Like the name says....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most likely NOT under the limit size. I always have to resize pics before I can post them.

So I think I figured it out on the resizing. Here are some pictures of the 6 plants, these are from last week or the week before. I will go ahead and take some new photos later today.

As for watering, I am using about 1.5 to 2 gallons of filtered water. Is that enough for 6 plants daily? I know I will be using more water when they are larger, but I don't know if the leaves are a little droopy due to over or under watering.

Thanks again guys, I appreciate the input.

View attachment rsz_gsc_1.jpg

View attachment rsz_gsc_2.jpg

View attachment rsz_1gsc_3.jpg

View attachment rsz_superman_og_1.jpg

View attachment rsz_superman_og_2.jpg

View attachment rsz_superman_og_3.jpg

Another update:

Went out and measured the plants today and took some pictures. The first 3 are Girl Scout Cookies, the other 3 are Superman OG.
One of the Superman OGs have little white hairs, like its flowering or something? I have included a photo of that as well. Hope not though.

View attachment rsz_1gsc1.jpg

View attachment rsz_1gsc2.jpg

View attachment rsz_gsc3.jpg

View attachment rsz_1sm_og1.jpg

View attachment rsz_sm_og2.jpg

View attachment rsz_sm_og_3.jpg

View attachment rsz_white_hairs.jpg

Do you have holes in the bottom of those buckets? you don't have to measure your water, just water well until it runs out the bottom and then wait until it is very dry to water again. If you want to grow the dank, you need good soil, and good lights and good air. your plants do not look happy.

I am going to go back and reread all your posts on this thread. As Rosebud says, your plants do not look happy--let's see if we can figure out why.

Yeah they dont look happy.
My guess is going to be under watering. I do have holes in the buckets, so today I will water until I get a little run off. I am hoping that will help. I have not been watering them until they run off :/

I am using a coco coir and perlite with some worm casings and some fish meal. I am using Advanced nutrients mixed in with my filtered water.

After watering I will take more detailed pictures of each plant for you to look at.

Thank you Goddess and Rosebud

If you can afford to get yourself some3-5 gallon smart pots and fox farm ocean forest soil we can turn that around fast. After you do that we can talk topping and other things.

Not that I don't trust your advice, but why do I have to replace my current set up with new buckets and soil?
I know my current are only 2 gallon, should I really try and get 5 gallon buckets? I don't think I can fit all of them inside the tent in those size.

I watered until runoff earlier after posting. Will take pics in the am when I check on them.

The tent size again is 2'x2'x5' I believe.

I have a Blue Dream from a local grower that is reputable, but do not know if it is really feminized or not.
Do I just start over with just that one in a large pot?
Why soil over coco with mixtures?
I would like to save the plants for now if possible, and would like to keep costs as low as I can. I do need to purchase the 4' flowering lights. Any suggestions on those, I know I searched here and I think it was 1000bulbs or something like that.

Thanks again my fellow lovers of the green.

Not that I don't trust your advice, but why do I have to replace my current set up with new buckets and soil?

because your plants are suffering.

They look mighty thirsty to me. You should be able to tell by the weight of your buckets if they need water. Pick them up when they are dry and see how light they are,,,after watering pick them up again and feel the weight,,,catch my drift?

After watering yesterday morning, they look a little better. Buckets are still a little heavy, will definitely keep them with more water. I think I will give them a couple days with more water and see if that helps. If not, then I guess I'll try and get some different buckets and soil.

More water is not necessary Little Brother. They also need to dry and pull in oxygen. You dont want them to stay wet either or they will dround. Once you water till runoff,,let them get almost dry again ( bucket is light) and then water. Over watering is as bad as under watering.

Update: so I went and checked on the plants this morning. The leaves are still droopy. Still have water in them, so I will hold on watering. They get fresh air in and air is being pulled out, maybe not enough.

If no better by monday, maybe buy some new buckets and soil.

