Satori Comparison Grow - Organic vs. Soilless/Synthetic

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 57 Update

I watered the plants last night. They have completely filled the 32" x 32" veg tent. And it's still another week before the flowering closet will be available.

I think the plants are now too big for all of them to flower in the 3.5' x 3.5' flowering closet. So I've decided to keep one of the organic plants in veg for a mother plant. I'll flower the other organic plant and the AN plant. The organic plants are pretty much identical.

Below is a pic of the organic plant (on the left) and the AN plant.

http://marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=230168&stc=1&d=1441928178

View attachment 002.jpg

A few days ago, I wondered if maybe I should sometimes give the AN plant only water (no nutes). So I submitted a question to AN Grower Support on their web site, and their reply was this:

We recommend feeding your plants aggressively, feed every time that they are dry, and monitor for symptoms of over feeding (yellow tips) or lock out (yellow/brown serrated edges, inter veins, curling up on the side of the leaves), if these symptoms develop give them just water the next time that they are dry.

Whats up HC420?

Hope your well.

Bearing in mind, they (AN) do like to sell their product,.....I have never fed more often than every other watering on 'any' crops.

I am a fan of:
water - feed - water - feed - water - feed, and so on...
Always watering with enough to provide 10-20% run-off.
These rules I follow only for synthetic feedings/grows, not organic soil grows.

Your Satoris all look great, and even though the salty girl looks bigger and fuller, I still have a soft spot for the 2 organic ladies.

Thank you for all of your postings thus far.

Watching till the end.

cheers ~

:48:

By the way, I bought and installed a brand new Hortilux 600-watt Super HPS bulb for the flowering cycle of this grow.

Is it just the way the light hits it or is th an plant more shiny on the leaves??

I'm following the AN-suggested feeding schedule for my AN plant (feeding at 100% suggested strength). The AN feeding schedule for weeks 1 and 2 of the bloom phase is:

4 milliliters per liter Bloom A
4 milliliters per liter Bloom B
2 milliliters per liter VooDoo Juice (for root enhancement)

I watered the plants last night.

I noticed the slightest hint of nute burn on the AN plant. So I took AN's advice and gave it just plain water (and lots of it) this watering. No nutes. I had been feeding at 100% suggested nute strength every watering.

The organic plant shows no signs of stress.

For the remainder of flowering, I'll post pics at the end of each week. Tomorrow is the end of week 2, so I'll post a pic tomorrow night.

Current AN feeding schedule

4 milliliters per liter Connoisseur Bloom A
4 milliliters per liter Connoisseur Bloom B
2 milliliters per liter B-52
2 milliliters per liter Big Bud

Thank you for taking the time to run this experiment HC420. Are there differences in scent at this point in the grow?

Thank you for taking the time to run this experiment HC420. Are there differences in scent at this point in the grow?

I'll post more pics tonight.

The AN plant is significantly bigger than the organic plant, in terms of height and stem thickness. But the organic plant is doing very well.

I spent a few minutes today sampling the bud aromas of the two plants. I also compared stickiness between my fingers after touching a couple fan leaves from each plant.

The plants have similarly strong bud aromas, with the organic plant maybe slightly stronger. The AN plant won the comparison of stickiness and aroma from my fingers after I touched a couple fan leaves on each plant.

A lot of people say that organic bud tastes better than non-organic bud. I can't really say, as I've never liked the taste or smell of burning marijuana. I only smoke it for the feeling. Although I absolutely love the skunky smell of flowering marijuana.

Latest posts

Back