DIY 30 site bubble cloner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
01323.JPG
[/url][/IMG]

I even made a single cloner but couldnt find the pics

again I give credit for My work to massproducer

http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2799

And didnt see the need for the Gel rooting compound as I think it washed off anyway....Another issue I ran into was the threansfer to My medium which is soil...if your Hydro Than I say this be the best cloning method IMO...but for soil..did not fare well

Hope this has helped

:48:

Ok I seem so I didn't need the neoprene. Ill get a smaller one that resembles the one that ur purple is in. Thank u. I think the two air stones should work if the tote is that small correct? The pump is adjustable. It can turn up n dwn. Do I really have to buy another pump?

I dont think you will...after ya set it up run the stones and see...you want the water to look like DGF (post #6):aok:..if the inside doesnt bubble all around the container than make it do so...

that Red one is a Rubber made container purchased at grocery store...its only 3 inches tall...like 16 inches long and 10 inches wide..me thinks...

Black spray paint is cheap way to cover the clear parts....Home Depot 0.99c
:aok:

lol, this is all SOOoooooooOoOOoOoOOOOoooo subjective :D

I have great results with my neo stuff. No light is getting down there because 1) they are filled with clones and the leaves block the light and 2) the cloner doesn't get direct lighting. I keep mine under my flood n drain table, and allow the clones to get residual light.

Everything is so so subjective, and honestly, as long as you follow some of the suggested steps in here, you'll be fine.

Take this for example. I tried a clone dome, and lost 20 of them within 2 days. Loads of various issues caused it, but I won't get into them right now. So I cut another 10 days later, and by the next day they looked like they were going to die. I put 3 of the best looking ones (just 1 day after cutting and having them massively wither away to a wet noodle consistency) and put those 3 into separate "double shot" shot glasses, 3/4 full of water. I left them under my flood and drain table, just to see how they would fair. These were CLEAR shot glasses, and light was going right through them. Within 10 days, I had roots and 2 weeks I was able to transplant ALL 3 into Sunshine Advanced Mix #4 (soilless)

So sure, algae can build, light can not help root development, you may not have enough air, you may have too much, it may be too cold, too hot... your right arm may hurt one day, and left toe the next, blah blah blah lol...

Point is, I never changed that water, it was clear through and I got 3/3 to TAKE and throw roots after having them wizzle down to spaghetti texture.

I'm sure, whatever you do with all this info laid before you, that you'll start to figure this whole thing out and come into your own. Don't let 3 of us, giving you 3 various thoughts (generally consistent but quite varied) make you panic! There's nothing to panic about. Shoot, the stuff is SUPER expensive. Go on out and get stuff to make two types of cloners... and heck, you can always take plenty of clones, so there's no fuss.

Green mojo for everything you do :aok:

Here's some pics of said shotglass clones:
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=204167&d=1368062435
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=204413&d=1368666636 (oh hey, it was 4 of them, not 3)
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=204632&d=1369191572

Also, take note, I don't CONDONE doing it in shot glasses, I was just giving you an example of how the little things you're worrying about aren't worth really worrying about. There's probably a hundred ways to make a bubble cloner but they all involve: air, water, clone holding spot.

the blue lid tote is an aeroponic cloner of which i absolutely adore---really simple to diy---rockwool cubes are plugged in the 1" holes---cuts are pushed into the rockwool---inside the tote is a small fountain pump pushing water thru simple sprayers plugged into a piece of drip irrigation tubing---the bottom of the rockwool plug is sprayed---when the roots appear it is real simple to pull the rooted rockwool plugs for transplanting

i do not have any issues with clogging sprayers and wouldn't trade this for anything

here is another pic oc a micro group grow---the rockwool is suspended with toothpicks and an air line dropped into the can

still looking for the example of the mini 4 site bubbler---again with rockwool and an airstoney

not in any way meant to confuse you---just trying to show we all have our own ways to git r dun

aero cloner 004.jpg

aero cloner 011.jpg

aerocloner 002.jpg

micro.jpg

I have tried about 4 different kinds of sprayers and have had them all clog--what are you buying that doesn't clog, orange?

i got them from my local irrigation supply store---little pricey at about $2 each---u see them in red---they are all 1 piece---no caps adjusting etc---get what u see---i do clean them with the entire unit before use---not sure why u are clogging up thg---the only thing i run thru mine is ph 5.5 water and clonex solution---if u see the water in the tote has some pieces of rockwool but that is not how it looks while running---just use a net from a fish tank to pull that stuff out---no biggie

why u clogging up in ur experience with aero :D

Not to knock Smoke's way, but I prefer to use the larger neoprene pipe insulation because it allows for bigger holes in the bubbler lid so that the plants can be rooted longer have a solidly established root mass before taking it out of the bubbler. With the smaller pieces of hose, the plants can't be allowed to grow as much root mass because it will be damaged when removing it through the small holes. :eek:

With the neoprene insulation, the hole is much larger(nearly 2"dia) and the insulation can be easily pulled out and then split open to remove the plant if necessary as it has the side split already made into it. :) See the pics in the links: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=185903&d=1330442649
http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=183400&d=1326252628

The cloner is a little different here but the same principal except I was using the split neoprene made for aerocloners: http://www.marijuanapassion.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=196422&d=1349545181

I use 2" neoprene pucks that I purchased somewhere online. They are my favorite to clone with. I agree that holes that are too small can damage the roots when you go to remove them. I like a whole lot of root growth out of my clones before they go into the DWC. My cloner is similar to the last one that Hush linked.

I also always used the Black Neoprene incerts for clonning. I have even used them all the way thru my grows. Thats the only medium I had with my DWC grows. I had to brace my plants stalk,,but it worked really cool.

I have that pump and it works good for one plant.

Looks good fang! I love the bubble cloners because they are cheap and easy. I usually run a lower ph and still hit them with at least 400 ppms o full range nutrient and a dash of superthrive (got free w a grab bag from the hydro store and works great). Warmer temps work better for the rez too. :)

nice man thank you. I was not familiar with the cloning process, your pictures helped greatly!

Latest posts

Back