First MP Journal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenthumberish

Mexican...or Mexicant!
Reaction score
Alrighty folks, I've not started a journal on here, and I'd like for my own reasons, to track my progress during my final crop of '09. So here's the list of plants that are alive and well thus far:

1: Second generation Forest Blue, already 6 weeks into 12/12.
2: First generation Forest Blue, already 8 weeks into 12/12
3 and 4: 2 K-2 females, 2 weeks into 12/12
5: unknown indica bagseed, pre-sexxed female and returned to veg and is 15 inches tall, topped and fimmed.
6 unknown indica bagseed, 5 weeks old stil in veg lookin healthy
7 through 17: Unknown bagseeds, not sure if it's sativa, or indica, the seeds were cultivated purposely, instead of the result from hermies, the breeder was stoned when they were donated to the cause, and couldn't remember which they were, and for all intents and purposes, could each be something different knowing the guy. These 10 have just sprouted in the last 2 days, and are in the dirt already and under 24/7 with 8 150watt CFL, in a 1x2x2.5 box, not yet lined with Mylar, or even painted white. However that soon will be remedies (waiting on paycheck).

Pictures to display all of these children will be posted either later tonight, or tomorrow morning, unfortunately I've lost my upload device :eek:

As for the plants already sent into flowering, the room size is 4 deepx5 widex7 clearance, and airconditioned, ventilated, and lighted by a 1000watt HPS that hangs low enough to make it 5' tall instead of 7, an older type, with a rounded uncooled (drats) hood. During lights on the temps have peaked at 94F, and generally stay around 85F(i know, it's a bit hot, but am working on more air conditioning, but summers almost over!). I have the two tallest plants almost directly under the light, however farthest back towards the white brick wall. Then two others are ontop of stands to keep them fairly even with the canopy of the other two. In the pictures that will be apparent. Once the younger plants are old enough to be put into 12/12, I'll keep the large ones farther back, and the new ones closer to the door, in a cascade type effect. Anyway, we'll see if that works. On previous grows i've just had a single crop at a time, instead of different ages, and stages of flowering. Wish me luck!!

Anyway, to continue my long winded entry to this noob journal...

Medium: Fox Farm Ocean Forest,5 gallon bucket mixxed with 3 tablespoons of dolomite lime, and 3 16oz cups of homemade worm castings/compost prior to planting.
I don't feed during veg, cos the dirt is already very ferted
Ferts, flowering: Alaska Morbloom fish fertz, 0-10-10, and i use 1/2 the recomended doseage, so instead of 5ml per gallon(which drops the PH to around 3), i use 2.5ml and re-adjust the PH back upto 6.4
Water: set in a 5 gallon bucket with an airstone for 24 hours, PH adjusted to 6.4 before watering.
PH of water run-off is also 6.4
PH of dirt, i'm guessing must be 6.4 also, however I haven't got the kit to check.

Any other things i need to list i can't remember right now, since I'm medicated. Anyway, I expect my first 2 large plants to be another 8 weeks or so before they're complete, and I will be updating all their growth with pictures, atleast bi-weekly, if not weekly. So again, wish me luck! keep it green

:postpicsworthless:

Well everything sounds good. Some pics would be great, though!! Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Alright, here are the pics...i'll try to atleast organize them after i upload so i can point out which are which....anyway, without further gilding the lillies....the ladies

DSCN2295.JPG

DSCN2294.JPG

DSCN2307.JPG

DSCN2305.JPG

DSCN2314.JPG

Update:
Lastnight i forgot to put the dome back over one of the clones, which withered and died, however the other one in the same pot is still vibrant and looking good....So I suppose it's time to take several more clones, today it will be K-2 on the chopping block. I am going to use Rootone anti-fungal rooting hormone which i've had considerable sucsess with in the past (its generally used on roses and such, though works well with marijuana, and is only $5 at fredmeyers). I'll post pics of the process as soon as I get them taken (the clones). The rest of the babies will be getting watered, again 6.4 PH and airated for 24+ hours.

