DIY full aeroponics grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hemp Goddess said:
LOL--I wish that Pex would swell to 5 times it's size--I would never have to winterize. Pex will expand some and come back to its normal size, but it will only expand about 10% before it splits and it will only do it a limited number of times and then it loses its elasticity. I have not found polybute to be that brittle--makes me wonder if there is something in the water in different parts of the country that causes this. If polybute and pex are side by side and one splits, the other is liable to, too. CPVC is the material that I have found to be incredibly brittle.

Sorry to have gotten off on a plumbing rant in your thread....

lol believe me, your rant helps. i fixed the leak today, so back to the aeroponics!!! i'm really trying to finish before the week is out. now where is that darn UPS guy

managed to make a little progress today. i cut all the plumbing for the flower room & the cloner. need 4 more elbows for the cloner. gonna glue them together after this, and i'll do a lil mock up of what it will look like

cloner complete and running good pics up in a few

pic 1 - cloner running in the tub. thats a temp container to just show it off. the real res will be a little deeper

pic 2 - sigh, i'm such a lazy bum. i haven't made much progress since the first day. mostly becuase i have to find someone with a serious holesaw kit. 1/2" - 3". i looked one up on the internet. they're like 450$ minimum

aero cloner.jpg

aero flower.jpg

ShOrTbUs said:
pic 1 - cloner running in the tub. thats a temp container to just show it off. the real res will be a little deeper

pic 2 - sigh, i'm such a lazy bum. i haven't made much progress since the first day. mostly becuase i have to find someone with a serious holesaw kit. 1/2" - 3". i looked one up on the internet. they're like 450$ minimum

how many different sized holes are you drilling?? maybe you can use step ups/downs in diameter and minimize the amount of different bits you have to buy. also maybe you can check out pawn shops they always have tools. hell, find a buddy who works in a shop and have him snag them for you for the evening... just don't tell him why lol. looks great can't wait to see the end product!

New2theGame said:
how many different sized holes are you drilling?? maybe you can use step ups/downs in diameter and minimize the amount of different bits you have to buy. also maybe you can check out pawn shops they always have tools. hell, find a buddy who works in a shop and have him snag them for you for the evening... just don't tell him why lol. looks great can't wait to see the end product!

i have to drill...
4 - 3/4" holes
12 - 1" holes
22 - 2" holes
32 - 3" holes

i found that u can buy the pieces seperately. at about 10$ for each size. i guess spending 40$ isn't that big of a deal. if u consider start to finish, i will have spent about 1400$ on the new setup.

man i really shouldn't have started this project in the same week as i harvested. tbh it was just poor time management on my part. but none the less. as well as attemping to finish the new setup this weekend. i will also be diving headfirst into my first attempt at washed cannabutter. gotta go to the store grab some cheesecloth, a widemouth mason jar, and a couple packs of butter:hubba:

yea man i was at lowes and thought of you and took a look you will get out of it under a hundred bucks for sure. and one thing ive learned is a man can never have too many tools lol. always buy what you need you will be glad you did.

so your going to use 3 inch net pots?

yeah, with 3" neoprene lids. i was suprised, they fit very tight and hold a good amount of weight. by the time the plant is too big/heavy for the lid to hold it alone, it wont matter anymore. the roots will have grown in and around the bottom of the net pot, and the plant will stabilize itself

it helps that the clones will be entering flowering when they're only 6-10" tall. i'm going for a kind of sea of green effect. 16 plants in 3x3, no lst, maybe top them once. doubt it though. i'll be happy if each plant produces 1 strong cola

Latest posts

Back