Heat issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm growing in a 4'x4'x6'5" grow box, and I'm having a real issue with the heat.. I'm using 1200 watts two 400 watt hps and a 400 watt t5 florescent light. Already have a 450cfm inline fan along with my corban filter with my fan booster on the outside of the box to help exhaust the air out the window.. I don't have anything growing right now wanted to make some improvements to the room it's in and getting everything in order before my seeds get here.. and good thing I'm not, cause the temps get up to 105° :holysheep: .. I got the room sealed up now and the temps in there stays in 70's however, the box is not getting rid of the heat that's being given off from the lights.. please help someone, all I can think of to do is add another fan and filter, and I really can't afford it

Are these lights in air cooled hoods???
Those booster fans are junk. If anything n you want to use it. Use it to push some cool air in.
Maybe think of be ridding the t5s. As there just adding to the heat
Just a thought.

If they are air cooled. N I have a window to exhaust out. Go filter duct hood duct hood duct fan duct window. That fan should keep that tent cool n 2 400's

LH.

i'm trying to figure where 105 is coming from as i run a 1k not cooled it almost same space adn am running mid 70's with a 435cfm

where is your grow space in an attic?

are you venting out the side top, or the actual top of the box

any pics of this set up

I will send the pics to my email and upload when I get home.. however,I am venting out of the side, at the top of the grow box..
LH, I was thinking bout getting rid of the t5 and getting a small box for clones and mothers cause it won't fit in the one I have now.. and no they're not air cooled been debating on them aswell but thought that it wouldn't be enough room for it

also disconnect the carbon filter unless it's really needed atm and 450 should be right there at your exhaust port inside the box right?

where is the space?

Do you have a fan ( oscillating ) on the bottom.
N you can always put your filter on the exhaust side of things too.
LH.

im sorry but I cannot unhook the filter NE.GUY, I had a real problem a few months ago with the smell being the first thing u smell when you walk through the front door.. since then I put up a new ceiling and silicone all the corners, and lil to say, that worked with the smell going upstairs but, I don't want the basement to smell like it either.. So exhausting it out the window is my only option, and a filter is my only option given that the neighbers house is only a cars width in distance away. Don't even use the driveway its so narrow... like I promised here are the pics ill give the temps after I let it run for a few hours to see what the temps do with the t5 off

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Why so far from window ????
If you move your tent closer shorten n tighten up that ducting you will probably see a difference.
Forcing some cool air in from lower ports will help too. Along with an osculating fan.
LH.

the plugs are on the other side of the room... I can use an extention cord and move it closer to the window.. try that out tomorrow if the temps are still high with the t5 off.. do that in the morning I guess

I remembered my old screen name, sooooo it wont have "2" @ the end of it now lol

4"fan ??? Like a desk clip fan.
10-16" osculating would be lil better. N opening a port n flap,or two will def help.
Keep the air always moving.

I went to liquidation world n got a 36" tower fan for 30$. Put it in the corner. I like it it saves space good blow on her n quiet

I thought that name sounded familiar lol.
LH.

no, its an old booster that I had for a while.. use that to bring aire in?? maybe hopefully?? I jus spent $400 0n seeds and really don't have the extra money.. im willing to get rid of the t5 as my father want to start up a grow next month and I will supply him with clones.. and why 400 on seeds, I wouldn't have to buy any mor for almost 3 years since I can clone better now .. but I do and will see something that makes me want to only buy that strain lol

Lol. Well. Your gonna have Togo out n spend just a lil more n get a fan for air movement

Must have a lot of strains commin
LH

I found a few fans on ebay under a 100 that I feel will do the job in connection with the one I have already... and yea I will have a nice amount coming in... around 80 or so.. most of them being freebies and im really going to be paying for around 6-7 strains.. cali connection, humbolt seeds greenhouse, barney and nirvana, and an auto strain that was cheap and decided to try it out while the other plants get big enough to clone... I think imam end up having to get a new grow box for my mother and clones cause I really like to play around in the breeding and think I got some real winners with the picks that ive chosen

the lights been on for about 2 hours, im guessing that its been on long enough.. after I check my temps and use my vape pen, post wht the temps are...JusBlaze

It appears to me that you have this set up so you are pushing the air. IMO, you are going to have a lot better luck if you pull the air out of the tent. Negative pressure will also do a whole lot to help control the odor.

The booster fan may well be obstructing the larger fan.

I would remove the T5.

You may have to go with air cooled hoods to be cool enough. They come in all sizes. If room is limited, go with cool tubes.

However, first thing I would do is locate the fan so it is outside the tent and pulling the air from the tent rather than push it through. See if that helps your temps.

The temps are still to high even with the t5 off, like 95° hot.
Hempgoddess, I'm pulling the air out of the box and it do have a negative pressure in there, it's just getting the heat out effectively

Have you moved and shortened your ducting. Pulling tight.
Do you now have a osculating fan on floor moving air around.???
These will play factors in heat as well.

As thg pointed out remove the fan. It will give heat off too.

LH.

Latest posts

Back