Marijuana Adverse Effects a Myth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@blondlebanese
Thank you. My spelling can get mixed. I'm going to correct that.

I also believe cannabis is a cure all. All the things you might have wrong with you. There is a strain for it. One plant in so many forms can be the one thing in your medicine cabinet. Just how I think.

The only adverse affects I get from weed is when I run out-- it causes me to be bummed out!

how about all the tar it puts in your lungs. have you ever used a tissue as a filter? try it you may be surprised. if your a long time smoker your lungs are not healthy as they should be. i never smoked ciggs but 45 years of pot and i know my lungs are probably black. the memory thing is bad too. imagine yourself all of a sudden realizing that your driving and for a short while not remembering how you got to that point or where your headed to.

how about all the tar it puts in your lungs. have you ever used a tissue as a filter? try it you may be surprised. if your a long time smoker your lungs are not healthy as they should be. i never smoked ciggs but 45 years of pot and i know my lungs are probably black. the memory thing is bad too. imagine yourself all of a sudden realizing that your driving and for a short while not remembering how you got to that point or where your headed to.

I do that sober. Its actually not a bad thing. Its something like an autopilot feature of your brain. You use it when walking without having to look down. Drummers and ALL musicians use the same function to control multitasking with instruments. When you are high, your focus is changed because the thc wakes up parts of your brain (at least it does for me) and allows it to multitask without you consciously thinking about it.... Its kind of like when you walk in and lay something down(like keys) and then cant remember where you laid it because your conscious focus was on something else but your subconscious (multitask unit) mind was laying it down in a specific place. Yu cant remember where it is until the middle of the night when your rem cycle is downloading all of the information from the day, and you bolt upright in bed and say "that's where I put it, damn it!!"

Not to go off subject here but I have learned an interesting phenomenon from playing drums over the last couple years. While playing, I can focus on what I am doing with my right arm and allow my subconscious mind to control my other arm and legs. Then I can change my focus to any of my appendages while in the midst of playing in order to make sure the timing is correct or do some special beat change.

Or I can unfocus from a particular appendage and listen to everything that I am doing together without focusing in on one thing. As I play I can float my focus back and forth as I need for doing breaks or changes. I have found that if I try to focus too much on one thing, I will mess it up :doh:

Sorry, I just burned a nice bowl and my left brain has a buzz :eek: got me thinking all scientific :D

Hush I play the drums and what you are saying is so true, we train on improving coordination between feet and hands. you should try the samba beats

i think thats what transindental meditation trys to achieve. or if your high when your practicing your focusing, your pot becomes your transindental medication.
:) i might try that for a reason to need weed next time i have to renew my license to smoke...freak out the doctor. i'll tell him that when i smoke i can transend to other worlds where unicorns and fairies exist. "i swear doc its real!"

Hush I play the drums and what you are saying is so true, we train on improving coordination between feet and hands. you should try the samba beats

Can you do Bonham's shuffle thing? HP?
lots o' drummers here,
my boy is pretty good, I dabble, great for anger issues :)

You lucky bastids.
I just can't smoke until 4:20 or it ruins my day. Sure, first couple hours are nice but then I'm dragging my *** around all day.

Try sativa you say.... not much difference, I'm still looking for that weed nap a couple hours later.

BUMMER, that and the paranoia are THE ONLY detrimental side effects I experience.

I also think the HEAT from the smoke or vape is *very* bad, I use a VERY long hose on a vaporizer

Still thinking about that bowl.... psychologically addictive.
and I thought of another thing I do (62, smoking hash, pot since 15)
I'll be writing something and I repeat words or phrases, sometimes I repeat words or phrases even in the same sentence.
Bad example but you get the idear.

Zem I will check out the Samba beats. I have mostly just been picking up grooves from songs. I've listened to music all my life and my older brother was an accomplished drummer so I have had the feel for it but only got into it a couple years ago. I can play several songs now :D

Isn't that from Zeppelin? I haven't even tried to learn John Bonham's stuff. He has a very unique sense of time and structure. Plus the old farts that I play with can't handle too complex music, neither can my old lungs. One of the guys wants me to sing. I told him as soon as I learn to breathe through my arse:eek: I will start singing while playing drums.

