Building PVC Greenhouse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_smile: Well it took a few day's working by myself but I finally got it put together. The quality seems pretty good but the directions sucked.

greenhouse resized.jpg

Ill be interested in seeing if you get any attention with that greenhouse. What are you planning on using it for? Are you flowering in it? Or just vegging a bit, then transplanting later in a different location? I really hope this works out for you. Ide love to build something like this, as long as it brings no unwanted attention to my grow.

drft, planning on vegging to flower. I have thought about the attention. My thoughts are better for someone to wonder what I have in the grow house as opposed to growing in the open where they can see what I am growing. I know of several green houses in the area growing only veggies. I'm hoping that's all people think i'm growing. I know it's taking a chance but so is growing in the open.

Looks great ziggy...your dirt looksvery good too...please keep us updated as you grow...cant wait to see it filled with :D..untill then

take care and be safe

4u2sm0ke said:
Looks great ziggy...your dirt looksvery good too...please keep us updated as you grow...cant wait to see it filled with :D..untill then

take care and be safe

4U2 Looks can be deceiving, that soil is hard packed clay and sand. The only reason it look's good is because it was recently tilled. I'm growing in pots this year.

sweet ziggy...what size pots you useing?

4u2sm0ke said:
sweet ziggy...what size pots you useing?

Thanks

I have several 5 gal pot's but would like to move them to 10 gal buckets. Do you know if the 5 gal would be big enough?

Ziggy, hows that greenhouse coming along? Any girls in there yet?

I am building a greenhouse too, I found a company that sells pipes that are made on order, the pipes fit into each others like a puzzle, mine however is much bigger it is 5'20"x50', its shape is like a chapel, the semi-tube is much cheaper almost 1/2 the cost. too bad that my greenhouse it is not intended for marijuana :)

drfting07 said:
Ziggy, hows that greenhouse coming along? Any girls in there yet?

Drift coming along nicely I have 15 going so far. 3 from clones the rest from seed. So who knows at this point how many lady's. Time will tell. I'm just wondering if I should grow them in there the entire season or move them outside when it starts getting hot.

zem said:
I am building a greenhouse too, I found a company that sells pipes that are made on order, the pipes fit into each others like a puzzle, mine however is much bigger it is 5'20"x50', its shape is like a chapel, the semi-tube is much cheaper almost 1/2 the cost. too bad that my greenhouse it is not intended for marijuana :)

Zem, cool do you have a link to this greenhouse?

nouvellechef said:
Looks cool. I would run 8gal airpots in there.

yeah...8-10...but thinkyou will do fine with the 5 gallons:aok:

ziggyross said:
Zem, cool do you have a link to this greenhouse?
they don't do online sales, and I am not in the US, it is basically galvanized pipes that are pre-welded and drilled for installation with all their fittings, I think you would find them online, I will take pics soon

Hey Ziggy, hows that greenhouse doing now that it's june. Is it hot inside, or is there enough vent. to keep a good air flow? I am considering getting one for the winters here in Texas (we do not get many days where the temps are below freezing), and just wanted some more info on it.

Menimeth said:
Hey Ziggy, hows that greenhouse doing now that it's june. Is it hot inside, or is there enough vent. to keep a good air flow? I am considering getting one for the winters here in Texas (we do not get many days where the temps are below freezing), and just wanted some more info on it.

Well temp's have already gotten over 100 in the green house. I am putting a fan in today. So far I have had to just move the plants outside on the hot days. I used to live in several areas of Texas Bay City, Houston, Round Rock, Fort Worth, so I know the weather there. Your temps would be well over 100 most of the year. I think you would almost need a AC unit in Texas. Good Luck

Thanks for the info, I think it will work very well for what I need if the temps are over 100 already.

Update on the green house. We had a thunder storm with 60 to 70 mph winds and rain by the buckets. The green house made it through with flying colors. Still standing and no rips. I am impressed. FYI be careful mowing around the green house I shot a stick through the side. Oooopps

If you want to improve your greenhouse, then you should go to door garden online site because of, they will provide a free instruction about How to build a green house. I hope it helps. It is the most important site.

I'm building one of these PVP greenhouses and I want to do it using thsoe cement blocks with the metal fittings in them for the base.. like the kind that are used on a carport.. Does anyone know where I can find those?

Latest posts

Back