Before you repot, let's make sure tha there are not other problems that would carry over to another medium. What is in your soil mix? Be specific. What are you feeding them, how often, and how much? Are you pHing the solution and water? Do you let it sit out to let the chlorine dissolve? Have you checked the PPMs?Are there drainage holes in the buckets? They are also stretching quite a bit. How far away is the T5 from the canopy?

So I will try and list what I have going on.

The pots are 2 gallon, hole drilled for drainage. A mixture of perlite and coco coir and worm castings.

They receive water with 3 nutrients:
advanced nutrients piranha liquid microbial
advanced nutrients tarantula
advanced nutrients voodoo juice

I do also have advanced nutrients bud candy but have not used that until flowering.

I use a 2 gallon pot to mix the nutrients in. I believe its about 10ml or so that have been going in. They received all three for the past 2 weeks. I have watered them every day or other day, but since I watered them last where there was run off, I havent needed to water until today. And I only did 1 gallon.

I am not pHing the solution or water. I use water from a 5 gallon that I fill up at the grocery store. What do you mean by let the chlorine dissolve? I have not done that....

I just did some googling on what PPM is. I will need to pick up a reader for that as well as a pH tester. I do have a moisture/light/pH tester. I only have used it to test the coco to see how dry it is. I am not sure how the ph works on it. I guess I clean it off then put it to that mode and put it in the water/solution?

The tent has 2 sets of lights in it. One light is a four foot tall T5 8 bulb unit. that is standing straight up on the back side. Then i have a two food tall 4 bulb unit. That one is about 4 inches or so from the plants hanging straight down. It was at the top before, but I lowered it a few days ago.

Anything else I can add?

Thank you Goddess

I am thinking that your plants are hungry. The AN products that you are feeding the plants appear to be basically root enhancers/soil inoculants and not nutrients? While the worm casting have some nutrients, the coco and the perlite are inert.

If you are getting bottled water, it is probably okay. Chlorine is added to most municipal water supplies. While plants need minute amounts of chlorine, too much can play havoc with your plants and cause death to microbes in organic grows. Chlorine will evaporate out if left to sit our for 24 hours or so. Bubbling the water hastens the process.

If you plan on growing organic, pHing your solution is generally not an issue, especially if you are using bottled water.

I am thinking that your plants are hungry. The AN products that you are feeding the plants appear to be basically root enhancers/soil inoculants and not nutrients? While the worm casting have some nutrients, the coco and the perlite are inert.

If you are getting bottled water, it is probably okay. Chlorine is added to most municipal water supplies. While plants need minute amounts of chlorine, too much can play havoc with your plants and cause death to microbes in organic grows. Chlorine will evaporate out if left to sit our for 24 hours or so. Bubbling the water hastens the process.

If you plan on growing organic, pHing your solution is generally not an issue, especially if you are using bottled water.

hmm thank you Goddess. That does make sense.

I went and got some nutrients today, Its an A and B solution. It is from General Hydroponics and is for Coco.

I will test that out tonight, the plants are still wet from the first pour that drained. So I will use 2 gallons to spread across the plants.

Thank you again, I really appreciate it. Today is measure day, so hopefully tonight I will have time to measure them.

Please, please do not buy General Hydroponic products again. They have sold out (and I do mean sold out) to Scott's. Scott's, Miracle Grow, and Monsanto are all in bed together. Monsanto is slowly and systematically poisoning the earth and the people on it and don't care as long as they continue to make a buck. GMO foods are basically created to counteract the effects of Roundup, which poisons the ground.

Do not water until they need to be watered. Being too wet is as bad as being too dry.

Why are you measuring them? The height of the plant tells you nothing about the health/well being of the plant. In fact, when they are stretched, it is more an indication of not healthy.

By the way,,did you say you drilled ONE HOLE? That may not be enough to drain properly. I have never been able to grow plants in a container with one drain hole. Stays to wet to long.

Latest posts

Back