Plant looking little sad, suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MeNtAlPaTiEnT

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals! Back again with some questions.

Recently got a new tent and all that jazz so I'm pretty stoked!

My one lady been looking kinda sad (the one on the right). Don't worry about the gal on the left, I have her going through some sexy lst atm :). Going from the pictures I've provided does she look like she's exhibiting the standard rootbound appearance? Some red stems also. She's currently in a 7 gallon pot and has been in there for a month and half under constant hps light. I just watered her, but the pot was indeed pretty light. She's got thin long leaves where the new growth is.

ALSO: If anyone has any experience with a lux meter, I set mine to 10x. Does this mean I multiply whatever reading I'm getting by 10x and thats how many lux the receiver is getting? The instructions don't give me this sort of info unfortunately. Ive read that 20,000 to 25,000 is pretty ideal. If this is the case then my lux are way low! Is it actually lumens that my meter is showing me?

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

View attachment IMG_7663.jpg

View attachment IMG_7668.jpg

View attachment IMG_7669.jpg

I’m betting that is exactly what you need to do is multiply by whatever the setting tells you. That’s how my ppm meter works.
I’m a rank amateur but that girl looks thirsty to me...

I’m betting that is exactly what you need to do is multiply by whatever the setting tells you. That’s how my ppm meter works.
I’m a rank amateur but that girl looks thirsty to me...
Thank you for your input. If this is the case with the lux meter then that puts me at about 7 thousand and 80 lux. At the threshold for "min amount for growth". :vap_smiley:

I did stress all the plants in the pictures early on with too much light, and or cold temps. I'm more used to 100% indica strains. I think this one is a bit more finicky? She's a 707 Headband. Watered her with store bought spring water, added some pure blend pro and some myco product. I think she was running out of nutes that was in the soil. Added some epsom salt also. I watered her 4 hours before the pictures. Willing to bet she'd love a transplant. I seem to run into weird plant problems after LST'ing them and opening them up. Anyone else notice this or am I just crazy? That or my 'made in China' tent is outgassing. heheh

If she is in a 7 gallon pot, I doubt she needs a transplant. You should be able to grow a 5 or 6' tall plant in 7 gallons. I also believe that she could be running out of food. Even with super soil, I supplement my girls with teas. Do you think adding myco with chemical fertilizers does any good?

Thanks for the reply THG! I too believe she was running out of food. Silly me, I shoulda been on this! This is my first grow after a two year hiatus, gotta get warmed up again I guess.

Anyways, guess she just was thirsty and took a while to perk back up. She's looking fabulous! Wish I knew how to work this darn DSLR camera and get rid of the orange glow from the image.

View attachment IMG_7693.jpg

Lol, I wish there was a "false alarm!!!" emoticon. I'd be waving it around feeling like an idiot. ugh :). Hopefully some information can be gleaned from this thread, haha.

Thanks for the reply THG! I too believe she was running out of food. Silly me, I shoulda been on this! This is my first grow after a two year hiatus, gotta get warmed up again I guess.

Anyways, guess she just was thirsty and took a while to perk back up. She's looking fabulous! Wish I knew how to work this darn DSLR camera and get rid of the orange glow from the image.

I use a Method Seven filter. Easy enough to use Method Seven glasses with your cell phone.

Do you know any teenagers nearby? just give them the camera and tell them what you want it to do. come back in 10 minutes and they will have it all figured out for you. :eek:

Yer plants were looking droopy in the first set of pics, but the second set of pics, they look fine. I think they are just getting dry faster. You have to remember, as that canopy gets bigger, they will drink more water. I have 3 plants right now that drink easily a gallon a night. As the canopy doubled in size, the water intake doubled.

Very much indeed hushpuppy. Thanks for the words of wisdom.

They are looking fantastic after even more lst and watering on time. I'm wondering if its time to flip. hmm.. It recently got super warm and the snow started melting and I collected at least 50 gallons of snow melt from the gutter. Stuff is crystal clear and I've been giving it to the ladies the past week. One thing I noticed is that the melt water is super susceptible to ph change. I added a tiny bit of citric acid to lower ph and it lowered the entire ph of a 5 gallon bucket much more than standard tap water. Super happy ladies! Still keeping the ballast dialed down to 75%. I'm afraid to give em the full blast!

That water will be susceptible to wild pH fluxuations because it has nearly nothing in it but H2O. Not to worry though. Even the tiniest bit of pH buffer will make pure (or almost pure) water do that. If you add nutes to water first, it will make the pH stabilize easier as the buffer will not be the only chemicals in the water.

I usually like to get my plants about 14"-20" tall before flowering, depending on the strain and how much it stretches in flower. I also like to top/fim until I get about 12 main branches before flowering.

Thanks for the tips hush! Don't even need my PH down citric acid anymore. Little bit of liquid kelp brings it down to the sweet spot. Yup, I think it's getting to that time to flip. Been 2 months of veg, trying to make a nice canopy out of 3 plants. Funny thing is I only topped once at about 3-4 weeks veg and have so many tops... Maybe I should top my tops one more time before flower. Hmm.

Latest posts

Back