lady bug larva, my favorite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Rosebud

We had a big tree pruned last week. A day later we had probably 50 lady bug larva on the garage door. I did the happy dance i always do when I see them, but this time brought a couple in and stuck them in the grow room.

Here is a pic of the larva...They look like little alligators with orange on them.

DSCF1580.JPG

This is what I saw this morning. The good news is they lived, the bad news is they must be eating something in there:eek:

I love lady bugs.DSCF1575.JPG

It's nice to know they will survive in the house in case you need to release some for preditors.
Hopefully they're munching on any number of bugs that linger indoors when the weather changes.
I wonder if you can get them to breed? Maybe a little wine, some Barry White.....:hubba:

Barry white,,,,now that is funny right there Cubby. I don't think they need wine, we got cannabis...

cubby said:
I wonder if you can get them to breed? Maybe a little wine, some Barry White.....:hubba:

:spit:

Rosebud, I love ladybugs too. I didn't know what the larva looked like, thanks. I do not put them in my growroom though. I put ladybuds in my growroom one time. However, after I cured and broke the buds apart, I found dead ladybugs in the buds. I have not put ladybugs in my growroom since.

Rosebud said:
Barry white,,,,now that is funny right there Cubby. I don't think they need wine, we got cannabis...

:banana: Bowchickawowow...........

Hi Rose- How ya been?

Hopefully they aren't these:
hXXp://www.geology.wisc.edu/courses/g115/projects03/amswenson/AsianLadyBeetle.htm

End up with a houseful, especially when things warm up. I usually get them on the exterior of the house when we get a warm spell.

Well hi BBFan, where have you been? So very nice to see you.

I think you are right and they are the asian kind.
They are more orange then red and I don't know about the fake blood, that is weird. All the larva is gone and I haven't seen the bugs. But, I have never seen real lady bugs reproduce in the winter before this year. I really do think your right.
I am still happy to see them in the yard, that is fantastic. I won't bring them in the house though. :~)

Don't stay away so long.

Thanks Rose. Had dreams about orange alligators last night. :)

Latest posts

Back