Planted 8 more beans today, (god am i going to have the space for all these?) However, i'm pretty sure that none of them will pop. 4 of them were WW seeds i had, and i can't remember if i tried to germ them yet. the other 4 were Juicy Fruit seeds that somehow became slightly mouldy, but were still solid enough not to pop when i pinched them. I brushed off the mold (and i'll quarentine them if they sprout to see if they get mouldy) and put 'em straight into some really soggy dirt. We'll see....(i germed them this way, because for these paticular beans, i don't care, i just wanted to see if i could get life out of em)....Anyway, i figure I'll wait a couple more days to post new pics of the rest, so the growth can be seen rather than me taking pics every 5 mins and posting them as *progress* lol...everything else seems to be going well.. the 1 plant that was scraggly and 6 weeks into flower, is showing signs of re-vegging. The guy that gave it to me had it on 10/14, and now it's on 12/12 and seems to be stretching at the top (I also need to feed it badly, it's got a serious nitrogen deficiency - i am going to powder some egg shells and mix it into the top 4 inches of the dirt (after baking them to kill any possibility of mould)

Looking good.. careful with too many.. they can be overwhelming, plus your final outcme won't be as productive if you don't have adequate space. Sometimes..less can be more.

OliieTea said:
Looking good.. careful with too many.. they can be overwhelming, plus your final outcme won't be as productive if you don't have adequate space. Sometimes..less can be more.

I'm just complaining because i'll have to build a new veg box ;) I've got the space...I'm just feeling slightly unmotivated. However, it'll get done one way or another, because I'm not just growing my own medicine anymore, I've got other patients that I'm growing for also. Anyway, here's some new pictures I've got, of the majority of the seedlings and such that are in the seedling room... and 1 plant I pre-sexed and put back into 24/7 light, to try to reveg...so far, no reveg, though it's only been a week, I'm intending to let it get much bigger before flowering it, so that I can clone it a few times, since the plant looks really pretty...

DSCN2326.JPG

DSCN2327.JPG

DSCN2332.JPG

DSCN2334.JPG

DSCN2338.JPG

DSCN2335.JPG

DSCN2336.JPG

DSCN2341.JPG

DSCN2339.JPG

July29th, added mylar to the flowering room....not completely covered, but enough to definately make a huge difference in the light that's being bounced around. Much better definately than the black plastic from the grow tent itself ;) Anyway, still gonna wait a few days to post pics of the flowering ones, that way we can see some progress....just tracking what i do, on which day. happy gardening

Pictures! This is a few pictures of the flowers on the first generation Forrest Blue, I'm pretty sure this is either the beginning of week 8, or the beginning of week 7....either way, she's obviously got a ways to go...This plant is extremely dark green on the fan leaves...I never fed it during veg, and have only gave it 1 small dose of high 0-10-10 fertz after 2 weeks of flowering, and none since. The tips on some of the fan leaves show indication of nute burn, very slight however just the tips, and then some, but not many curl over like rams horns, from an overabundance of nitrogen. (as best as i can tell heh) I'm not going to worry too bad unless the curling gets worse, then I am going to flush with 10 gallons of water, of course ph balanced to suit. Here's the pics!

DSCN2356.JPG

DSCN2354.JPG

DSCN2357.JPG

after looking at the calander, i roughly deduced that we're actually ending week 6, so yeah, starting the 7th week....sadly the colas are only about 1" in diameter, well not including fan leaves, man i hope they dense up some! lol However, we got about a month to go, and alot happens...be patient me! be patient..hehe

Updates to what I've done. Everything has been watered, and is looking good...kinda feeling lazy at the moment, back is acting up and I dont really wanna walk around at all..so pictures to come soon :) The seedlings are progressing well, of course we have the one that's growing the best out of all of 'em, is around 6 inches in diameter already, however only maybe 3 inches tall...sexy lookin tho, am looking forward to them all growing older, so i can eventually kill them ;)

Edit: Just looked in on the 3 clones I took...2 out of 3 had just wilted an fallen, completely limp and pretty much rotted. the 3rd has almost died, but there is still some life in it...I've moved it, dome included to the veg closet to see if it will survive, i doubt it thuroughly though. I'm out of room however, and don't see any point in cloning anymore just yet. we'll see how the seedlings and the 1 clone I've got left turn out...i'm pretty dissapointed, as the cloning method I used was the same as every other time with almost a 100% sucsess ratio...Grrrr

Latest posts

Back