help please folks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

parkingjoe

ok my friend growing in an aeroponic system has the following problems.

he mixes the nutes and its say 1.2ec and ph 5.5.

next day the ph drops to 4 yet the ec stays exactly the same.

he keeps adjustin with ph up but it still drops down next day.

any suggestions folks btw his plants are in veg and going into flower in next 2 days and all look healthy.

thanks in advance dudes

pkj

if the plants are ok , i would just flush the system real good and switch to flowering nutes and keep an eye on them

I have an aerojet and have to deal with ph swing everyday. The ph will drop when the plants drink a lot of water, it will also rise when they feed on a lot of nutes. My plants seem to do one or the other, one day they will drink half of my res and my ppm's rise, on other days it seems like thet feed heavier on the nutes and my water level stays the same. Also I believe tap water is harder to stabilize then say distilled or R.O. water.

for the newbies in hydro,on topping off your res,i know its hard to get the ph adjusted to a small amount of water.i use distilled and it starts around 8.0ph.so trying to adjust 1 gallon of water is a btch.so what i do is put 4 gals in a 5 gal bucket and adjust over 2 days to make sure.try to adjust all at once and you are messing up.just try it.adjust the water and let it sit.i do put an airstone in also.then check it the next morning and you will see what i am talking about.this is the easiest way for me.

It is a never ending battle. The more your aerate the water the more it will swing.

Latest posts

Back