Brown on leaf, HELP Sticky? Stoney? DL?..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcbud

Reaction score
Three days ago i noticed a small brown spot on a leaf of a Mango plant about five weeks old. In the last couple days the area that is brown has gotten much bigger (almost half the leaf now). I also now notice the leaf across from it is also turning brown. The lower leaves seem to be yellowing just a bit. Compared to my other plants this is the second largest under lights (if it is female i wanted it for a Mother plant). I am feeding the plants everyday (a quart for six plants in gallon containers) a very light solution of Fox Farms "Grow Big", no more than is directed on the bottle and the other plants show no signs of brown on the leaves. I transplanted these plants into three gallon containers yesterday. The roots on this plant seemed very heathy. I have looked in the book "Guide to Medical Marijauna" by Cervantes and found no match to this problem. Can anyone help me with this? I sure dont want to lose this plant.

thanks so much for Your help,
tcbud
am i just a momma that is panicing that her baby is sick? should i put this plant away from the others? not one of the others shows the symtoms.

brown leaf 01.jpg

brown leaf 02.jpg

It looks like it's starting to lack in N (Nitrogen). That and have you used any nutes? could be slight nute burn as well. Hope all is well and your plant is in to health soon. Peace.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

the nutes i am using are the Fox Farm "Grow Big", the numbers are 6-4-4. Using them as recomended for daily feeding. Like 1/4 t. per a quart of water. Since this spot showed i have not given any nutes, cept the B vitamine from the transplanting yesterday. The other five plants that have received the same treatment are all very green, no brown spots at all. Will wait till much later today to water this one, after more ideas as to what may be the problem.
tcbud
thanks again Dewayne for the input.
the brown spot shows best on the second pic, it is truely brown and growing.

I'd check the PH balance on the plant. What brand soil did you use?

Not sure the exact brand, but it was organic and cost a bunch, like $12 for a bag about 4 cubic feet. All of the other plants seem fine in this soil, inside and outside.

tcbud said:
the nutes i am using are the Fox Farm "Grow Big", the numbers are 6-4-4. Using them as recomended for daily feeding. Like 1/4 t. per a quart of water. Since this spot showed i have not given any nutes, cept the B vitamine from the transplanting yesterday. The other five plants that have received the same treatment are all very green, no brown spots at all. Will wait till much later today to water this one, after more ideas as to what may be the problem.
tcbud
thanks again Dewayne for the input.
the brown spot shows best on the second pic, it is truely brown and growing.

TCBud..

just looked on the bottle.

It recommends 1/4 teaspoon per gallon.

There are almost 4 quarts a gallon.
So if you are doing 1/4 teaspoon a quart.
i would suspect nute burn.

Also it recommends to use every OTHER waterings..

This is odd, i am looking (with my glasses on), this bottle reads...

Every Watering...........1teaspoon per gallon

So i adusted it to 1/4 teaspoon to the quart watering container i am using.

today i think i will give this problem plant plain water. This is kinda interesting to me, last year the husband used miracle grow regular thrughout the life of his plants and it had a much higher number than 6-4-4. (He did over dose his plants once thinking more is better and almost lost them all) But i am gonna assume nute burn at this point and flush the plant with straight water. Then let it go a couple days to see how it turns out.
thanks a bunch,
tcbud
also i wonder why the product Grow Big would have different directions on our different bottles?

Yup, i woulnd't use the nutes every day. I'd use them once a week or once every two weeks. And you should really stick to the recommended dose, maybe you didn'tk now but it's important to make sure you use the recommended dose or even less. Some use an 1/8th, 1/4th, or 1/2 the recommended dose. Good luck bro.

make sure everything is all good on them, like Mutt said the ph is important too. Fluctuations can cause it to look similar to that. Might wanna check your tap water PH too if that's what you're using.

~Burn One~
Dewayne

Latest posts

Back