sealing lights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dozer42

Reaction score
i was wondering if any one could help me find a product that i can seal up my lights with.

i am running a fan through my 600w to get rid of excess heat. i am tapping into the air ducts and using that air to cool my lights. my problem is the air pushing through my lights gets vented up stairs. i am ok with this but i can have no odor exscaping.

my light came with the glass bottom, but it dose not seal like i want it to. i want some type of product that will seal the glass, that will hold up to the temp with out breaking down, and is removeable so i can replace my bulb.

any ideas?

those look nice but i have already bought my light set up. i bought a sun system light that already has hook ups for 6" duct. what my problem is, the glass insert dose not seal real tight. i am afraid that oder will leak through my light and escape. i am looking for some foamy, stickey stuff that will seal that glass to the hood.

Get some metal tape, the stuff made for ducting and what-not, that's about the only thing that will put up with the heat.

Latest posts

Back