Trooper Finds Marijuana Grow Operation After 911 Hang-Up

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FruityBud

Reaction score
A Macy couple is behind bars facing Class D felony drug charges after an Indiana state police officer checking up on a hang-up 911 call from the couple found marijuana growing in their basement Friday afternoon.

Trooper Joe Swisher arrived at 1899 East County Road 1100 North after he was advised about a 911 call from the residence at that address which ended abruptly without anyone even speaking to the emergency dispatcher, police say.

Swisher found residents Mark Friedersdorf, 44, and his wife, Becky Friedersdorf, 47, at the home. Becky told the officer she had called 911 after her husband allegedly intentionally rammed his head into a wall inside the home during an argument. She explained that her husband hung up the phone before she got a chance to speak, according to police.

While speaking with the couple, Swisher reportedly noticed a strong smell of marijuana. Upon investigation, Swisher discovered 10 marijuana plants, hanging to dry, in a bedroom closet. He then obtained a search warrant from a Miami Superior Court. Officers went back to the home and found an active marijuana grow operation in the basement. Officers seized an additional 72 marijuana plants, hydroponic growing equipment, 12 long guns, three handguns and drug paraphernalia, according to police.

The couple was arrested and taken to the Miami County Jail. They face class D felony charges for cultivating marijuana, possession of marijuana over 30 grams and maintaining a common nuisance. They face a misdemeanor charge for possession of drug paraphernalia. Mark Friedersdorf faces an additional misdemeanor charge for interfering with the reporting of a crime.

hxxp://shuurl.com/W5346

is it just me or do almost all cops always say they think they smell marijuana no matter wat the reason the police contact wether pulled over kockin on ya door. they always say they smelled it.
i been pulled over an serched sobrtiety tests the works he said he smelled it an teh funny thing was i hadnt smoked in over a week at that time cuz a upcomin UA lol.

The cops CAME BACK with a warrant, in that case those idiots deserve to go to jail. First of all NEVER, EVER, EVER, allow a cop INTO your home !!!!!!!!
Once they set FOOT INSIDE they have the right to do a general search for " their protection " !!!!!!
If a cop comes to your home, YOU walk outside and speak to them, WITHOUT a warrant they CAN'T ENTER, unless there is an obvious crime taking place.
Last year the local "andy griffith" town cop stopped by and said they was a 911 call from my address, i told him we only have cell phones and majic jack, none of which are connected to 911 for our address, it turns out it was an old number we had when we did have the local phone service.

He asked if he could come in and check and i said NO.
He actually called his supervisor and he came by and wanted to know why they could not check, i simply told them i don't need to give them an answer and that's that.

Most people are unsure and nervous around cops and get themselves into hot water.
I think of a cop as a last resort, i always fiqured;

"A gun in the hand is better than a cop on the phone"

Cops are trained to keep you talking til you say something that gives them authority to search, arrest, etc.

KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT ! only utter 3 words.

Ask my attorney

Latest posts

Back