GTG's 2 Tent Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GreenTheGiant

Reaction score
What's up everyone

I guess I'll start with a little background, I'm new to MP but not to growing. I have been growing for quit a while and have always built most of my grow spaces myself, a lot of diy and all that. My grow spaces were usually pretty small, 600w or under, mostly cabs and homemade tents. Im just growing for myself so I didn't need a huge setup, but lately I really wanted to start out new and buy myself the setup i have always tryed to reproduce. So for the new year I did just that and because I'm not spending all this time building and reworking a grow space I have lots of free time, so I figured I'd become part of forum and share my experiences.

My main goal for this diary is to be just a straight forward record from seed to flower in my 2 new grow spaces. I enjoy taking picture so I should have quite a few as things start growing. I'm more then open to questions and comments so feel free.

Now for the good stuff, the actual grow.

The Big Tent
7x4x10 (HxWxL) in feet
2 600w mh/hps with cool tube's
5 fem Master Kush
Sunshine mix #4
Fox Farms fertilizer

The Small Tent
6x2x4 (HxWxL) in feet
400w mh/ hps with cool tube
5 fem Bubbulicious autoflower
Sunshine mix #4
Fox Farms fertilizer

So there's the breakdown of the whole thing and I'll post a couple pics just for fun of my Lil seedlings, thanks in advance for stopping in.

View attachment IMG_20160118_125319.jpg

View attachment IMG_20160118_125325.jpg

View attachment IMG_20160118_125359.jpg

View attachment IMG_20160118_125405.jpg

Welcome to MP GTG! It is nice to see your activity

I do have some concerns over only 1200W in 40 sq ft. Have you grown in this large of space before with that small amount of light?

Welcome to MP, glad you could join us. It will be fun to watch.. greenest of mojo for your grow.

Are you using HPS from start to finish on the auto's?
Green mojo for your grow! :48:

think those pots are making em look smaller, maybe just me. good luck

Thanx for the warm welcome MP!
Lots of great questions by the way! I myself wonderd about the lights and the size of the tent, i do have a 250w t5 fixture that i was going to use for some side lighting if needed, but i am also only growing 5 plants so i planed on just pushing the lights closer together and cutting off like 3 feet with some reflective film i have. Although do you think i could squeez 2 1000w lights into the space? Might be a good upgrade further down the road.
Oh and yes i am going to use hps all the way through the grow on my auto flowers. I have grown them a couple times and have tryed both mh and hps all the way through also mh for part then hps for the rest, and in my trials, i found hps all the way through is best for the auto flowers.

Again thanx for the feedback pix to come

P.s. the ppots are quit big, im not a fan of repotting and it dosnt seem to effect growth any imo lol

If you're talking about the 4 x 8 tent with two 1000's, why not go with three 600's and turn them 45 degree's. That way you only have to invest in one more light and a little more ducting. Have you tried using T5's for the first couple of weeks with your auto's? I just did a T5 auto grow start to finish and with the T5 right on top of them the veg growth was amazing.(thread in autoflower forum in case you want to check it out).
Green Mojo! :48:

Alright, so its been a week and as luck would have it I still have 10 plants lol. The master kush seem to be growing a little better than the autos, but I think the 400 w tent just needs some more airflow, I don't think they are drying out as much between watering. Just some minor adjustments to make to a new space.
Just started feeding the plants some grow big and they seem to like it quit a bit, here are the pic I promised hope u enjoy

GTG

View attachment IMG_20160126_162946.jpg

View attachment IMG_20160126_162954.jpg

View attachment IMG_20160126_163005.jpg

View attachment IMG_20160126_163011.jpg

Latest posts

Back