Multi month harvest grow cycles?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NexDeus

Reaction score
Hello, First of all let me say a warm hello to everyone in this community. Im a new medical marijuana grower. Im reaching out to more advanced growers in hopes to help me solve a problem Ive been stuck on for awhile:

I would like to have my plants set up in a way where I can harvest a good amount of plants at LEAST once a month. Now I know its really as simple as "Well put some in a month apart and they will fall into place after two months" but thats not what Im stuck on. I need a very simple way to keep track of age of plants and what nutrients they all need, as I hope to have at least four different age plants in cycle at all times. Now I have the idea of like a number or color system. Lets say harvest 1 is red, 2 is blue 3 is yellow and 4 is green. What I could do is use 4 calendars each coded with matching colors and plan out each groups feeding scheduals. Does this seem a viable method? Im looking for help to alter or build upon this idea in hopes to have a flawless system in place. Thank you all for looking and Im looking forward to hear what you all think! Happy growing!

Well, a prepetual harvest system is the way to go.
24 plants in groups of 3, harvesting 3 plants every 2 weeks, vegging for 8 weeks and flowering for 8. 4 different strains but all short flowering, no sativa's.
I ran this in a rdwc setup and it worked fine for me. Not much in the way of colour coding or organising needed. It was just a case of taking 8 cuttinge from plants that were due to go into flower 2 weeks later. (this gave me the chance to take more cuttings in case they didnt take for any reason)
By running this way, it saved me from having to keep mother plants. I used a 4' x 8' flowering room with 2x600W HPS in cool tubes and a 2x8 veg room with 2x 4ft 4 tube T5's.
The recirculating system was set up in groups of 3 buckets with a res outside the room.
By running with 4 strains (sometimes 5) and keeping notes on one of those sasco wall planners, it meant I could tailor the nutes to specific strains easily enough and as time went on the room got more and more dialled in.
Just a word of warning, try and keep it as simple as you can, 4 calendars with colour codes sounds like a headache waiting to happen, especially once you have an endless supply of short term memory fairy dust!
Green mojo dude. W

Maybe you should tell us more about your grow. Do you have 2 rooms? What strains are you planning on growing? You are going to have to be somewhat flexible. Not all strains will finish in the same amount of time--even the same strain will have phenos that finish at different times.

I think that you are making this more difficult than it needs to be. I simply use plant markers to note the strain and when they were put into flowering. You can keep some notes, but after a run or two, you are going to know the concentrations of nutes the plants like.

have you actually ever completed a harvest? once you have completed a few, it's all gravy. we just use plant markers with dates written on them. once you learn to read your plants needs by a glance, you will know if they need more or less of something...

are you using one specific nute, or several? if your a new grower, i suggest pick one, and master that before moving to another...

were here to help you anytime. if you run into an issue, post a pic up, and you'll get alot more help from a visual, than just explaining it with no pic. don't wait until it's a full blown issue, nip it in the bud with real time advice, from a buncha great gardeners, that will spot an issue fast...peace...

Hey everyone, sorry for the delay.

Ive completed two harvests but Im kinda scatterbrained lately. They didnt turn out the way Id hoped, trying to do too much at once left me a bit overwhelmed. One reason I want to have a perfect schedule thing is to avoid any mishaps.

I have two flower rooms, 18x12 and id guess 10x10, a 2x4 tent for clones and cups for transferring the clones, and a large 8x4x7 tent for veg.

Right now I think my problem is I have WAY too many strains...lets see...

Blue cheese, Northern lights, Grand daddy purp, Chemdog, Snow white, Black jack, Vanilla kush, white widdow, cotton candy and OG kush. I need to figure out what the best mix of yield/quality is amongst these strains and pick what...3? Trying not to get overloaded but Im very curious and trying to see what everything becomes.

oh, to woody pheonix, doesnt taking clones from clones from cloned plants weaken the potency over time? Ive heard this but Im not sure if its true

NexDeus said:
oh, to woody pheonix, doesnt taking clones from clones from cloned plants weaken the potency over time? Ive heard this but Im not sure if its true

As far as I am concerned it is an old wives tale....some on here are running the same pheno for years. I hve run my Larry OG a bunch of times and it has only gotten better as I hve become more in tune to the strains likes and dislikes....jmo

its not true imo, i have cloned the same plant for 3 years and its getting better.

i say better because i have gotten to know its needs better, but it definetly hasnt lost any potency.

Thanks! Thats very helpful info. I was panicing a little when I thought my cheese strain was going to get weak...its a mighty potent fellow. Ill apply the information ive gotten. Thanks so much guys. Also, Ill get pics up here in a few days, currently in the process of cleaning everything up good. =D

.its a mighty potent fellow.
we dont grow felows!! unless your are makin babies.
we caress & care for femals the most beautiful ladies in the world! unless you have a wife!

>< *cough* mighty potent lady...Bad choice of words lol. Next question is going to be this...will a temp of over 90 degrees and humidity over 80% cause my clones to turn into goop inside the cubes? Im having trouble with heat and humidity in my clone tent...my brothers saying its cause I didnt cut the clones long enough but I think hes wrong...I think its rot from the heat...can anyone help with that?

That's way to hot for clones I don't like for them to be above 80* myself.

NexDeus said:
Thanks! Thats very helpful info. I was panicing a little when I thought my cheese strain was going to get weak...its a mighty potent fellow. Ill apply the information ive gotten. Thanks so much guys. Also, Ill get pics up here in a few days, currently in the process of cleaning everything up good. =D

hey NexDeus
Perpetual grow is something I’ve considered in my upcoming 4th grow. I had just completed my 1st re-grow of Landrace Colombian Gold and Blue Widow in an aero-hydro grow system w/cfls... which worked out effortlessly or I just got real damn lucky.

My next grow I’ll have 3 separate areas to use... clone/seedling closet w/cfls, vegetation closet w/cfls and flowering area w/hps and cfls... you might want to consider a regrow from your 1st harvest of a favorite strain or two..., after the cut, just put them back into vegetation... trust me, the bud is even better then the 1st run....:cool:

I figured it out. I have a printed chart from advanced nutrients website and I thought wait...why not copy that down in chart form on a dry erase board, and put color coded stickers above the corresponding weeks and move them once a week? Genius!

Latest posts

Back