Iso Hash Oil

• Thread starter THE BROTHER'S GRUNT
  • Start date
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OGKushman said:
Your doing something wrong.

And what's idek?

my guess would be another person forgeting to actually strain the "plant matter" out of it and letting it all dry and smoking that.

im puffin on a 4 gram ball right now i made last night. sat over night and while i was at work, when i got home scrapped it up and it tastes great, after about 16 hours of drying.

it also really depends on how long you soak it, i do batches in twos, one plate is for a quick shake, about 30 seconds, no more. that batch will be really light colored and tasty. sometimes almost a powder like plain keif.
quick wash usually has a taste of the bud/ leaves it came from.

then the second batch is a longer soak using the same stuff i just used. that plate will be really black and sticky, not as tasty but not really "nasty" either.

i strained it i know how to make it, it gives me a gross feeling when i smke it, i used 5 grams of bud and strained it, the alcohol was 99 percent and i let it evaporate in a pyrex and let it sit for two days after. it only soaked for 10 minutes. and idek means i dont know. like idk with an e. lol sorry, but its gotta just be me dude everyone seems to love it everywhere else i checked

oh my apoligies, i didnt read everything you typed lol, so ten minutes is way too long then? oops lol.

NCGuerrillaking said:
oh my apoligies, i didnt read everything you typed lol, so ten minutes is way too long then? oops lol.

i should never assume anything, but seen countless times "why my iso turn out bad, or taste bad" then see that it was never strained, glad you didnt do that lol.

but yeah 10 minutes would difintly make it pretty harsh to smoke, bet it was a pain to handle too, even the second wash of mine is pretty sticky ;)

I heat my ISO bottle in a pot of hot water, shake that mason jar like it was the devils baby, and pour it right through a metal strainer, then into a coffee filter. It only shakes in the ISO for 10-15 seconds. I like my ISO tan to blonde. Mmmmmmmm

I've recently taken to eating my ISO oil...my method is similar to the ones presented here...I didn't read all 19 pages, but will add my .02...I chop my pound of bud in a blender so the majority is small chunks maybe a tad too big to roll a joint...it is dried for a couple days and then packaged up in plastic 200 gr tobacco containers about 3/4 full...these are tossed into the freezer along with about 3 gals of 99% ISO...I usually waait at least a week before I continue the process...when its time I fill the containers with ISO quickly and they go back into the freezer...I don't want any loss of "cold" while soaking the mix...I wait 20 mins then filter thru coffee filters into another 200 gr container...I repeat for every container...once I have enough THC-laced ISO I dump it into an electric wok I have set up in the front porch...I set the temp to low and keep watch on it as I finish filtering the rest of the containers...once all the containers are empty the wok is pretty much full...when the solution is almost ready for final cure I add a couple drops of water to the brew...this helps keep the THC from burning in the final stages of the cook...then the liquid is transferred into a glass bowl with a lid...I leave the lid loose or off for the final cure...I use a coffee maker heating plate for the finish...it takes a couple days and must be stirred to get all the ISO out or it tastes like ****...once its ready to consume I'll average about a 1/2 gr every evening...eases my back pain....relaxes my muscles and allows for a minimum of 5 hrs straight sleep...the previous 24 years have been spent waking every hour to change position to relieve my pain...not any more...and sleep has never been so glorious!!!...I also feed my Lab a drop in the morning to help with her hypothyroidism...have given friends small amounts to apply topically for skin cancer and diabetic ulcers...both were more than happy with the result...I also provide my chiropractor with batches as he has 1/2 a kidney left..he started eating it 2 months ago and looked like death warmed over...he returned to work this past month and looks much healthier...1 lb of decent bud will yield about 2 ounces of bliss...when smoked it is a knock-out...hope this helps someone...;)

mojo

this year we are gonna use plum-shine to extract our medicine...have 8 garbage pails of good ol' BC plums...5 have been run once...120 proof and up is run again to make our elixar....119 to 80 is our play juice...I find my neighbors visit less after gettin' a couple shots of shine...and I get to keep my beer!!!!!

OGKushman said:
I heat my ISO bottle in a pot of hot water, shake that mason jar like it was the devils baby, and pour it right through a metal strainer, then into a coffee filter. It only shakes in the ISO for 10-15 seconds. I like my ISO tan to blonde. Mmmmmmmm

Whats the theory on hot iso? I thought it was supposed to be cold. :holysheep:

Awesome thread! I started a month ago with iso and love it. My wash is about 20 sec. I freeze the iso and bud for a few days and cut it up over the jar. Wish I had found it sooner. It's a great way to stay patient as your buds cure....lol. Storage is small mason jar in the fridge with a silica pack in it for moisture

View attachment image.jpg

:cool:hello all. i see there are not to many threads on making hash so i thought i would start another. you will need the following items:

1) clean jar with lid
2) isopropyl rubbing alcohol
3) coffee filters
4) plate or glass pan
5) bud or leaf trimmings
6) razor blade

First you want to take your bud & leaf trimmings crush them up and place in bottom of jar. Then take your iso and fill the jar up 1 to 2 inches over your bud & leaf trimmings. Put the lid on the jar and shake well for 2 minutes. Get your plate or glass pan and coffee filters. Take 3 or 4 filters put them together and dump your mixture into the filters. Be sure to try and fold the top of the filters together after adding the mixture this will prevent your filters from letting your liquid drip out the top. Let all the liquid drain through the filters onto the plate or glass pan. once this is done let the iso evaporate in the plate or pan and there you have it. Take your razor blade and scrape the hash from the plate or pan and its time to smoke. REMEMBER the better the bud and trimmings the better your hash will be. any questions please email me. ENJOY:p

I may be old school but i just lolipop the buds and whack them against a plate for a bit, then just razor off and roll between my fingers. I would like to give your method a try though and see if it tastes / smokes better or worse. Thanks for your post.

Kraven, I think you'll like it better lol. I used to do the same thing but put them in a big a$$ jar and shake the hell out of em. Love my iso. I've learned to just say no to violence to kind bud....lol

yeah that is how you make iso I herd I never done it but I do want to maybe try bho way one day i knoiw iso is safer but it is way easier to **** up I herd from a friend who knows a friend named jimmy

So did a small run just to give it a try. Only did one wash. What's a typical yield? I got 1/2 gram from 7 grams of bud. Stuffs a total pita to handle. Like tarry goo. Hmm.

Long old post and many are right or right enough to work in different situations. Now cold wet extractions are popular. With iso and Simpson's type extractions you can get very similar products but I dont use acetone for it after finding that out. A lighter iso soaking makes a higher quality oil closer to a bho. The blacker oil and longer soaks make for terrible tasting material anyways.but usuable for edibles. I have been trying to decarb the cannabis trim, popcorn or buds to get a stronger larger amount of product. So many are correct and it just determines the process you use by the product you need or can get the most/best of.

Bho or qwiso is more easily scraped out of the pan if it is frozen for awhile to make scraping cleaner and easier. Dont fling pieces of oil around but it's easier to put into a container, almost always silicone these days.

The really long soaks in everclear (green dragon) ect are more of old days. It will work but the blackness and solids make it less desirable to smoke but good for edibles. Nasty nasty to drink but being in alcohol solution makes it hit quite strongly and longer period.

Latest posts

Back