Plant size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kylet4411

Reaction score
how big should my plants be before i put them underlights i have 2 400 wat metal halides for the begining stages and 2 400 wat hps bulbs for the flowering.

kylet4411 said:
how big should my plants be before i put them underlights i have 2 400 wat metal halides for the begining stages and 2 400 wat hps bulbs for the flowering.

Nice lighting you should do well with it. If you have hardened off your plants you can put them under the 400 MH as long as the MH are about 3-4 feet above and you have good ventilation. I used to use a 400 MH for my clone, seedlings and mothers...I would put the youngins under when they showed their third set of finger leaves, with the lights up high as the plants grew I lowered the lights until about 12" above the canopy and that would be when they were about 12" tall, then raised the light as needed to keep it 12". When they were then very strong I set the light about 6" and they would burst open with growth. I only switched to HPS for flower and that was dependent on my mood as to when they went in.

Latest posts

Back