slow plants early on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern1337s

Reaction score
hey, its been about 7 days from when my plants first broke the soil. They began to shoot up for about a day till they were about 2 inches high and now they are only about 2 and a half. I dont know why they are slow. Also one still only has one pair of leaves and one has two but they are right on top of each other. I dont know if they need more light ( i have them under one grow 40 watt flourescent tube and 2 15 watt cool white flouros about 2 inches away). I watered them about every two days with a some water not two much but it does dry out again in about 2 days. At first I stupidly used nutes at like 1/8 but stopped 3 days ago. I dont know if this is normal or what.... info appreciated

dude, i got the same shit going on with my plants! Lol, like it stunted or something, right? Im clueless, too.

The plant during its growth period will go through growth spurts. looks like nothing then bam it takes off again.
Another factor would be your pot size. for every 1' of ht. you need at least 1 gallon of pot size. by flower you would want to be in a 5 gallon pot. This will prevent rootbound which will stunt the growth.

thanks maybe ill transplant them in a couple of days or something depending on their growth

yea my little babies have shot up. I guess it is a growth spurt. thanks guys oh yea plus i flushed them yesterday so maybe SMOKEY that will help you.

hey

yeah man, mine just started having leaves come outta nowhere, looks bushy to me too. Btw, i couldnt flush it cause i wasnt using any nutes or anything, lol. We shall see!

ok ok I have a new problem! yay! Some of the leaves on my plants (the middle ones) are beginning to curl. The new growth coming in looks healthy but the leaves underneath are curling basicly shriveling. They are pretty young plants only about 4 or 5 inches high and about 3 weeks old. I'm confused badly so help is apreciated.

Northern1337s said:
ok ok I have a new problem! yay! Some of the leaves on my plants (the middle ones) are beginning to curl. The new growth coming in looks healthy but the leaves underneath are curling basicly shriveling. They are pretty young plants only about 4 or 5 inches high and about 3 weeks old. I'm confused badly so help is apreciated.
At that height, the plants are still babies. They will react very fast to everything.

You're not overwatering are you? How do you decide when and how much to water the plants?

I had to flush them recently so that might be it. But now I'm only watering every 3 or 4 days.

Latest posts

Back