Auto Day/Night ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

St_Nick

Two_Toke
Reaction score
I am pretty decent at growing regular strains, never grew an auto 'till now. They grow notably different from the strains I usually grow. I have decided its fun but not really my bag. Anyways, I started these girls under 20-4 and now they are about 1/3 of the way through flower. (41 days old) I want to start some new seed but I don't want to give up these little girls 'cause they are purple kush and they are pretty nice looking plants and very purple. What would be the effect on the plants if I put them in my regular flower room under 12/12?:vap-Bong_smoker:

they will still produce and at 41 days you only have a couple weeks may be 3 left. I like to run Autos outside as I found this is where they show they potential.

you start seed under 12/12?

I am a little confused...why move them, why not leave them in the vegging space? If you start little ones now, your autos will probably be finished by the time the seeds you start get big enough to transplant.

I am with THG. Why move them? Unless you don't have the room in your veg space. Putting them under 12/12 most likely won't slow them down that much. You might lose a little yield.

Hamster Louis you hit it right on the head. I have a flower room with a 2x7 scrog going on right now and 6x7 ft. of empty floor space. This room has 5 600 watt hps hanging in it for use. (only 2 in use at the moment) The veg room is only 6x6 and it has led lighting in it. I have 5 of these purple kush and an auto pounder going on in there as well as 3 nurse larry clones in 1/2 gallon nursury pots that really need to be up-potted.

Normally I would start seeds in the nursery but my light in there burnt out.

I am of the opposite mind as Hamster. I believe that you will have significant yield loss going from 20 hours of light to 12. I can see you have quite a bit of empty floor space. Also, I believe that going from LED light to HPS at this stage could affect them. With autos you want zero stress. My understanding is that plants under LED and plants under HPS actually utilize food differently--i.e. LED takes less food as it is somehow metabolized differently?

I am of the opposite mind as Hamster. I believe that you will have significant yield loss going from 20 hours of light to 12. I can see you have quite a bit of empty floor space. Also, I believe that going from LED light to HPS at this stage could affect them. With autos you want zero stress. My understanding is that plants under LED and plants under HPS actually utilize food differently--i.e. LED takes less food as it is somehow metabolized differently?

I was figuring he is 41 days in and they usually go 60 or so. 19 days will impact them for sure but I honestly never got great yields off Autos to begin with.
I agree with the LED Lights causing them to utilize food differently. I have seen that 1st hand now.

41 days from seed HL. They probably have another 40 to go to be done. They are just now getting through the stretch.

I don't know if it would affect them or not THG. I can tell you that they were started under MH but after 2 weeks I moved 'em under the LED's. They seemed to like the LED much better. They are becoming the most aromatic plants I have ever grown, much more so then the Blueberry I flowered last and it was fruity

I was figuring he is 41 days in and they usually go 60 or so. 19 days will impact them for sure but I honestly never got great yields off Autos to begin with.
I agree with the LED Lights causing them to utilize food differently. I have seen that 1st hand now.

Ah they're mine, so not normal yield for auto.

I'm just going to let 'em be. Seed will wait and the clones will survive or else I'll clone 'em again. The PK are just starting to really get going and at this stage of the game I couldn't begin to guess at the yield. 3 of 'em branched a lot and two are pretty much single stalks but the bud production is as good and as frosty as any photo I've ever grown.

Latest posts

Back