need help diagnosing wilting problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firsttimegrwr

Reaction score
Hey,
A couple of buddies and I just started growing some clones indoors. At first we just had the six of them under two cfls in my friends shower as a temporary solution while we set up a grow box. last night we finished the box and moved them into their new environment at the start of their next 18hr light cycle. This morning when we checked on them a couple of the plants showed serious signs of wilting. with the low amount of light we had them under in the shower they were doing well. the one which showed the biggest degredation was the pure sativa, kananga, which before stood up perfectly straight and now looks as if its not gonna make it. here are some pictures of our set up. were thinking there might be too much light? or not enough ventillation (the pictures dont show it but we have doors that close the box off from the side that the picture was taken)? there are two panels of LED's that you cant see on top of a board about as level as the CFL tracklighting I(there are two cfl track lights with four bulbs a piece), and two more panels on easch side of the box. theres a fan on top of the lights and a small vent fan at about pot level of the plants. we turned off some of teh cfls for now, but i was hoping i could get some insight into what exactly we need to change about our set-up. any help would be very appreciated.

p.s. we are also unsure about how and when to water the plants. we didnt water them last night when we moved them and think that could be part of the problem. what kind of watering cycle should we be on? we live in colorado and its pretty dry out here.

p.p.s. it seems im also having problems attaching pictures so im not sure if this will work. it keeps saying attachment in progress...

yeah the pics arent working, any advice on that too? haha. we used standard potting soil.

DAMN SERVER@!!!!@#E$@#

I just typed so much and It didnt post!!!! AHhhh.

You need to resize your pictures to 1200x1200 pixels or less.

Select picture you want to upload.
Right click picture and click edit.
Go to top menu to IMAGE.
Click attributes.
If size of picture is 3600x3600 then it needs to be reduces by at least 33%
Click stretch/skew.
Make picture smaller than 1200x1200!

:)

Or log onto photobucket.com and upload pics. They are auto resized to 1200pixels. Then you link the picture from photobucket website to manage attachments on marijuanapassion.com. Click upload...done!

Good Luck

If they droop and hang lifless looking and you haven't watered them, it's past time.
water them and they will look great in 2 hours. They like a certain ph, i'm sure that you know that from looking thru the stickies here. You should use water without chlorine if you have some, and add a 3/4 teaspoon of vinegar (5% white vinegar) to gallon of water for now, shake it up well and water them. Look into getting some ph adjuster for later.

Hi

The light's not the problem... CFLs are fine for cloning but they don't need intense lighting for rooting. A cutting placed in a glass of water will root if it's placed in a window that gets indirect sunlight so it doesn't take much. Do they have any kind of a humidity dome over them? If not you'll need to mist them with water from a spray bottle to give the vegetation some life support until roots begin to develop within a few days and they'll start standing up on their own. The soil needs to be kept pretty moist as well for rooting to occur. If you've let it dry out completely they may not survive. Clones in soil need to be babied for a the first 2-3 days and you don't want more than a few leaves on them because the more vegetation it has the harder it is to keep them perky. All cloning methods work but some are less 'needy.' Whether you use soil or root plugs or jiffy pellets or rockwool cubes... the medium needs to be kept moist. To keep them from going south you'll need to mist them every few hours the first day and then you can back off and spray only when you see them *slightly* wilt.

I've cloned in a $30 DIY clone bubbler for about 6-7 years and all I use is tap water and airstones in a 2 gal black bucket with cutouts in the lid for neoprene inserts that I can fit 3 clones in each for a total of 15 clones or more at one time if I crowd them in there. Most strains show roots in 5-7 days and have vigorous rooting and are ready for transplant at 14 days.

Happy Cloning!:cool:

on the server error thing, I highlight and copy what I wrote before trying to post it,that way if I get a server error all i have to do is right click and paste it back.peace.

frankcos said:
on the server error thing, I highlight and copy what I wrote before trying to post it,that way if I get a server error all i have to do is right click and paste it back.peace.

Yup... that's a good tip frankcos... Usually if I get the 'server is too busy' message I can just hit the 'back' button on my browser to go back to the post I typed and then I'll try it again or wait a bit... Copying the text into your buffer is a good failsafe as well though...

Happy MPing!:cool:

thanks for the advice. water did the trick and ill try and work on the pictures to keep those interested posted. how many times should i water them a day? and a gallon with the bit of vinegar for the six plants is a good amount (they are only about six inches tall)?

the middle plank has some leds on it and those doors on the side close. let me know if you think anythingn else needs to be done.

IMG00084.jpg

IMG00085.jpg

Wow Dude...

:headbang2: :headbang2: It looks like a mini ROCK concert in there! :headbang2: :headbang2:

I was waiting for a spot light to hit the clone that is front and center and it would bust out a killer guitar solo! :watchplant:

They look like they're doing fine. Just keep the soil moist for the first few days and then you can back off. I'd add a few oz of water every day or so to the cups until they show growth and then you can let the soil surface dry out more between waterings. I like to use a turkey baster for gentle water delivery I have zero experience with LEDs but just about any amount of light can be used when rooting clones.

Happy Growing!:cool:

OGKushman said:
:)

Or log onto photobucket.com and upload pics. They are auto resized to 1200pixels. Then you link the picture from photobucket website to manage attachments on marijuanapassion.com. Click upload...done!

Good Luck

Photobucket terms of service:
(notice the underlined sentences)
Photobucket reserves the right at all times to disclose, in its sole discretion, any Content as necessary to (a) satisfy any law, regulation, or governmental request or (b) reduce or prevent what Photobucket considers to be, in its sole discretion, a serious or imminent threat to your health or safety, or the health or safety of another. For information regarding Photobucket's handling of your personally identifiable information, refer to the Photobucket Privacy Policy.

Privacy policy:
Photobucket.com may disclose specific contact information when we determine that such disclosure is necessary to comply with law, to cooperate with or seek assistance from law enforcement or to protect the interests or safety of Photobucket.com or other visitors to the site or users of the Services. Also, your contact information may be passed on to a third party in the event of a merger, acquisition, consolidation, divestiture, or a bankruptcy of Photobucket.com.

Photobucket location:
Colorado, United States.
So it is bound to United States Law.

Latest posts

Back