worm bed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GREENIE_420

Reaction score
hey was up guys. I have a worm bed and they eat only composting fruit...apples, blueberries,plums, and citrus. They are very healthy... when using the castings should the soil be worm free or does a few worms help if allowed to be left in the soil used for the final pots?/ 2qrt size

Worm **** is very good,,and worms are good for aireation of the soil.

so i can scoop up the soil and rather have a few worms in the soil?

the worms will just die off once their food supply is gone or they will escape when you water.

Or some folk like me be eatin atem then yual gots none and I be askin fur more ;)

BWD

It is pretty much impossible to get ALL the worms out of the compost and for sure eggs will slip through and hatch.

I quit worrying about it after I harvested my first worm bin. You'll see what I mean after you've tried to separate the worms and eggs out.

Some survive in larger containers (5 gal+), seldom in the smaller ones. Conditions for growing mj and growing worms aren't quite the same. No big deal, worms contribute to the soil alive or dead.

Wet

G'day There G .

Studies have always proven that worms excrete what they eat..

Therefore i pray that your worms have been on a fruit farm ..
And that is a BANNANA , CUCUMBER, and CANTALOUPE :hubba: fruit farm bro .

I also guess that you have a good stash of Comfrey getting thrown in as well it offers 19 various trace and micro elements as well cuz .

So soak the pile of worms and castings to force any toward the bottom of the heap and they will slowly move to the top of the heap for oxygen :hubba: a good few minutes ..they move out overnight bro .

Do it 1hr before sundown come back at 2am and scrape em off the top .

Are we there yet cuz ?:D

But my guess is that the fruity flavoured soil that u fed that mob .

Sorry bro but ya soil could quite possibly very acidic depending on the fruit species . Google your fruit under n-p-k chart and this will tell you what your worms have been dropping in yer pile son .

It may not even be useful as a tea either !

Do i think that you should use the soil ?

NO ! :eek:

Your worms are useful !
Some ideas for you might be in the greenhouse :D

And that is a BANNANA , CUCUMBER, and CANTALOUPE fruit farm bro .
Flowersplus ses THC :icon_smile:

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Or some folk like me be eatin atem then yual gots none and I be askin fur more ;)

BWD

:eek:

gross BWD:hitchair:

BackWoodsDrifter said:
What? Been known to munch on tree grub or two as well ifin the trail be gettin little long to home ;)

BWD

IDK, does 'munching on a tree grub or three'=poor shot? :hubba:

Protein is protein,but the stuff cooked on a spit over a fire IS a bit tastier. Like rabbit or squirrel or ???????

Whatever gets you through the night, is alright.

I do really like snails, the big ones, sauteed in butter and garlic and called escargo (?) to make them sound fancy and not like you're eating snails.

Wet

Wetdog said:
IDK, does 'munching on a tree grub or three'=poor shot? :hubba:

Protein is protein,but the stuff cooked on a spit over a fire IS a bit tastier. Like rabbit or squirrel or ???????

Whatever gets you through the night, is alright.

I do really like snails, the big ones, sauteed in butter and garlic and called escargo (?) to make them sound fancy and not like you're eating snails.

Wet

Loves a good garlic and snail to butter and cheese Mmmmm Thankin ya ;)

BWD

Latest posts

Back