homemade humidifier (test)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShOrTbUs

Reaction score
put a little bit of bread in a bag with cookies and the cookies will stay soft for weeks. regular white sliced bread you buy at a supermarket is 50% water. when a piece is placed in a bag with cookies. the water in the bread will evaporate, and the cookies will aborb it to keep them soft.

1 small piece of 1 slice of bread will keep a hole large freezer bag of cookies soft for atleast 1 week.

i got to thinking. those of us growing in smaller rooms with really low humidity might benefit from this.

so i'm going to hang a whole loaf in a 3x3 room with a hydrometer and see how long it lasts or if it even works. i will report back the results to see if its cost effective.

might be a solution for people on a budget.

Might also be introducin mold spores to yur room as well pilgrem and ifin not well I guess yual got emergancy fixens for those after smoke snack attacks ;)

Good luck with yur experimentin pilgrem.

BWD

I, too am battling low humidity. While I love DIY ideas, I'm not sure that this is one that will work. Even if a loaf of bread is 50% water, a 1 lb loaf will only have 8 ozs of moisture. A grow room is not a sealed bag of cookies--it is a space with an incredible heat source and a breeze blowing all the time. Look at it this way--I use wet (fresh) bud to rehydrate bud that gets too dry. It is about the same with the bread as with the bud in that it only takes a very small amount to rehydrate. I can put a small nug about the size of a quarter into a gallon mason jar and everything is nice and hydrated again. It only works because the cookies and the gal jar with the dry nugs are sealed. I am guessing that a loaf of bread will dry out completely in a matter of hours. I really think that you would be just as well off or maybe better using sponges or standing water.

Even in my 2 x 4 space, 4 vegging plants in 3 gal pots under 400W of HPS (have the 600 turned down because of heat and humidity) are sucking up almost a gal of water a day. They are watered with about 1/2 to 3/4 gal til run off and another quart or so is put into the overflow trays. Rarely do I have standing water 12 hours later. I worry about bugs just with standing water around, but would worry more if I had food stuffs in my grow space.

Just wondering? I veg in 18-24% humidity without issue, is low humidity causing you guys issues?

Its just my ways but I run 50-60 in my room constant from veg to finish never had problem I do try and run at 50% is were I aim to be but it does spike to 60 time and gain. Good luck yur grows pilgrems

BWD

Mine is getting down to 10% sometimes and that together with heat is an issue for me. I would be thrilled with 24% right now....

10% be mighty dry I reckon thats fur sure. How have yual been doin tryin to bring it up THG i knows yual been askin in other threads. Yual havin any success in raisin it?

BWD

ahh i didn't take into account all the air exchange that happens...ohh well.

honestly i wasn't too worried about mold, this would have been an application for people who had very low humidity, like thg. the bread will dry out before it ever molds.

Probably right but still gots to wonder what else yual be attracten me personaly I leave food on the table in me kitchen and plants on me table in me grow room.

BWD

Latest posts

Back