Latest posts

Back