2nd Grow with 1 of the "best", and one of the "oldest"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Junior Grower
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
If you are reading this GJ then I guess I caught your attention. This will be grow #2 for Jman. His first was, or still is a bagseed project to iron out the kinks. It turned in to some really good smoke (pics are below). Now on to my current endeavor. When I originally purchased my current beans, I was immediately drawn into the Widow's web:hubba: . So she will be my first choice 4xWW. I was also caught up in the aura of weed from the mountains of the Mideast. So Hindu Kush is my second choice 4XHK:D . Here are the specifics!!!

Nirvana's WW X 4
Nirvana's HK X 4

Sowed in FFLW on 03/31/09

Sprouted on 04/04/2009 all within 12 hours of each other. Used a propogation mat for heat.

Kept them under 4 ft. verilux flouros for in 16 oz. solo cups for 10 days

Temps-72 to 75 F

RH-40 to 50 %

04/14/2009 transplanted from cups to 1 gal pots

WW into 2/3 FFOF 1/3 FFLW

HK into 100% FFOF

kept them under flouros until 04/22/2009 same temps and RH

After transplant into FFOF seedlings expeirienced some minor soil shock, and all but one have recovered nicely(pic below middle). Any opinions on her illness is cool. I just think she is just not as pretty as her siblings.

So on 04/22/2009 my ladies were introduced to their new digs..............

34"x34"x55"h mylar lined with a 400 watt MH and they love it:eek:

Temps 78 to 79 F

RH 65%

Three fans for circulation

They will be transplanted in 1 week into 3 gal pots, and flowered in a 5' X3'X6'h grow box under 2X 400watt HPS. Using FF nutes all the way...

So with out Further adu..........:holysheep:

GJ 001.jpg

GJ 002.jpg

sounds good, cant wait to see ur chicks, r thos pic of this grow now?

Yes these are my ladies, pic on the right looks a little sick

Well time for an update. Pics will follow later (after nite-nite). Started with 4 ww and 4 Hindu Kush. The verdict is in and I now have 2 WW and 4 HK girls. Excellent smithers:hubba: The deformed plant in the picture above kept growing the same, and then grew balls so. SEE YA DUDE. The other male was by far the tallest of all of them. Anyway started flowering under 400w hps X2 Actually i took them from MH light 1 week ago and put them under 18/6 HPS. So in the morning they will take a long nap for 1st time. Very bushy plant development happened under the mh and I'm happy about that. WW are the tallest ones. Topped them at 4 weeks, and they are pretty bushy, but not as bushy as the kush plants.1 Plant in particular is extremely well developed. I will shot the plants individually 2-nite.:hubba:

Here are the pics. Upon further reveiw(could be the smoke) I beleive its not a definate on the sex of two kush plants.Might be wolves in sheeps clothing(boys). A few days should tell. WW are first 2 pics, the rest are Kush.....

Gj 2 006.jpg

Gj 2 001.jpg

Well this journal is not getting alot of responses, but update.
My suspicions are right I now have 2 WW females and 2 Hindu Kush Females. Couldn't have worked out any better. I have 2 destinctively different plant types of both strains. One of my Kush is very , very bushy. 15 side shoots within 3 inches of top. Awesome plant. Pics available if anyone is interested.:hubba:

yep, i like to think of it as even if i can
get that one, gorgeous healthy girl itll all
be worth it

OK I kinda thought that I would have this issue. I beleive it is a N issue. So I made a little Bat Guano tea. Mixed 1/4 cup to 1 gal of water. and let it sit for 24 hours. The N value of the guano is 10. Fed with this tea 2 hours ago. A little help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

problems with N 001.jpg

problems with N 002.jpg

My girls are all starting to tell me something. What could it be?

fffffff 006.jpg

fffffff 007.jpg

fffffff 008.jpg

ph 6.4, nutes FF BB and TB
BB full strength
TB 1/2 strength ramping it up to full
fert everyother watering which is every 3 days

they look fine to me, they tend too burn off fan leaves as they go. is your ph and all ok? :watchplant:

To much water? They get pretty dry between waterings...

I think you are talking about the first set of pics. I was watering every 4 day and they really started to dry out. After that pic I watered and they perked right up. This is my second grow, and the first set didn't start burning fan leaves until about 5 weeks flowering. These are only in flower for 2 1/2 weeks. I think I might be underfeeding.

We fine.. but need a bigger pot. The water in this little tiny thing is choking us. The lower leaf lack of nitrogen yellowing is good .. don't fertilize me anymore for now. TRANSPLANT ME!

funny you say dat, I just transplanted after the pics

Latest posts

Back