How Medical Marijuana Is Helpful in Treating Alcohol Addiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can go to jail for a dirty pipe !-- I was a legal morphine addict for most of a decade !--I fell --shattered my face and bulged some disc in my neck!-- I now grow and make my own medicine (cannacaps) under threat of jail ! -- Enjoy your freedom !

I have had several friends that have used cannabis is quit alcohol.

While it is nice if you live in an area that has legal medical or recreational marijuana, when I knew the people that used cannabis to quit drinking, we were in an illegal state and we all used cannabis illegally. Like Keef, I could have gone to jail for a dirty pipe. I still recommend cannabis....just be really careful. I moved to Oregon a little over 2 years ago and it is one of the best moves I ever made. Funny how a move of 100 miles can be the difference between being a felon and being legal. Also, f you live in a state that has legal recreational marijuana, you do not need a medical card to access marijuana legally.

Keef, I keep hoping to see a change on the federal level, but unfortunately, states like Texas and Idaho may be a long ways from legalizing it. I'll keep hoping for you and others in illegal states.

Medical marijuana has a lot of anecdotal evidence suggesting it helps everything from glaucoma, inflammation, rheumatoid arthritis, to cancer, to name a few. However, the scientific-based evidence is slowly coming together to divide the real medicinal effects versus hearsay. For example, scientists have demonstrated a role for medical marijuana in treating opioid addiction. On the other hand, medical marijuana has called into question its claims to aid in autism; whether it can lead to addiction; and whether it can cure cancer.

It is the first time I've heard that marijuana helps fight alcohol addiction. Maybe the use of drugs dulls the desire to drink. On the other hand, you develop a new addiction. I don't think that's the best way to stop drinking. The worst part is being addicted to both alcohol and drugs. I lived in a neighborhood with many alcoholics and drug addicts for a few months. It's scary to watch people who have no reason to live. Only alcohol, weed, and drugs make them happy. If you get substance abuse treatment in time, you can have a very different destiny.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back