Still thinking about that bowl.... psychologically addictive.
and I thought of another thing I do (62, smoking hash, pot since 15)
I'll be writing something and I repeat words or phrases, sometimes I repeat words or phrases even in the same sentence.
Bad example but you get the idear.
I think that may have more to do with that #62 than with the smoke. My landlord told me once that he can't hold but 2 thoughts in his head at any given time. If he gets a 3rd thought he'll lose them all.

I think that may have more to do with that #62 than with the smoke. My landlord told me once that he can't hold but 2 thoughts in his head at any given time. If he gets a 3rd thought he'll lose them all.

hahaha exactly, I noticed that today around 2pm.... I didn't partake this morning and still needed that nap.

Zem I will check out the Samba beats. I have mostly just been picking up grooves from songs. I've listened to music all my life and my older brother was an accomplished drummer so I have had the feel for it but only got into it a couple years ago. I can play several songs now :D

Isn't that from Zeppelin? I haven't even tried to learn John Bonham's stuff. He has a very unique sense of time and structure. Plus the old farts that I play with can't handle too complex music, neither can my old lungs. One of the guys wants me to sing. I told him as soon as I learn to breathe through my arse:eek: I will start singing while playing drums.

Ya, he was the band alright. His boy nailed 'good times, bad times' but didn't even come close to the old man, like you say....unique
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohlFjyCE0gA

check out Frank Smith in the comment section re The World's Most Interesting Drummer
9) Countless Rock drummers threw away their sticks after hearing Led Zeppelin's first album in 1969

I spent many nights banging away on a couch....
oh jeeze, that didn't sound right, I meant with drumsticks listening to an old tube radio

I would argue that pot on the contrary might be helpful when quitting other drugs in relieving withdrawal symptoms

Good one. My doc knows I smoke and doesn't approve, wanted to drug me with Prozac instead. Next time I go, I'll say I'm in to it if she prescribes MJ for the withdrawal symptoms.

Sopappy, about that groove, I am steps ahead from training on certain grooves, I played since i was 14 and then i played with bands, one band we played live for 5 years twice every weekend. I went through my early 20s not having a single weekend off. Yes I can play that right now, although it is the first time that i listen to it, but i can apply it and i would not be making an effort to play it, but to make it sound good.
Hushpuppy, the samba beat is that beat which needs a good coordination, like playing 2 separate beats, anyway, I am not into spending too much effort on that, what i can tell you is that the best thing that you can do is play along some music, even better along another musician, but that is not always easy to setup, so try setup some good speakers, muffle the drums accordingly, and try playing along the songs that you like, it also makes it more fun and challenging, you have to listen, get what the drummer is doing, and apply it

I personally am a male lesbian..... I like women :D I have 2 lesbian friends who both think that is funny so no one get offended.:doh:

Pot has been amazingly helpful to me over the last 6 months of the crap Ive been going through. Its not a gateway drug, tobacco, alcohol, and sugar are gateway drugs.

Sugar is the worst drug out there right now and I am more addicted to that than anything.

Poison. Over the past few years, I have made a conscious effort to cut down on sugar and I noticed that now, when I eat a banana, it tastes too sugary.

Zem, its funny that you say "play along" with songs. That is what I have been doing for so many years on the dash and steering wheel of my vehicles :eek: lol

I actually do that for my guys and myself. I have several songs that I like and are easy enough for the guys to lay down something to it. I put my earbuds in and listen to a good jam and play along with them in my head, visualizing the drums and where I need to go. I do this a few times to learn the song and the breaks, then I play it on the drums at home with the earbuds in as that muffles my mistakes until I get it down. Then I play it for the guys who are pretty much doing improv to my drumwork. It makes for some serious noise sometimes but then once they learn my groove the sound begins to get definition to it. We record it so that we can listen to ourselves. Its amazing how good something can sound after 4-6 bowls of flowers :eek:

Reactions: zem
Hi Guys

Myth 1:Stoned driving is as bad as drunk driving
Myth #2: Legalization wouldn’t hurt the drug cartels.
Myth #3: Marijuana causes brain damage.
Myth #4: Pot is addictive.
Myth #5: You know what a pot smoker looks like.

These above are common myths about marijuana.........

Latest posts

Back